Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ratelatemate)
    I feel ya man. So much tougher talking to yourself. It also seems that Barclays replies the next working day so good luck
    Only if you get an offer. Did it 2 days ago haven't heard

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Look's like I've been rejected if this theory is the case for Barclays.. Submitted my video interview two days ago..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aran2121)
    Look's like I've been rejected if this theory is the case for Barclays.. Submitted my video interview two days ago..
    did mine on Monday. do you guys actually know anybody who got an offer from BarCap the day after the interview, or it's just based on the replies in this thread?

ReputationRep:
    Are barclays' video interview's questions always the same or do they vary from person to person?

ReputationRep:
    I too did mine on Monday and haven't heard back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stellaris)
    did mine on Monday. do you guys actually know anybody who got an offer from BarCap the day after the interview, or it's just based on the replies in this thread?
    I know someone at my uni who also has this theory but I guess they may also be reading this thread, so it could be a false assumption

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I reckon it's a false assumption. They can't possibly review an entire app within a day. Besides, the volume of apps are increasing now.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon it's a false assumption. They can't possibly review an entire app within a day. Besides, the volume of apps are increasing now.
    Of course they can. They don't need more than few minutes to decide if you're a potential candidate or not.

ReputationRep:
    They spend 30 seconds on your application and CV and about 10 minutes on the interview to decide. They also recruit on rolling basis - know people getting offer the next day

ReputationRep:
    btw anyone done the BAML interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MicahRich)
    btw anyone done the BAML interview?
    How long did BAML take to answer your application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MicahRich)
    They spend 30 seconds on your application and CV and about 10 minutes on the interview to decide. They also recruit on rolling basis - know people getting offer the next day
    If you already sent the interview you can't do anything to change the outcome, so I would advice everyone to think about something else until they get back to you. We don't exactly how they recruit, maybe they just offer places to super strong candidates and the rest who hasn't heard back yet just are on a "waiting list" for now. Maybe they have been rejected. No one knows for sure so keep your hopes up and don't worry too much about it!

ReputationRep:
    I reckon they spend 15-20mins per app? With an estimate of 50 applicants a day, that's already about 15hours minimum. But yeah who knows. Just wait. All the best folks

ReputationRep:
    I reckon they spend 15-20mins per app? With an estimate of 50 applicants a day, that's already about 15hours minimum. But yeah who knows. Just wait. All the best folks
    I would assume they can afford more than one recruiter

ReputationRep:
    no wonder I'm getting rejected

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trader07)
    It was quite hard to find. I had luck, but that doesn´t matter anyway, because I pretty screwed up the video interview, because it wasn´t clear to me that it was one, like you can see in the picture it said "virtual cover letter", so I thought I only have to fill in some things and when I realized that it is an video interview it was too late to go back and I was totally unprepared and didn´t heard back since.
    Exactly same thing happened here. Sucks!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    no one with barclays grad email address then?

ReputationRep:
    Has Lazard opened yet?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by economicss)
    Has Lazard opened yet?
    Yeh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Yeh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I cant find it anywhere, can any one give me the link

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.