[2017] Fastest and slowest offer senders!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by denkata)
    WOW! That's amazing? When is it and for what subject? So far I have only gotten an acknowledgment from them.
    Chemistry - 9th November, and thanks :hugs:, what are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from bath for natural sciences!!!!! 😁😁😁😁😁

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application for astrophysics at York, Nottingham, Lancaster, Leicester and Sheffield a week ago. I've had acknowledgements from all of them and been invited to an interview at York. Has anyone else been invited to an interview or had an offer back from any of these unis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ob-hockey)
    Hey! Im applying to law too, but I sent mine in on the 14/10/16 and applied for:
    Oxford
    Durham
    Kings
    Bristol
    Warwick

I have got an acknowledgement email from Warwick but not offer as of yet - How quick did Durham give you an offer? Also isnt their grade offers A*AA?
    Durham acknowledged on the day and offered a few days later.

Yes, you're right, their entry requirements would usually be A*AA, but I did a programme with them that meant an extensive bursary (if firmed) and a guaranteed conditional offer if I applied. Normally they'd drop the offer to AAA or they said possibly AAB, but by some miracle I impressed them so got an ABB offer 😁

I think for most applicants Durham will wait until later on though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    Congrats!
    When did u apply?
    Exactly a week ago

ReputationRep:
    Anyone received an acknowledgement from Leeds for any subject, or specifically nursing, application went in on 11/10/2016 and still no acknowledgement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren1498x)
    I know, however that worries me considering I have perfect grades lol
    It isnt just about grades ......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akhil1999.gs)
    Even I am planning to change my option of kcl to Warwick/UCL

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I thought KCL really isn't very prestigious and it's the first time that they are doing Econ. And I was applying to too many places in London. Applied Cambs, UCL (with a year abroad), LSE, Bristol and now Warwick. Wby?

ReputationRep:
    Just had an offer from Liverpool for psychology

ReputationRep:
    Hi folks, just received 2 offers from Strathclyde for Maths (year 2 entry conditional AA including Maths at Advanced Higher, year 1 entry unconditional) and Maths and Computing Science (year 2 entry conditional AB with A in Maths and B at CompSci, year 1 entry unconditional).

Also, has anyone received an acknowledgement email from Glasgow yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SayoniRoy)
    Got offer from University of Edinburgh and Glasgow ☺️
    oh my goodness congrats! When did you apply? (lmao applied to Edinburgh as well and stressing)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gold-Confetti)
    Durham acknowledged on the day and offered a few days later.

Yes, you're right, their entry requirements would usually be A*AA, but I did a programme with them that meant an extensive bursary (if firmed) and a guaranteed conditional offer if I applied. Normally they'd drop the offer to AAA or they said possibly AAB, but by some miracle I impressed them so got an ABB offer 😁

I think for most applicants Durham will wait until later on though.
    Thats amazing, well done!! Yea I applied last Friday but still havent even been sent an acknowledgment email.. :/ :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    You can do it! :woo: How have you been? (:

Curiosity. Can't us Year 12s be curious?
    Thank you I hope so! Pretty good how about you?

ok fine.

ReputationRep:
    Thats amazing, well done!! Yea I applied last Friday but still havent even been sent an acknowledgment email.. :/ :P
    I applied last Friday and haven't been sent an acknowledgement email either so you aren't alone.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I was shocked when they sent me it aha. Apparently they don't usually get back to people until the later half of the admissions round from what I've heard- SP was a god send of a scheme and they're surprisingly invested in it.

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll get back to you soon- it may be that they're waiting until the LNAT scores come in and then sending out in bulk like Nottingham seems to be?

Which college did you choose there?

ReputationRep:
    I received an acknowledgment from Bristol earlier today and they gave me an offer for MSci Zoology seven hours after the acknowledgment! Over the moon right now!

ReputationRep:
    I hope you're right about the LNAT, hahah! I applied to St Chad, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaApple)
    I received an acknowledgment from Bristol earlier today and they gave me an offer for MSci Zoology seven hours after the acknowledgment! Over the moon right now!
    Wow srsly? I got my acknowledge last week... still waitint

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dkfalling)
    I applied for medicine at Manchester on 22/09, only got 'acknowledged' today when they sent out an extra form they make medical applicants do, which is the experience as everyone in the Manchester medical applicants thread. I don't think they do an official acknowledgement email.
    I got that today too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n.ocallaghan99)
    Just got an offer from bath for natural sciences!!!!! 😁😁😁😁😁
    Congrats! What grades?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.