Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Would love him here. You know, with most of interest seeming to be around lewandowski, I wonder if we can nick reus :moon:

Although I don't see either of them coming here :sigh:
    Personally Reus>Gotze, but he's from Dortmund and definitely wont be leaving for anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Would love him here. You know, with most of interest seeming to be around lewandowski, I wonder if we can nick reus :moon:

Although I don't see either of them coming here :sigh:
    Would agree with that

Jovetic i think it will be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Sorry boys
    How could Benteke let us down like that?! He's an Arsenal fan as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Personally Reus>Gotze, but he's from Dortmund and definitely wont be leaving for anyone.
    I think in Gotze's absence you realise the limitations of Reus. I think's a good player, but I think Gotze's just a little bit more special. Would be expensive to shift him even if he was willing.

The real question is Gotze or Kroos. Gotze was always the wunderkid of German football but Kroos has really come alive. I wonder how that will play out at Bayern. I though Gotze's ambition was through the middle which is Kroos territory. Maybe we'll see some fluidity under Pep.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)
    I don't know means now we are relying on you guys to beat Wigan on Tuesday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)
    Didnt he come out with something along the lines of "I thought this club was in London when I signed, I might move to Arsenal or something next season" when he first moved.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    I think in Gotze's absence you realise the limitations of Reus. I think's a good player, but I think Gotze's just a little bit more special. Would be expensive to shift him even if he was willing.

The real question is Gotze or Kroos. Gotze was always the wunderkid of German football but Kroos has really come alive. I wonder how that will play out at Bayern. I though Gotze's ambition was through the middle which is Kroos territory. Maybe we'll see some fluidity under Pep.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Alternate between the two? Also maybe once Schweinsteiger slows down they can move Kroos to CM?

ReputationRep:
    Omg! I knew Wigan would win! I should have placed a bet!!!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think the system Pep will employ will be similar to Barca with Gotze as a false 9.

Bayern currently play with a 2-1 midfield which will shift to a 1-2 midfield with Javi Martinez holding, and Kroos and Shweinsteiger as the two.

ReputationRep:
    Didnt he come out with something along the lines of "I thought this club was in London when I signed, I might move to Arsenal or something next season" when he first moved.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is what he said:

'Arsenal are the club I love, I like their philosophy of selecting young players and, besides, they had Thierry Henry.’

'For me he is the best player in the world and was my boyhood idol. I'm not afraid of making enemies at Villa by saying I love Arsenal.'

'When I joined Villa I didn't know where they played. I thought they were a London club!'
    Pretty odd of him to say what he did, especially the second quote.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's what I've been debating with myself for a while now. Personally for me, Kroos > Gotze in the central role -he'll probably eventually take over from Bastain (I've always thought he was actually the German wonderkid given he was captain throughbut various youth team). Gotze will probably be shifted play on the right but where does that leave Muller and to a lesser extent Shaqiri. Pep sure has got a massive awesome problem on his shoulders, hope he had a say in the highly unnecessary signing of Gotze. Bayern will be an interesting team to see next season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Alternate between the two? Also maybe once Schweinsteiger slows down they can move Kroos to CM?
    Thats what I mean, is he going to shift Gotze wide or are they going to fight it out? Schweinsteiger has a few season left in him yet, I hope they don't move Kroos back he's an exciting little player in that role, kind of like Oscar he's awesome without that responsibility.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Reus is more direct and makes some unbelievable runs, which is something I think is underrated. But I guess Gotze makes it happen for him as well as the two seem to have a natural connection on the pitch.

Saw Kroos at the Emieates and he was unbelievable. Him and Muller were the two most practical and effective attackers I think ive ever seen in the flesh. And Ive seen Xavi/Iniesta too.

If I was Guardiola then I'd set up with Ribery, Kroos and Muller behind the striker as always. Gotze cant justifyibly replace any of them and he genuinely is one of the most unnecessary signings ever.

ReputationRep:
    Thats what I mean, is he going to shift Gotze wide or are they going to fight it out? Schweinsteiger has a few season left in him yet, I hope they don't move Kroos back he's an exciting little player in that role, kind of like Oscar he's awesome without that responsibility.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Who knows haha but i would say Kroos this season overtook Gotze. Not a bad problem to have though.

ReputationRep:
    You can ask anyone - I absolutely love reus!!!!

Spoiler:
    Show
    No homo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by implus)
    I think the system Pep will employ will be similar to Barca with Gotze as a false 9..
    I could see it, but I wonder were Gomez, Manzukic and the rumoured Lew would fit in there. I also have doubts over Gotze's finishing ability to play there. Fine when you are talking about Messi but with Gotze I think they may run the risk of doing everything but scoring.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think the system Pep will employ will be similar to Barca with Gotze as a false 9.

Bayern currently play with a 2-1 midfield which will shift to a 1-2 midfield with Javi Martinez holding, and Kroos and Shweinsteiger as the two.
    Mandzukic is unbelievable in the flesh. He seemed to be the perfect foil for Bayern's midfield tbh so Guardiola would be tinkering with a system that works brilliantly for the sake of it.

ReputationRep:

Hmmm, Gotze in the false nine role, actually haven't pondered that yet but seems right in Pep's mould and Loew has experimented with this formation for Germany so you might be onto something. Also, Pep's system doesn't befits a true number 9 so Mandzukic might become reduntant.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea are plastic. Arsenal are the eternal club of the Highbury marble halls.

Roman Abromavovich took over a club with no history, soul or present that he could 100% dictate and he succeeded. He could have done the same with Barnet(although they do have some dignity) and eventually won the lot. Must be nice being back in the Europa League though, gives Chelski a sense of their inherent position.

Still advertising general sale tickets in the standard for league games btw? I guess its hard for the ''biggest team in London'' to fill such a huge 38k stadium with your huge fan base, especially when the far right racists are not such a bug fixture any more as they were for Chelsea back in your second division days :rolleyes:
    Stamford Bridge has a capacity of 42k, if you're going to try and pass something as a fact, a word of advice would be to actually check that it's right.

Every team has bad fans, including Arsenal. We don't like (didn't like) Benitez in the same way as you don't like RVP. Although at least Chelsea fans can carry it through, a lot like the club the Arsenal fans are all talk in that they say they'll give RVP hell, and then in the end the boo's are pretty muted.

We have one of the best set of away fans in the League.

Even nicer knowing we'll be back in the CL next year, something that poor old Arsenal will probably have to try and qualify for, and then as I said before, get to the quarters before losing and passing it off as "success".

You sure, Arsenal didn't get a lot of fans after they won the League/FA Cup around 2003/2004/2005?

You're own owner is a bit of an oligarch as well, thing is our's knows what to do to win. I'm sure every Arsenal fan would prefer to win a trophy (the Emirates Cup doesn't count, how about that? creating a trophy for yourself to win-and one you don't even always win!), than caring about stocks and shares.

ReputationRep:
    tbh its not just non arsenal fans

Yeah I'm talking about you Yaboy
    Truth hurts tbh

On a nicer note, how the Eff can wigan win a trophy and we cant looks like mancini is gonna go

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.