Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the gravitational potential energy and kinetic energy for the rocket in P2?

And the question beneath that about how far the distance/height rocket travelled?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can I just say - I only discovered this site today and it has been so helpful Above all though - after the Physics exams I felt so sick and felt as though all had gone wrong... I found out I had failed about 5 1-mark questions which I could have easily got :/ But I just want to thank everyone on this because you have been so kind to me and made me feel better even though I lost a few marks... Thanks you so much for giving everyone the support I didn't expect to see here ( this is so cringey but yeah...) Keep helping everyone and I wish you all the best for your future exams Thanks, S21.99

ReputationRep:
    I said 3.6J (I think) for the first two as there was no working space for the gravitational energy and so I thought it must be conserved. I said 7.2 for the height (double whatever I put first...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScreamingWhisper)
    What did people get for the gravitational potential energy and kinetic energy for the rocket in P2?

And the question beneath that about how far the distance/height rocket travelled?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kinetic energy

E = m * v^2 * 0.5
    E = 50 * 12^2 * 0.5
    E = 3600J

KE equal to maximum gpe = 3600J

Height = 7200m

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrTechGamer)
    What did everyone one put for the resistance question in p2 ? like the ones with the thickness of the wire.
    Wire C because the line was the shallowest so highest resistance.

ReputationRep:
    Omg. I think I missed a page out. I don't remember drawing a ray diagram. Can anyone remember the questions on that page?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...493&highlight= - Physics 2 unofficial markscheme

ReputationRep:
    For conservation of momentum can you say all the momentum in the first object is transferred to the second object?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubblebex1)
    Charge is measured in coulombs
    Resistance is measured in ohms

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S21.99)
    I said 3.6J (I think) for the first two as there was no working space for the gravitational energy and so I thought it must be conserved. I said 7.2 for the height (double whatever I put first...)
    Yep i think that was right. And 3.6j for both kinetic and gpe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Momo88)
    Omg. I think I missed a page out. I don't remember drawing a ray diagram. Can anyone remember the questions on that page?
    That was for P3 dont worry!!
    What did you get for the momentum question??

ReputationRep:
    I found the P2 exam the hardest one out of all the additional ones...I really struggled. I guess it was because I wasn't as prepared as I should have been like the Biology and Chemistry...I think the P2 has pulled my overall grade down really low now...

I didn't answer any of the plum pudding ones...:O - I ran outta time which sucked..

All the maths ones I got completely wrong because I had no idea which one to use and completely failed....all the answers on here are making me think ive done everything wrong.

I revised half life and then went blank in the exam...
    The momentum questions threw me off, and even the stuff about the parachutist with all the graphs at the end..I JUST DONT EVEN KNOW.

The only question I am confident about is the 6 marker..i think I haven't even passed

ReputationRep:
    Is there an unofficial markscheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabsafxo)
    Is there an unofficial markscheme?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...493&highlight=

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou!<3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Decklan)
    Kinetic energy

E = m * v^2 * 0.5
    E = 50 * 12^2 * 0.5
    E = 3600J

KE equal to maximum gpe = 3600J

Height = 7200m
    I may be wrong but I think the answer was 3.6J

Could it be that you used grams instead of kg for the mass? I don't think the mass was 50kg as it was only a small toy rocket!!

7200m seems a bit high for an air powered rocket as well

ReputationRep:
    do you guys think the grade boundaries will be high this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iKali)
    do you guys think the grade boundaries will be high this year?
    yeah. maybe 49 / 48 or even 50

ReputationRep:
    Judging by unofficial mark schemes, A* in P3 and A/A* in P2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RotomGuy)
    Judging by unofficial mark schemes, A* in P3 and A/A* in P2.
    is there a link for the p3 unofficial mark scheme?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.