Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    When have Arsenal ever bought a player over 30 in recent times? Wenger loves them young boys :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As the song goes "Wenger touches boys"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    As the song goes "Wenger touches boys"
    #salty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    leinad2012

welbeck offers 10 times more than podolski ever will, like literally could list 10 things that welbeck is better than him at right now also how would podolski boost our GD when the guy scores 1 goal in over 900 minutes in the most poverty of leagues, not even koln want the poor *******, **** me.

would rather go to the bridge away, or in fact any big european game away with welbeck on the wings over pretty much all of our wingers bar sanchez. "little defensively" lol he's the only winger who tracks back and has the required pace to make a tackle to prevent the counter attacks we get ass plundered by constantly as well as his generally decent positional awareness.
    It doesn't matter if Welbeck is better at 10 things than Poldi, if we have players in our squad that are better than Welebck at those ten things (which we do in the form of Walcott and Ox), if Poldi is better at 1 thing that no one else in the squad offers (which he does, dicking on **** teams when the game is over), then he offers more to the squad by DEFAULT.

As MANY posters have said, the Italian league is notorious for being tough to score in, and Poldi was on loan for 6 months, hardly long enough to gel to the system. Welbeck has scored 8 goals from 37 games at 314 mins per goal, whilst making 30 odd starts, I mean **** me the guys abysmal.

Also, this myth about him offering us jack **** defensively needs to stop, I've never seen him make a ****ing tackle or stop a counter. Guy is literally the definition of poverty, would happily accept a £10mil big from some **** midtable team like Crystal Palace than have him at our club a minute longer.

(Also, I'm not saying Poldi is good, before anyone says I am, he's ****, but he isn't worth anything and could actually offer us something a bit different up top when needed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Podolski had a few big game performances last year IIRC, put a bit of defensive shift in too. Hard to really blame him at the start of this season when the whole team was playing bad.

Liverpool FA cup, and Bayern away come to mind
    what did he do in the bayern game? I remember he scored by fouling Lahm and booting it past Neuer who wasnt even paying attention, if you're counting that one, Welbeck had a big game vs Utd despite doing **** all else. Also didn't pod give away a penalty in the FA cup game?

Podolski is a genuinely likeable character, probably sat at home watching Invincible documentaries and reading ex player biographies when he joined.

ReputationRep:
    what did he do in the bayern game? I remember he scored by fouling Lahm and booting it past Neuer who wasnt even paying attention, if you're counting that one, Welbeck had a big game vs Utd despite doing **** all else. Also didn't pod give away a penalty in the FA cup game?

Podolski is a genuinely likeable character, probably sat at home watching Invincible documentaries and reading ex player biographies when he joined.
    Not saying he offers as much as Welbeck, but I'm saying he's had some decent performances and isn't completely useless, especially not vs lower placed teams

ReputationRep:
    So ibra is doing an eto'o, consistently snubbing a premier league advance only to move to the PL when he's past it at age 33

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    It doesn't matter if Welbeck is better at 10 things than Poldi, if we have players in our squad that are better than Welebck at those ten things (which we do in the form of Walcott and Ox), if Poldi is better at 1 thing that no one else in the squad offers (which he does, dicking on **** teams when the game is over), then he offers more to the squad by DEFAULT.

As MANY posters have said, the Italian league is notorious for being tough to score in, and Poldi was on loan for 6 months, hardly long enough to gel to the system. Welbeck has scored 8 goals from 37 games at 314 mins per goal, whilst making 30 odd starts, I mean **** me the guys abysmal.

Also, this myth about him offering us jack **** defensively needs to stop, I've never seen him make a ****ing tackle or stop a counter. Guy is literally the definition of poverty, would happily accept a £10mil big from some **** midtable team like Crystal Palace than have him at our club a minute longer.

(Also, I'm not saying Poldi is good, before anyone says I am, he's ****, but he isn't worth anything and could actually offer us something a bit different up top when needed
    Dicking on what teams? What are you talking about? Yeah the italian league is hard to score (lol what a half myth this is anyway, Luca Toni at 38 managed to get top scorer with 22 goals for Verona) in but 1 goal in 17 games, and you expect him to **** on premier league teams who are notorious at sitting back against us? No one else in the squad offers the defensive workrate from the wings and positional awareness that Welbeck does, certainly not Walcott or Ox. Besides plenty of our players are capable of being super subs like your suggestion of using Podolski, namely Walcott and Ox lol, even Rosicky and Giroud off the bench.

Clearly not a myth when he boasts the second best (at worst, obviously to Sanchez) defensive stats out of all of our wingers, cba to check stats but by judging by the fact he's only second to Sanchez in stats i'd assume he's at least top 5 in this regard in the league. I'm pretty sure you've never seen him play if you're claiming this anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Dicking on what teams? What are you talking about? Yeah the italian league is hard to score (lol what a half myth this is anyway, Luca Toni at 38 managed to get top scorer with 22 goals for Verona) in but 1 goal in 17 games, and you expect him to **** on premier league teams who are notorious at sitting back against us? No one else in the squad offers the defensive workrate from the wings and positional awareness that Welbeck does, certainly not Walcott or Ox. Besides plenty of our players are capable of being super subs like your suggestion of using Podolski, namely Walcott and Ox lol, even Rosicky and Giroud off the bench.

Clearly not a myth when he boasts the second best (at worst, obviously to Sanchez) defensive stats out of all of our wingers, cba to check stats but by judging by the fact he's only second to Sanchez in stats i'd assume he's at least top 5 in this regard in the league. I'm pretty sure you've never seen him play if you're claiming this anyway.
    Ox is strong defensively, lol at claims welbs has second best defensive stats when you follow up by saying you haven't even looked at any stats on the matter. Tbf welbeck is up there with wengs worst ever signings, and I'd be indifferent to poldi leaving, and I'm saying keep him to play when we're 2-0 up no team is parking the bus when they're 2-0 down come in mate

ReputationRep:
    lol Podolski's finished at Arsenal. At best he'll have an Arshavin esque 12/13.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Ox is strong defensively, lol at claims welbs has second best defensive stats when you follow up by saying you haven't even looked at any stats on the matter. Tbf welbeck is up there with wengs worst ever signings, and I'd be indifferent to poldi leaving, and I'm saying keep him to play when we're 2-0 up no team is parking the bus when they're 2-0 down come in mate
    Not really, not on Welbecks level. ?? Did you even read what I said, he boasts similar stats to Sanchez in that regard, the interpolation was wrt to comparing him to other PL wingers by taking in to account him being just below Sanchez who would obviously be high in the defensive stats list, unless you want to claim that Sanchez' defensive contribution is also a myth. Lol have you just started supporting Arsenal this year or something, what a ridiculous claim. He wouldn't even make the bench in that scenario, when you have Welbeck,Rosicky and Podolski vying for that last space on the sub bench it would always go to the former two because of their versatility and ability to adapt their game depending on the needs of the team.

Nice one ignoring the fact that he wont score anyway because he can't even make a mark in Serie A, like to the point of being dropped from the Europa League squad and Mancini openly criticizing his performances, not even taking in to account his meager goals return. So even then Welbeck will probably be more likely to bang a few goals in from the bench anyway.

ReputationRep:
    You know you're bad when Cuadrado and Salah make more of an impact in the Italian league.

ReputationRep:
    Did Welbeck headbutt leinad's nan or something? Guy hates him way too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Did Welbeck headbutt leinad's nan or something? Guy hates him way too much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What if he's a casual racist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

He's backing a blond haired, blue eyed German man for no obvious reason. Nazi confirmed.

(But srs, I don't see how he can think Welbeck was one of Wenger's worst signings)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Then he'll fit right in with this forum

ReputationRep:
    Welbeck is the personification of what is wrong with the English game, a guy who can't finish, but is quick and occasionally runs back to help the defence so is called a workhorse when reality it's because his touch is poor, his finishing is poor, his awareness is often poor, his passing is pretty poor, he's all rounds a poor player but makes up for it with the English background. You could find a hundred players on the continent as good as Welbeck in the £5mil range.

Also Sanchez has been incredible this season, but his defensive contributions have also been ovehyped, making 4 sprints back a game after losing the back in a take on and the media will suck you off for months over it, I mean Ozil runs further than him peer game ffs

ReputationRep:
    Per Mertesackers slowness is overhyped too, his top speed is recorded at 6km/h faster than Terry at one point.
    Messis ability to draw fouls is overhyped too, he gets tackled less than Jack Wilshere
    Girouds aerial ability is overhyped too, Sanchez has won more duels percentage wise
    etc.

ReputationRep:
    Messi doesn't draw fouls, he just dribbles past everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Messi usually scores before you can get the foul in tbh

ReputationRep:
    Khedira gone to Juve. Shame.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.