Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR Biology F212 Revision [3rd June 2013] (Now Closed) Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you feel the F212 exam went?
    Awesome
    9.46%
    Good
    33.78%
    Okay
    35.81%
    Bad
    10.81%
    Rubbish
    5.41%
    Not Sure
    4.73%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)
    What did people write for selective breeding resistance Questions, because there seems to be a bit off confusion
    I put, that due to a mutation there are some potatos that have the gene for resistance (which was mentioned in the previous part), so they should selectively breed some of the potatos that have the gene with others with the gene, which is artificial selection of survivng the selection pressure of the disease, so they will therefore survive, and reproduce offspring with the resistance gene. To make sure there is still a wide gene pool to breed half and half ,and for long term ensure that their potatos are grown in lots of places.
    Idk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liamnut)
    You're a little bit silly aren't you. We were talking about my low income groups would be at risk of catching TB. Not how TB is spread.

If you don't believe me, go and check the hienman textbook that's endorsed by OCR.
    oi bit rude,i know for the income thing i wrote,more uneducated,more poor health care and stuff

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone write for the question on EIA?
    I wrote that they assess:
    -Whether the area is habitat to an endangered species
    -The rarity of the habitat
    -To what extent the new development will affect the biodiversity of the area

How likely is it that I get the 3 marks?

ReputationRep:
    So upset there weren't that many questions on Health.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GirlWithADream)

you may have some in the same marking point,you forgot the impact to society

ReputationRep:
    I said something along the lines of: the phagocytes activate when the pathogens get passed the primary defences such as the skin and mucus, thats why they are "secondary" . I hope this gets me the marks. What did you write?
    I wrote that they are part of the response to pathogens once they enter the body

ReputationRep:
    Can someone quickly do a brief run through of all the questions? can't remember them all

ReputationRep:

I remember doing a PPQ on this and I think those 3 answers would all get marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucindaellaaa)
    I put, that due to a mutation there are some potatos that have the gene for resistance (which was mentioned in the previous part), so they should selectively breed some of the potatos that have the gene with others with the gene, which is artificial selection of survivng the selection pressure of the disease, so they will therefore survive, and reproduce offspring with the resistance gene. To make sure there is still a wide gene pool to breed half and half ,and for long term ensure that their potatos are grown in lots of places.
    Idk
    Wrote mutation as wll then wrote about how it follows natural selection, because when I read long term I assumed evolution

Hopefully it was natural selection.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrMeep2580)
    I wrote that they are part of the response to pathogens once they enter the body
    i wrote the definition,its a response to foreign antigens on a pathogen ,this causes action of phagosytes

ReputationRep:
    For the question about how phagocytes get into the tissue fluid, I wasn't sure so I put about elastase (which from the sound of things is wrong) and I also put about leaving the capillary through pores (which most people are saying is right). Will I get the marks since I put both down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by own)
    It hasn't really evolved, it's one of the oldest living organisms out there!
    Completely agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)
    Wrote mutation as wll then wrote about how it follows natural selection, because when I read long term I assumed evolution

Hopefully it was natural selection.....

Yeah, it is probably both, first of all it's artificial, then afterwards it would be natural (I assume anyways).
    Biology is great for it's many marking points anyways so you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    I wrote for the phagoctyes being non specific that its because they don't actually do it themselves, they just active B and T cells.

Also, how many marks would I have gotten for:

Collagen
    3 polypeptide chains
    close packing
    covalent bonds at adjacent triple helix
    insoluble
    no prosthetic group

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackitsme)
    wait x was cytosine!
    I'm sorry?

ReputationRep:
    You guys, about the question that asked us to label X
    Some of you are saying its nitrogenous base
    others are saying cytosine
    I said: Nitrogenous base which in this case is cytosine :cool:

ReputationRep:
    you know what people always say high grade bounderies,most of you dont get this was a paper with the most essay questions,alot lose marks on essay questions even if you think you got full marks,heck you lose marks for incorrect spelling,wording,contridiction and wrong sequence soooo F**k that ****,its going to be high,id say 70 is an A. Jan 2013 was much easyier!
    the boundeires were for jan 2013 a 71 b 64 c 57 d 50 e 43 and that was a retake paper where bounderies are always low so jan must be lower so 70.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gotzz)
    I'm sorry?
    X was a nitrogenous base, it was opposite guanine so it would have been cytosine. I think you could probably have either nitrogenous base or cytosine though. Seems harsh to reject either one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie2996)
    I wrote for the phagoctyes being non specific that its because they don't actually do it themselves, they just active B and T cells.

Also, how many marks would I have gotten for:

Collagen
    3 polypeptide chains
    close packing
    covalent bonds at adjacent triple helix
    insoluble
    no prosthetic group
    Did you write about primary, secondary, tertiary and quarternary structure? Most marks will probably come from that, but i think about 3 will come from that I reckon (maybe two as it said there was no prosthetic group on the next question).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarkProbio)
    X was a nitrogenous base, it was opposite guanine so it would have been cytosine. I think you could probably have either nitrogenous base or cytosine though. Seems harsh to reject either one.
    I wrote cytosine. Why are you telling me this?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.