Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

[2016] Fastest and slowest offer senders watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ABalogun)
    Has anyone got an offer from Middlesex or Aberdeen?
    Aberdeen took about 2weeks but came in with good offer

ReputationRep:
    Bath spa??

ReputationRep:
    It's been more than a month now and no reply from Cardiff, got a student login and password though. Am I missing something?

(Original post by Wenwoo)
    Aberdeen took about 2weeks but came in with good offer
    What did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    I applied last Monday for Aberdeen, and received an Unconditional offer today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ABalogun)
    What did you apply for?
    Geology. Going to applicant day in March

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlycheeemir)
    It's been more than a month now and no reply from Cardiff, got a student login and password though. Am I missing something?
    The same with me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sydneyl3igh)
    The same with me!
    Hahaha, I thought it was just me. What have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    Lots of Unis will not make fast offers - but that doesn't mean that you won't get an offer

Waiting a month or much longer isn't unusual and so you really do not need to panic if you are in this situation. For some people, they will still be waiting for a final offer/decision right up to March/April.

Relax. Its nearly the end of term. Enjoy Christmas, and stop checking Track endlessly - its pointless since all Unis close down from about 23 Dec to early New Year anyway - if you feel like it do some revision. do some old papers/questions, but above everything else, don't WORRY about offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlycheeemir)
    Hahaha, I thought it was just me. What have you applied for?
    All my others have got back it's just Cardiff now haha the wait is horrible! Biochemistry, you??

ReputationRep:
    How fast are St Andrews, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Strathclyde? Anyone heard back from them? If so, how long did they take to get back to you?

My friend applied to Physics courses and heard back (unconditional offers) from Strathclyde and Heriot-Watt within a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sydneyl3igh)
    All my others have got back it's just Cardiff now haha the wait is horrible! Biochemistry, you??
    I'm literally in the same place, two conditionals and two unconditionals, but Cardiff won't budge. I've applied for sociology

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have completed my a levels and received BCC, i have applied for medical science at oxford brooks with the entry requirements of BBC, i have received a conditional offer of BBC.

I dont understand why they have given me a conditional offer, i thought they would either give me an unconditional or reject me.

Anyone got any idea of whats going on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom Chapman)
    Hi I have completed my a levels and received BCC, i have applied for medical science at oxford brooks with the entry requirements of BBC, i have received a conditional offer of BBC.

I dont understand why they have given me a conditional offer, i thought they would either give me an unconditional or reject me.

Anyone got any idea of whats going on
    If you've already received your results then email them and tell them that your unsure why you received this offer based on you already having your results. It may be a mistake as the same happened to me last year and I wrote to them and they changed my offer to unconditional...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluebells60)
    If you've already received your results then email them and tell them that your unsure why you received this offer based on you already having your results. It may be a mistake as the same happened to me last year and I wrote to them and they changed my offer to unconditional...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you for the quick reply, I am going to ring them tomorrow, do you think they could change mine to unconditional too even tho i am missing the requirements by one grade.
    Tom

ReputationRep:
    It's possible but it depends on the uni...the fact you have your results may mean it will be fine because you can't do anymore after getting results...so they may change it like they did me although it was a different uni for me...good luck let me know how it goes..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Strathclyde and Aberdeen last Monday (7th), heard from Strathclyde on the 9th and Aberdeen today (14th), nothing from Edinburgh for me yet...
    @superfinfin

ReputationRep:
    BristoI and Bath are both taking a very long time to reply to me, I sent my application off late October and nothing, (offer wise) anyone else? (Math applicant by the way)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I applied to UCL, Birmingham, Exeter and Durham on the 7th and have not had any offers yet. Hopefully I won't have to wait for months :afraid::afraid::afraid:

ReputationRep:
    UCL was lightning fast for me (Geophysics) I got a reply less than 24 hours after I sent off my application

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.