UKCAT 2008 Thread Watch

witness the sickness
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
my ukcat is tomorrow, i am wetting myself so bad i have NEVER been this nervous ... strage

i couldnt even find the test centre so the outlook is bleak
Hyeree
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by witness the sickness)
my ukcat is tomorrow, i am wetting myself so bad i have NEVER been this nervous ... strage

i couldnt even find the test centre so the outlook is bleak
well find it. and be sure to know where youre going.
otherwise have enough money for a taxi there! ^^
thats what me and my friend did today...
witness the sickness
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Hyeree)
well find it. and be sure to know where youre going.
otherwise have enough money for a taxi there! ^^
thats what me and my friend did today...

ive just spent two hours driving around with my mum screaming directions tryingn to find it lmfao. seriously though i think i know where it is i was looking for a building called "pearson proffessional testing" when the actual name was "century house" so that solves it lol.

only thing worrying me is the abstract reasoning seeing as i dont get it
Hyeree
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by witness the sickness)
ive just spent two hours driving around with my mum screaming directions tryingn to find it lmfao. seriously though i think i know where it is i was looking for a building called "pearson proffessional testing" when the actual name was "century house" so that solves it lol.

only thing worrying me is the abstract reasoning seeing as i dont get it
hehehehe. i didnt even have the luxury of that!
crossing the bridge to cph is expensive!! :/
^^ good thing you know where it is!

abstract reasoning... if you dont know GUESS.
Myoclonic Jerk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Hyeree)
abstract reasoning... if you dont know GUESS.
Genuinely great advice - seems to be the whole point of the section.
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Myoclonic Jerk)

Or its the point of the WHOLE TEST
crazylemon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jjkkll)
Or its the point of the WHOLE TEST
preeetty much,yes
Hyeree
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Myoclonic Jerk)
of the whole test imo... lol

they should make the test DOABLE so that they can pick people out of SKILL not luck...

too bad its like this though..
Myoclonic Jerk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^ Truth. x3.
Rosh_123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Argh help, I'm really confused. Does anyone know if an average of 635 would begood enough for 2009 dentistry entry at Queen Marys?

Any help would be much appreciated!
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rosh_123)
Argh help, I'm really confused. Does anyone know if an average of 635 would begood enough for 2009 dentistry entry at Queen Marys?

Any help would be much appreciated!

**** YES
Rosh_123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do you know much about Queen Marys though, it's just that several people haev said this, but they don't know that the uni uses a cut off score which is the national average.

Do u think that 635 would be above the national average - everyone on her has such high scores :/

Are you applying for dentistry?
Jade4666
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Am starting to worry about my uni choices...
internal deadline was supposed to be 2day but i begged for more time lol
im so indecisive im finding it hard to stick to my decisions..

iv chose:

Oxford- for main reason of it being a once in a lifetime opportunity aswel as very good job aspects when you finish and tht the degree is split into two and you can get a research degree aswel..also the added benefit of getting extra help of college tutors cos yours is 'priority' lol :-P

just concerned that i wont be called for interview as i have 5A* 42.6% or something of my overall GCSE's meaning i have to score in top 17% in the Bmat...am i wasting my time and one of my uni choices by applying? opinions appreciated :-)

also...Leicester, Edinburgh and undecided on Leeds..
Manchester was a choice but i think i only chose it for convience as its only an hour away frm where i live now and i dnt like PBL much..

And jus a small after thought...hows every1 getting on with personal statements?
Im finding tht by reducing my number of characters its all becoming a bit vague..ie making a point or stating work experience and not havin enough space to explain it! lol
Jade4666
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm clever and posted in the wrong thread :-P
Still at least its still partly relevant :-s lol
Jade4666
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't think i should even bother with medicine..for one you need common sense and i was just stupid enough to post this comment in the completely wrong thread...lol :-)

iv chose:

Oxford- for main reason of it being a once in a lifetime opportunity aswel as very good job aspects when you finish and tht the degree is split into two and you can get a research degree aswel..also the added benefit of getting extra help of college tutors cos yours is 'priority' lol :-P

just concerned that i wont be called for interview as i have 5A* 42.6% or something of my overall GCSE's meaning i have to score in top 17% in the Bmat...am i wasting my time and one of my uni choices by applying? opinions appreciated :-)

Manchester was a choice but i think i only chose it for convience as its only an hour away frm where i live now and i dnt like PBL much..

And jus a small after thought...hows every1 getting on with personal statements?
Im finding tht by reducing my number of characters its all becoming a bit vague..ie making a point or stating work experience and not havin enough space to explain it! lol
Rosh_123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Heya!

I'm not sure about for medicine, bu for dentistry Manchester is the uni that focuses most heavily on PBL so if you don't like that type of teaching style, maybe you shouldn't put it.

Just work really hard for the BMAT, if you have your heart set on Oxford then go for it

Also, the personal statement may sound vague to you, because you've seen how your drafts have changed over time, but to the uni admissions staff, it will be fresh and will sound good

Hope that helps x
Hyeree
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jade4666)

iv chose:

i decided that oxford wasnt worth it. :/ but ofc it is a one in a lifetime opportunity, and there is always a what if. right? =]

edinburgh looks alot at ukcat. how did you do on there?
because they dont have interviews....

and PS ... urhg.
my school is a little last minute as well. haha. good thing. :]
need to polish and rewrite a whole BUNCH of stuff.... hmm should do that soon
witness the sickness
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
you know with UKCAT, do you need full marks on each section to get a 900?

because if you get half right that would only be a score of 450 or would it be a lot higher...

im really not sure :/
Jade4666
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
sorry for covering a whole page with my ramblings lol..realised this is the right thread jus a few pages on haha

and i posted my ukcat results earlier...got a 700 average which i dnt see as too bad compared to averages of last year..just wondering if theres going to be more competition this year?

..and yeah i hope it sounds fresh and good cos if it doesnt iv jus wasted ten drafts of my life writing it :-P...just feel like iv took some of my best parts of it out jus because it doesnt fit lol...think we should all suggest an increase in characters for next years applicants..
Isiti
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Doing the ukcat tomorrow any last minute tips?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.78%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (701)
47.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise