The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sac14
Lets hope we all hear something this week

Another week of waiting! I really hope we get start dates in the next 2 weeks.
Original post by rachie93
Another week of waiting! I really hope we get start dates in the next 2 weeks.

Fingers crossed!
This is the same issue I had. I'd emailed them to ask when the referee would be contacted and explained my concerns of contacting my current employer before I receive the formal offer. Their response was; 'A formal offer will be issued subject to successful pre-employment checks.'

So Basically they will need a reference from your current employer in order for them to give you a formal offer. I had to bite the bullet and have a chat with my current boss. Luckily he was very understanding and supportive.

I told him I've had a provisional offer for a job but they need to do pre-employment checks before they will give me a formal offer. I just played it like, I'm not really sure how I feel about the job and whether I'd take it but would like to weigh up my options. I haven't told him I'm leaving and going to hand my notice in.... Just left it uncertain....

Now I'm just hoping they hurry up and do these checks! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
I got the email today requesting me to fill out the health declaration, references etc.. but the email refers to the role of 'customer service consultant'. Has anyone else had this and if so did you mention it in your response?

Cheers
Did you apply for the HO role?
Original post by 11222333abc
Did you apply for the HO role?

Yeah
The Health Form asks you to give the Candidate Reference number? Where would you get this from?
Original post by dc850208
The Health Form asks you to give the Candidate Reference number? Where would you get this from?

I left this blank :-)
Original post by danhan93
I got the email today requesting me to fill out the health declaration, references etc.. but the email refers to the role of 'customer service consultant'. Has anyone else had this and if so did you mention it in your response?

Cheers

Everyone's says this - I think it's a typo
Original post by 11222333abc
This is the same issue I had. I'd emailed them to ask when the referee would be contacted and explained my concerns of contacting my current employer before I receive the formal offer. Their response was; 'A formal offer will be issued subject to successful pre-employment checks.'

So Basically they will need a reference from your current employer in order for them to give you a formal offer. I had to bite the bullet and have a chat with my current boss. Luckily he was very understanding and supportive.

I told him I've had a provisional offer for a job but they need to do pre-employment checks before they will give me a formal offer. I just played it like, I'm not really sure how I feel about the job and whether I'd take it but would like to weigh up my options. I haven't told him I'm leaving and going to hand my notice in.... Just left it uncertain....

Now I'm just hoping they hurry up and do these checks! :smile:

I'd be very surprised if your current employer was contacted prior to any formal offer (unless you currently work for another government dept).
Reply 1830
Cheers

Well done at least you have some progress. Are you from 1320? Which location?
Original post by sac14
Well done at least you have some progress. Are you from 1320? Which location?

Yeah I am from 1320 campaign, first choice was Nottingham
I applied for the 042R campaign (internally) and had my interview last week on Wed in Nottingham.. they told me the results would probably be up by the end of this week, although others have been told differently. Anyone been told any different?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by N-Dulge
I applied for the 042R campaign (internally) and had my interview last week on Wed in Nottingham.. they told me the results would probably be up by the end of this week, although others have been told differently. Anyone been told any different?

What was the structure of the interview if you don't mind me asking? How many questions were you asked? How were they worded? Were you questioned on all 4 competencies in depth?

I ask as I have applied externally and hoping to have an interview if my competencies are scored high enough.
Original post by theduffman82
What was the structure of the interview if you don't mind me asking? How many questions were you asked? How were they worded? Were you questioned on all 4 competencies in depth?

I ask as I have applied externally and hoping to have an interview if my competencies are scored high enough.

from what i hear internal and external ints take a different format. I was asked 3 questions based on 3 competences. the last one, leading and communicating was assessed through your other answers and how you conducted yourself throughout the interview.
Original post by N-Dulge
from what i hear internal and external ints take a different format. I was asked 3 questions based on 3 competences. the last one, leading and communicating was assessed through your other answers and how you conducted yourself throughout the interview.

Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it. Were the questions based on what you had written in your application or were they looking for different scenarios?
Original post by theduffman82
Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it. Were the questions based on what you had written in your application or were they looking for different scenarios?

The only one i can remember (it was all a bit of a blur) was 'name a time when you had to assess complex information to come to a decision in a short amount of time' or something to that effect... That one was about Making effective decisions. So it was a general question really, and not based on my competence. Saying that though, one of my colleagues was asked abut her competence. So, my advise would be, know your competences and prepare yourself for a few curve balls...
Original post by N-Dulge
The only one i can remember (it was all a bit of a blur) was 'name a time when you had to assess complex information to come to a decision in a short amount of time' or something to that effect... That one was about Making effective decisions. So it was a general question really, and not based on my competence. Saying that though, one of my colleagues was asked abut her competence. So, my advise would be, know your competences and prepare yourself for a few curve balls...

Thanks again. And good luck with the outcome of the interview!
Yeah I am from 1320 campaign, first choice was Nottingham

Does the email advise you of any timescales? I'm still waiting for these reference forms!!! :'(
[1320 Manchester]
Original post by TSRGooner
Does the email advise you of any timescales? I'm still waiting for these reference forms!!! :'(
[1320 Manchester]

I'm 1320 Manchester as well :-)

One of my referees has been contacted but not the other and my dbs certificate has arrived in the post

Latest

Trending

Trending