The I-SOC (Islamic Society) XIII

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash92:))
    dawah man says nasheeds are haraam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    A poor girl injured by regime snipers. Suffering in madaya, no painkillers just pain.Regime forces and hizbul-murder refuse any aid to enter, or let civilians leave.She says to them '' think of me as your daughter, your sister''
    al Jazeera isn't a very credible source when it comes to reporting events on the Syrian conflict since it is funded by the anti assad Qatari dictatorship.

ReputationRep:
    I'm guilty of this

https://youtu.be/7B9m5tsVSjU

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BasharAssad)
    dawah man says nasheeds are haraam
    Da'wah man is no scholar of fiqh, nor of usool, nor of any of the Islamic sciences. If you take this is a Fatwa from him, then I urge you to seek rulings from a scholar of fiqh as opposed to a YT shaykh that doesn't tolerate things like ikhtilaaf.

When referring to halaal and haraam, we should refer to those whom Allah ta'ala has given knowledge of the Book and the Sunnah, those to whom He has given insight into the deen, those to whom He has opened the doors of understanding to its usool (principles) and maqaasid (aims), those who have a wholesome grasp of the subject matter.

As for the matter of nasheeds, some scholars rule that they are permissible, others may not. We should seek to learn their views and read their explanations and specifications regarding them.

May Allah ta'ala make seeking knowledge of the deen easy for us and bless us with understanding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tpos)
    Salaams, thought you guys may find this useful http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/stu...d-save-over-2/
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    Salam guys. Hope you're all doing well.
    (Original post by Warrior Gene)
    Salam, salam, salam.. to everyone from other part of the world
    Wa'alaykumasalaam

ReputationRep:
    thank you everyone. are people here mainly reverts or otherwise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    I am afraid that, unfortunately, this has -in general- not happened

best
    You fell for the trap

Best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warrior Gene)
    thank you everyone. are people here mainly reverts or otherwise?
    4 regular users are reverts. Majority are not.

ReputationRep:
    You fell for the trap

Best.
    Hello

mine was just a general reflection about the huge diversity within Islam, and how Muslims seem to spend a huge proportion of their energy in debating the details of their religion : divergences then often assume the aspect of personal rivalry, and then political strife

best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    4 regular users are reverts. Majority are not.
    I see.. thank you.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/inp...102951102.html

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raijoon

ReputationRep:
    Da'wah man is no scholar of fiqh, nor of usool, nor of any of the Islamic sciences. If you take this is a Fatwa from him, then I urge you to seek rulings from a scholar of fiqh as opposed to a YT shaykh that doesn't tolerate things like ikhtilaaf.

When referring to halaal and haraam, we should refer to those whom Allah ta'ala has given knowledge of the Book and the Sunnah, those to whom He has given insight into the deen, those to whom He has opened the doors of understanding to its usool (principles) and maqaasid (aims), those who have a wholesome grasp of the subject matter.

As for the matter of nasheeds, some scholars rule that they are permissible, others may not. We should seek to learn their views and read their explanations and specifications regarding them.

May Allah ta'ala make seeking knowledge of the deen easy for us and bless us with understanding.
    Ameen.

ReputationRep:
    Article- From a Same-Sex Attracted Muslim: Between Denial of Reality and Distortion of Religion https://t.co/qJaDs65ZSj

ReputationRep:
    Yusha Evans Gives Emotional Speech Of Prophet's Final Advice For Us

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Pretty quiet here...

:eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by life.....)
    Pretty quiet here...

Hmm a bit too quiet...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yo hows it going pals, have you all missed me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by life.....)
    Pretty quiet here...

(Original post by HAnwar)
    Hmm a bit too quiet...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am here guys dw

(Original post by ILikeMintTeaM8)
    Yo hows it going pals, have you all missed me?
    Salaam Alhamdulillah.
    Hmmm well who could this be?

ReputationRep:
    It was reported from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No person suffers any anxiety or grief, and says:

“O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every Name belonging to You which You named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety”

but Allaah will take away his sorrow and grief, and give him in their stead joy.”

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.