Turn on thread page Beta

Current Year 12 Thread Mark I (2012-2013) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Nice subjects

I've added you now
    Do you think it's representative of the entire population that more people have picked the sciences than anything else, or is it just to do with the nature of people who use TSR?

ReputationRep:
    Current Year 12 thread (2012-2013) :bigsmile:
    :woo: :party2:

Brought to you by the thread king, usycool1, and the thread queen, Pandora.

Now that the old year 12s have made their year 13 thread, I thought it was about time we grew up and moved to the A-Level forum

Good luck with A-Levels and all the best for GCSE results!

Subjects

Additional Further Maths: GreenLantern_1

Ancient History: Hewitt

Art: Dobrzynski; Caroline680

Biology: usycool1; CharlieBoardman; myyrealname; -bethan-; Above.The.Empyrean; House MD; g.k.galloway; mynameisntbobk; meeow; Lucy96; The.Joker; JLKeating; Deziah; Dobrzynski; Y07jamesp; Abbseh; Sheel1; Blueray2; jordltfc; Caroline680; Zigggyy.; GuitarWorm; lizze-ie; Uranus; simon-123; CJG21

Chemistry: usycool1 (AS Completed); CharlieBoardman; myyrealname; -bethan-; Above.The.Empyrean; House MD; g.k.galloway; mynameisntbobk; meeow; Lucy96; The.Joker; Deziah; Y07jamesp; Abbseh; Sheel1; Blueray2; GreenLantern_1; benpearson1; jordltfc; sophiekutie; Zigggyy.; Draco Vulpecula; GuitarWorm; lizz-ie; Nathan0012; Uranus; simon-123; CJG21

Computing: lbsf1

Critical Thinking: Blueray2

Economics: thisisjokes; myyrealname; multiplexing-gamer; The.Joker; Hewitt; Sheel1; Blueray2; justanotherindigo; SophF_rth; Zigggyy.; whathe

English Language: Dobrzynski; Uranus

English Literature: Pandora.; thisisjokes; Paramore<3; -bethan-; meeow; Lucy96; g.k.galloway; Dobrzynski; elliebray; justanotherindigo; Uranus

EPQ: myyrealname; Above.The.Empyrean

French: Deziah; Fool In The Rain; jordltfc; elliebray (AS Completed); Draco Vulpecula; XxKingSniprxX; Uranus (AS Completed)

Further Maths: usycool1; CharlieBoardman; Above.The.Empyrean; meeow; Y07jamesp; Fool In The Rain; GreenLantern_1; jordltfc; Draco Vulpecula; lizz-ie; Nathan0012; CJG21

Geography: Paramore<3; -bethan-; JLKeating; Y07jamesp; Sheel1; Blueray2; sophiekutie; multiplexing_gamer; simon-123

German: JLKeating; GreenLantern_1

Greek: rock.and.rose

History: Pandora.; thisisjokes; multiplexing-gamer; Lucy96; Hewitt; Dobrzynski; Fool In The Rain; benpearson1; lbsf1; rock.and.rose; GuitarWorm; XxKingSniprxX; justanotherindigo; Uranus; whathe

ICT: multiplexing-gamer (AS completed); GreenLantern_1 (AS Completed)

Japanese: Paramore<3

Latin: rock.and.rose

Law: SophF_rth

Maths: usycool1; Pandora.; CharlieBoardman; thisisjokes; myyrealname; -bethan-; Above.The.Empyrean; House MD; g.k.galloway; multiplexing-gamer; mynameisntbobk; meeow; The.Joker; JLKeating; Deziah; Y07jamesp; Abbseh; Fool In The Rain; Sheel1; Blueray2; GreenLantern_1; benpearson1; jordltfc; lbsf1; SophF_rth; sophiekutie; Zigggyy.; Draco Vulpecula; XxKingSniprxX; lizz-ie; Nathan0012; simon-123; CJG21

Music: elliebray; rock.and.rose

Philosophy: Above.The.Empyrean; whathe

Physics: usycool1; CharlieBoardman; Above.The.Empyrean; House MD; Abbseh; GreenLantern_1; lbsf1; sophiekutie; Draco Vulpecula; XxKingSniprxX; Nathan0012; CJG21

Politics: Hewitt; benpearson1; SophF_rth; whathe

Psychology: Pandora.; mynameisntbobk; SophF_rth; Caroline680; GuitarWorm

Religious Studies: justanotherindigo

Spanish: elliebray; rock.and.rose

World Development: sophiekutie

List your A-Level subject options and we'll put your name here. Please let one of us know by quoting this post and/or Pandora's post below
    Art, Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Physics

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and Economics..

(Original post by Deziah)
    Got more homework today than I have throughout the whole of year eleven...
    The biology was easy as I'd already taught myself unit one.
    French seems pretty straight forward. Maths will take some thinking - haven't done normal maths in over a year. Chemistry looks hard.
    Have you started sixth form?

(Original post by CJG21)
    Do you think it's representative of the entire population that more people have picked the sciences than anything else, or is it just to do with the nature of people who use TSR?
    Definitely just TSR. If youre good at all your subjects then you're going to pick the hardest ones, and the more respected subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissMunira.)

(Original post by Pandora.)
    QFA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilbixxie)
    Art, Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Physics
    Added
    (Original post by MissMunira.)
    Added
    (Original post by benpearson1)
    Thanks
    • Study Helper

Study Helper
    (Original post by CJG21)
    I think it's more of the nature of the people of TSR tbh. Having said this though, the number of people doing science subjects in the entire population is certainly going up...

(Original post by Pandora.)
    Added
    Thanks for helping me with the OP

ReputationRep:
    I think it's more of the nature of the people of TSR tbh. Having said this though, the number of people doing science subjects in the entire population is certainly going up...

That's irritating. Gonna mean that places are going to get more competitive than before. Why can't people just pick crap subjects?

Edit: I think it may link in with a rise in people wanting to do medicine. 3/4 of my Biology class picked it because they wanted to do Medicine. I felt left out.

ReputationRep:
    No problem

ReputationRep:
    A week ago I was really freaking out so much, so good to actually feel relaxed now.

Am I one of few who is looking forward to going back to school? My mates are divided on the issue, but I'm so looking forward to getting back to a routine and seeing my friends every day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leelad)
    A week ago I was really freaking out so much, so good to actually feel relaxed now.

Am I one of few who is looking forward to going back to school? My mates are divided on the issue, but I'm so looking forward to getting back to a routine and seeing my friends every day
    I can't wait. My sixth form starts a week after everyone else , but I want to start learning again and securing myself a good future.

ReputationRep:
    Ah no way I'm year 12 haha now I feel old >< I enrol on the 3rd and start on the 4th I'm doing Psychology, RS and Health and Social Care

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..scream.fan...)
    Ah no way I'm year 12 haha now I feel old >< I enrol on the 3rd and start on the 4th I'm doing Psychology, RS and Health and Social Care
    Hello .
    Nice subjects, I'm sure they'll be really interesting ones to study!
    Sixth form or college may I ask ) x

(Original post by CJG21)
    That's irritating. Gonna mean that places are going to get more competitive than before. Why can't people just pick crap subjects?

Edit: I think it may link in with a rise in people wanting to do medicine. 3/4 of my Biology class picked it because they wanted to do Medicine. I felt left out.
    Just because a subject isnt a science doesn't mean it's "crap" :curious:

ReputationRep:

Now that the old year 12s have made their year 13 thread, I thought it was about time we grew up and moved to the A-Level forum

Subjects

Art: Dobrzynski; Caroline680; Lilbixxie

Biology: usycool1; CharlieBoardman; myyrealname; -bethan-; Above.The.Empyrean; House MD; g.k.galloway; mynameisntbobk; meeow; Lucy96; The.Joker; JLKeating; Deziah; Dobrzynski; Y07jamesp; Abbseh; Sheel1; Blueray2; jordltfc; Caroline680; Zigggyy.; GuitarWorm; lizze-ie; Uranus; simon-123; CJG21; MissMunira.

Chemistry: usycool1 (AS Completed); CharlieBoardman; myyrealname; -bethan-; Above.The.Empyrean; House MD; g.k.galloway; mynameisntbobk; meeow; Lucy96; The.Joker; Deziah; Y07jamesp; Abbseh; Sheel1; Blueray2; GreenLantern_1; benpearson1; jordltfc; sophiekutie; Zigggyy.; Draco Vulpecula; GuitarWorm; lizz-ie; Nathan0012; Uranus; simon-123; CJG21; MissMunira.

Economics: thisisjokes; myyrealname; multiplexing-gamer; The.Joker; Hewitt; Sheel1; Blueray2; justanotherindigo; SophF_rth; Zigggyy.; whathe; Lilbixxie; MissMunira.

English Literature: Pandora.; thisisjokes; Paramore<3; -bethan-; meeow; Lucy96; g.k.galloway; Dobrzynski; elliebray; justanotherindigo; Uranus

French: Deziah; Fool In The Rain; jordltfc; elliebray (AS Completed); Draco Vulpecula; XxKingSniprxX; Uranus (AS Completed)

Further Maths: usycool1; CharlieBoardman; Above.The.Empyrean; meeow; Y07jamesp; Fool In The Rain; GreenLantern_1; jordltfc; Draco Vulpecula; lizz-ie; Nathan0012; CJG21; Lilbixxie

Geography: Paramore<3; -bethan-; JLKeating; Y07jamesp; Sheel1; Blueray2; sophiekutie; multiplexing_gamer; simon-123

History: Pandora.; thisisjokes; multiplexing-gamer; Lucy96; Hewitt; Dobrzynski; Fool In The Rain; benpearson1; lbsf1; rock.and.rose; GuitarWorm; XxKingSniprxX; justanotherindigo; Uranus; whathe

Maths: usycool1; Pandora.; CharlieBoardman; thisisjokes; myyrealname; -bethan-; Above.The.Empyrean; House MD; g.k.galloway; multiplexing-gamer; mynameisntbobk; meeow; The.Joker; JLKeating; Deziah; Y07jamesp; Abbseh; Fool In The Rain; Sheel1; Blueray2; GreenLantern_1; benpearson1; jordltfc; lbsf1; SophF_rth; sophiekutie; Zigggyy.; Draco Vulpecula; XxKingSniprxX; lizz-ie; Nathan0012; simon-123; CJG21; Lilbixxie

Physics: usycool1; CharlieBoardman; Above.The.Empyrean; House MD; Abbseh; GreenLantern_1; lbsf1; sophiekutie; Draco Vulpecula; XxKingSniprxX; Nathan0012; CJG21; Lilbixxie

Psychology: Pandora.; mynameisntbobk; SophF_rth; Caroline680; GuitarWorm; MissMunira.

List your A-Level subject options and we'll put your name here. Please let one of us know by quoting this post and/or Pandora's post below
    Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Lit :')

This was posted from The Student Room's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiekutie)
    Hello .
    Nice subjects, I'm sure they'll be really interesting ones to study!
    Sixth form or college may I ask ) x
    Yeah they do sound really interesting and sixth form

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..scream.fan...)
    Yeah they do sound really interesting and sixth form
    Cool x

ReputationRep:

Subjects

Art: Dobrzynski; Caroline680; Lilbixxie

Biology: usycool1; CharlieBoardman; myyrealname; -bethan-; Above.The.Empyrean; House MD; g.k.galloway; mynameisntbobk; meeow; Lucy96; The.Joker; JLKeating; Deziah; Dobrzynski; Y07jamesp; Abbseh; Sheel1; Blueray2; jordltfc; Caroline680; Zigggyy.; GuitarWorm; lizze-ie; Uranus; simon-123; CJG21; MissMunira.; yesiwasdrunk

Chemistry: usycool1 (AS Completed); CharlieBoardman; myyrealname; -bethan-; Above.The.Empyrean; House MD; g.k.galloway; mynameisntbobk; meeow; Lucy96; The.Joker; Deziah; Y07jamesp; Abbseh; Sheel1; Blueray2; GreenLantern_1; benpearson1; jordltfc; sophiekutie; Zigggyy.; Draco Vulpecula; GuitarWorm; lizz-ie; Nathan0012; Uranus; simon-123; CJG21; MissMunira.; yesiwasdrunk

Economics: thisisjokes; myyrealname; multiplexing-gamer; The.Joker; Hewitt; Sheel1; Blueray2; justanotherindigo; SophF_rth; Zigggyy.; whathe; Lilbixxie; MissMunira.

English Literature: Pandora.; thisisjokes; Paramore<3; -bethan-; meeow; Lucy96; g.k.galloway; Dobrzynski; elliebray; justanotherindigo; Uranus; yesiwasdrunk

Further Maths: usycool1; CharlieBoardman; Above.The.Empyrean; meeow; Y07jamesp; Fool In The Rain; GreenLantern_1; jordltfc; Draco Vulpecula; lizz-ie; Nathan0012; CJG21; Lilbixxie

Maths: usycool1; Pandora.; CharlieBoardman; thisisjokes; myyrealname; -bethan-; Above.The.Empyrean; House MD; g.k.galloway; multiplexing-gamer; mynameisntbobk; meeow; The.Joker; JLKeating; Deziah; Y07jamesp; Abbseh; Fool In The Rain; Sheel1; Blueray2; GreenLantern_1; benpearson1; jordltfc; lbsf1; SophF_rth; sophiekutie; Zigggyy.; Draco Vulpecula; XxKingSniprxX; lizz-ie; Nathan0012; simon-123; CJG21; Lilbixxie; yesiwasdrunk

Physics: usycool1; CharlieBoardman; Above.The.Empyrean; House MD; Abbseh; GreenLantern_1; lbsf1; sophiekutie; Draco Vulpecula; XxKingSniprxX; Nathan0012; CJG21; Lilbixxie

Psychology: Pandora.; mynameisntbobk; SophF_rth; Caroline680; GuitarWorm; MissMunira.

Well can elliebray and or rock.and.rose assist me in telling me which dictionaries they got/will get for as spanish? I'm SO STUCK. xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing A Level Maths, Chemistry, History and Spanish.

Spanish..... I'm using the Collins dictionary ( the really big orange one published in 2010) and for school I'm using the Oxford Spanish mini dictionary. School provides us with oxford medium sized ones too but I prefer my own one as it isn't scribbled in lol

This was posted from TheLightbulbKid - voicing an opinion and attempting to give advice on the iPad/iPod app

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.