• View Poll Results: Choose one.
    Coca Cola (Sweet & Sticky)
    30.11%
    Pepsi (Cool & Crisp)
    36.56%
    Sex.
    33.33%

(Original post by LuhLah)
    I was mugged today. I was walking on my break from college and these stupid junkies started shouting abuse at me and then followed me, and then just kept on punching my head. They got charged luckily (thank you cctv) but I'm just kinda traumatized.

I just feel ashamed of myself. I shoulda fought back.
    :eek: My poor, poor LuhLah! You must have had the worst shock. :hugs:

Incidentally, a guy at my school was beaten up on Friday night and the other guys are being charged on Thursday. :shifty:

I ******* hate this country (the whole of the UK).

ReputationRep:
    I'm just pissed off that it was junkies, pishy sum ******* junkies. Prolly high off their ******* free methadone and swooning away back to their 5 bedroom en-suite house whilst getting their huge benefits along the way. This country makes me sick.

ReputationRep:
    I am thoroughly grateful that I forgot to put my phone clock back an hour, and that it isn't actually 11!

(Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    It's hardly The Times, is it?
    Someone hasn't read the Times recently

ReputationRep:
    I was mugged today. I was walking on my break from college and these stupid junkies started shouting abuse at me and then followed me, and then just kept on punching my head. They got charged luckily (thank you cctv) but I'm just kinda traumatized.

I just feel ashamed of myself. I shoulda fought back.
    I'm so sorry
    This country is ****. Some people have no morals.

ReputationRep:
    Jeez LuhLah. You poor thing, I bet you're pretty shaken. Hows your head? How are you feeling? Did they hurt you bad? Did they pinch anything from you?

:hugs: I hope you're okay.

(Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Someone hasn't read the Times recently
    I prefer the Guardian :love:

ReputationRep:
    But the Guardian publishes unsubstantiated anti-oxbridge tripe :mob:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    Jeez LuhLah. You poor thing, I bet you're pretty shaken. Hows your head? How are you feeling? Did they hurt you bad? Did they pinch anything from you?

:hugs: I hope you're okay.
    Throbbing, shocked, yes and no. Don't worry, it could've been a lot worse. A lot of injuires is a lot more better than being stabbed or something. How 's college been going?

ReputationRep:
    I really, really can't do physics. The lectures are trivial, and I have no problem. Then I come to the supervision work and get just really stupid answers that are clearly wrong. I'll give this one more week and then talk to my DoS if I can't get it sorted.

Telegraph, BBC and the International Herald Tribune. The Times is... disappointing.

ReputationRep:
    Oh Luhlah! What an awful thing to happen. There are a few dodgy areas around your college, but this is terrible. Not the Ayr I remember...

Hope everything is fine at the hospital, and that they get what they deserve. Sadly, I am not holding my breath. Unfortunate, but nowadays it seems the culprits are the ones who get all the care and attention. Maybe that's me just being an old fogey!

At least you know you are worth exponentially more than they are! Got some maths in there, just to cheer you up!

ReputationRep:
    I really, really can't do physics. The lectures are trivial, and I have no problem. Then I come to the supervision work and get just really stupid answers that are clearly wrong. I'll give this one more week and then talk to my DoS if I can't get it sorted.
    :console: What are you stuck on? The style of the questions is very different to AH Physics and it takes getting used to. Unfortunately the A-level students seem to understand it perfectly well... :mad2:

I don't know if they'll let you switch, and you may find the catchup even more demanding than Physics now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    :console: What are you stuck on? The style of the questions is very different to AH Physics and it takes getting used to. Unfortunately the A-level students seem to understand it perfectly well... :mad2:
    I don't think I've managed to do anything approaching a full set of questions correctly since the first lot (i.e. the A level ones). At the moment, it's uncertainties, and there are so many different formulae and I have no intuition for whether I'm right or not - although I'm pretty sure that I've got 22bii wrong, since my figuring says that you need less accuracy in T when l is less accurate, which is patently false.

I don't know if they'll let you switch, and you may find the catchup even more demanding than Physics now
    I realize that, and I'm certainly not about to degrade, but they might be able to give me more supervisions or something. It's just that I really wanted a first, and I'm happy I could do that in computer science, and fairly happily in maths, but not remotely close in physics at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Throbbing, shocked, yes and no. Don't worry, it could've been a lot worse. A lot of injuires is a lot more better than being stabbed or something. How 's college been going?
    :hugs:

College is awesome atm. I have two weeks left before my placement!
    My uniform hasn't arrived yet though which is worrying me... And I'd planned to dress up as a nurse for halloween :p: Joking.

Hows college for you just now?

But the Guardian publishes unsubstantiated anti-oxbridge tripe :mob:
    Agreed, but its Books and Culture sections are :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Again, I've left my History essay till the night before, and now I can't think of what to write
    And I also need to write an essay for tomorrow if I want to be entered into a competition, which I do but I haven't had time! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I've managed to do anything approaching a full set of questions correctly since the first lot (i.e. the A level ones). At the moment, it's uncertainties, and there are so many different formulae and I have no intuition for whether I'm right or not - although I'm pretty sure that I've got 22bii wrong, since my figuring says that you need less accuracy in T when l is less accurate, which is patently false.
    There are answers at the end of the example sheets. For 22bii start with the standard combining percentage uncertainties formula and substitue 1/1000 on the left and the percentage error of l on the right. Then just rearrange to find percentage error in T (you need to round to the nearest "part in x thousands" at the end)

I realize that, and I'm certainly not about to degrade, but they might be able to give me more supervisions or something. It's just that I really wanted a first, and I'm happy I could do that in computer science, and fairly happily in maths, but not remotely close in physics at the moment.
    I'm not sure about that The supervisors are on a pay scale so they might want to nick a few pennies from you, but if you are really stuck they should do all they can to help you.

ReputationRep:
    Then just rearrange to find percentage error in T (you need to round to the nearest "part in x thousands" at the end)
    That's what I'm doing, but I'm clearly making stupid mistakes somewhere. Argh, it's just so frustrating that it's something so irrelevant to my subject.

I'm not sure about that The supervisors are on a pay scale so they might want to nick a few pennies from you, but if you are really stuck they should do all they can to help you.
    I think I came across it mentioned somewhere or another, but I may have misread. In any case, just mentioning it to someone might help me feel a little better, which would tackle one of symptoms if not the actual problem itself. I also feel that I'm still working out a working pattern that lets me 1) get the work done in time, 2) still have time to relax, to avoid going crazy and 3) have a chance to look at questions that haven't been specifically demanded. This way I would be able to, for example, return to previous questions that I found difficult, which isn't something that I've had much chance with.

And the difference with physics is that unlike, say, maths, you're not on the same general topic for longer than about a week, so by the time I've had the supervision and a chance of having a proper tackle of the questions, we've moved on, so I have to prioritize other things. I can obviously make an effort in the vac, but I'd like to get a handle on things before then.

Argh. Sorry for the rant, I just needed to vent. I can return to work, now...

ReputationRep:
    That's what I'm doing, but I'm clearly making stupid mistakes somewhere. Argh, it's just so frustrating that it's something so irrelevant to my subject.
    Did you remember to square the 2 in front of percentage error in T?

Argh. Sorry for the rant, I just needed to vent. I can return to work, now...
    Better out than in :p:

That was a hilarious and extremely fun night.

ReputationRep:
    Did you remember to square the 2 in front of percentage error in T?
    Yep. I'm now frazzled, and now entirely unsure as to whether my answers are right or wrong. I'm downing tools, going to have a nice long sleep, hopefully a jointly restful and productive day tomorrow, and try going back to some of the earlier mechanics questions in an attempt to see if the supervision helped there.

Better out than in :p:
    Definitely. I did have a tendency to 'stew', which had rather unhealthy effects, so I now have diatribes instead. Thanks for all your help recently, by the way - mucho appreciated.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.