Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD watch

ReputationRep:
    amide hydrolysis question with HCL did you get nh3+ for the amine that had the alcohol attached to it as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yazmin123)
    also any predictions for 100ums (please don't say 60 lol)
    At a guess, anything in the range 58-60.

How about...

90/90 - 58
    A* - 54
    A - 50
    B - 46
    C - 42
    D - 38
    E - 34

ReputationRep:
    also any predictions for 100ums (please don't say 60 lol)
    49/50 for A
    53 for A*
    57 for full ums

it was fairly easy probs be like june 2013 boundaries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rory58824)
    Something to do with why it dissolves, I began talking about blood but I think that's wrong. The ketone was 4 straight carbons with a methyl group in there as well if I can remember
    I wrote about the cooh and oh groups on lactic acid hydrogen bonding with water in the body?? Didn't wanna get to biological bc its a chemistry exam.

ReputationRep:
    hated this paper gonna get a u

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the NMR table?

amide hydrolysis question with HCL did you get nh3+ for the amine that had the alcohol attached to it as well?
    Yep.

ReputationRep:
    Was there 3 chiral carbons for tripeptide, 2 on the middle carbon of the amino acids apart from glycine and 1 on the R group for the aminoacid with the long r group?

ReputationRep:
    "find out the identity of compounds ASDFGHJKL" OCR says as they give us literally 0 space

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KB_97)
    I wrote about the cooh and oh groups on lactic acid hydrogen bonding with water in the body?? Didn't wanna get to biological bc its a chemistry exam.
    Yeah I did begin to talk about hydrogen bonding. I then talked about lactic acid being a fairly polar molecule, so it will dissolve in water?

I got that too.

(Original post by Sahil_)
    Was there 3 chiral carbons for tripeptide, 2 on the middle carbon of the amino acids apart from glycine and 1 on the R group for the aminoacid with the long r group?

ReputationRep:
    1. Was there 3 chiral carbons for tripeptide, 2 on the middle carbon of the amino acids apart from glycine and 1 on the R group for the aminoacid with the long r group?
    That's what I got yeah - the one with the branched alkyl R group has a chiral carbon in the R group if I remember correctly

ReputationRep:
    Confused on the acid hydrolysis. Textbooks give conflicting answers- CGP says its NH2 but main textbook says its NH3+, i put NH2 since it was dilute HCL hydrolysis. Think OCR would give me sympathy marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sydneyl3igh)
    I did this on literally in the last 30 seconds so might not remember correctly, but I think I got a doublet at 1-2 due to CH3, a hextet at 2-3 due to HC-N? (This is the one I wasn't sure on lol) and a doublet at 3-4 due to HC-O

The real mystery is what happened to the third amino acid.

ReputationRep:
    Was a nice exam overall, hopefully I will get an A. But I got the percentage yield question wrong annoyingly. Would you get a mark for ECF and a mark for correct significant figures?

ReputationRep:
    why on earth would the teacher dissolve a peptide with dilute hcl? waste of lab space and money. illogical ffs

ReputationRep:
    Is there an unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lion2121)
    Yes as it required no working out it was worth 1 mark, you'd probably lose the ketone mark as well thats it
    So could I lose a max of 2 marks for that question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sydneyl3igh)
    It was a double, multiplet and doublet for the splitting pattern

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 26, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.