Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The TSR Tories are remarkably more Libertarian than their IRL counterparts, I'd argue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CyclopsRock)
    The TSR Tories are remarkably more Libertarian than their IRL counterparts, I'd argue.
    Oh aye, I wouldn't dream of comparing you guys to the RL Tories since you're much more grounded in reality.

ReputationRep:
    what are your views on immigration?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I have to say Adorno, whilst i disagree with you politically i love reading your posts. That description of Labour rivals the post from Cyclops earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    The opposition's job is, strangely enough, to oppose the Government. However it should be noted that they voted in favour of the Labour/Libertarian Falklands motion and initially expressed support for the Scottish Cases to the Supreme Court Bill (until it was pointed out that the bill was unnecessary), but it stands to reason that as a right wing party, they would oppose things like your Salary Cap Bill.
    I still believe that the bill is necessary. While the facility is there, it is rarely used. Advocates can still make the Scottish Legal System look different to what it is for their own personal gain which is wrong, and having a majority of Scottish judges presiding over Supreme Court cases would help combat this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    I still believe that the bill is necessary. While the facility is there, it is rarely used. Advocates can still make the Scottish Legal System look different to what it is for their own personal gain which is wrong, and having a majority of Scottish judges presiding over Supreme Court cases would help combat this.
    But such a bill should come after ones focusing on the problems of everyone in the UK. What does Labour wish to do about unemployment, rampant inflation, high energy prices and so forth? We haven't had an answer to that yet - instead we get war mongering (from the Ulster Unionist), a nationalist bill for Scotland, and an attempt at capping pay that was cruder than a barrel of middle-eastern black gold. If Labour is truly a party of the ordinary man, woman and child of Britain and Northern Ireland, then they ought to provide answers to those issues. They are, without a doubt, of greater importance than this one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obi_adorno_kenobi)
    *sniggers* There's exactly how much difference between yourselves and the Conservatives these days? How many times have you gone into coalition with the Tories? Supported Tory bills? Sounded like Tories? Acted like Tories?

That said, the Libers are the only party with any coherence in vision and political acumen these days. Oh how it pains me to say that!

In any case, the TSR Labour Party clearly lack any sense of vision. If you're a party of the old social democratic left you have several easy things to do. Bills which provide levels of welfare security, which improve working conditions, which increase opportunities and egalitarianism. What passes for the TSR Labour Party at the minute wouldn't know social democracy if it bit them on the arse. Not surprising when you've a party comprised of a Scottish Nationalist, a Protestant Ulster Unionist, and half a dozen anonymous folks who barely post anything. Even the arch mediocrity that is the Liberal Democrat leader is more in control of ideas and he can't even use capital letters properly.
    Who is the Scottish Nationalist?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Your dear leader!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Your dear leader!
    *Honourable Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Dangermouse)
    Sure, maybe the previous government could have been more active, but it's for the electorate to decide who "earned" the right to be in government and on this occasion it is the Labour party.
    (Original post by Mr Dangermouse)
    Well it's pretty obvious that the alternative provided by the opposition parties wasn't enough to convince the electorate.
    Just as a note, I question whether the general electorate of TSR truly know the in's and out's and the goings on of the house. They probably just voted the way they usually vote either because they were raised that way or based on their opinions of real life politics.
    I seriously question just how many of those 700 plus voters actually realised or knew there was a VoNC and why. I seriously wonder how much they care. And when you ask why, just look at how many non members of this house posted in the election thread, asking questions and voicing their opinion.

If those 700 plus people and the rest of TSR actually knew about the last government, the VoNC and everything else that goes on in the house, I think the vote might have turned out different. Maybe.

P.s I'm not saying that ultimately a lot of people don't care, but for one reason or another they don't seem to associate or pay too much attention to the goings on in the house, our Model house. If they did there would probably be more questions about the goings on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Just as a note, I question whether the general electorate of TSR truly know the in's and out's and the goings on of the house. They probably just voted the way they usually vote either because they were raised that way or based on their opinions of real life politics.
    I seriously question just how many of those 700 plus voters actually realised or knew there was a VoNC and why. I seriously wonder how much they care. And when you ask why, just look at how many non members of this house posted in the election thread, asking questions and voicing their opinion.

If those 700 plus people and the rest of TSR actually knew about the last government, the VoNC and everything else that goes on in the house, I think the vote might have turned out different. Maybe.

P.s I'm not saying that ultimately a lot of people don't care, but for one reason or another they don't seem to associate or pay too much attention to the goings on in the house, our Model house. If they did there would probably be more questions about the goings on.
    I'll respond to the other posts in this thread in a mo, but I just want to focus on this one and to say I agree with it. I've often wondered what TSR elections would be like if we did force parties to divorce themselves from real life equivalents, and gave ourselves relatively neutral names - Red Party/Blue Party/Yellow Party and so on. I'm aware of the arguments against - might drive down activity, but I think it would be an interesting experiment to try the once.

ReputationRep:
    Your dear leader!
    Never had David down as an SNP supporter.

ReputationRep:
    What is the labour party's opinion on tap dancing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moleman1996)
    What is the labour party's opinion on tap dancing?
    We don't like it. We tried it but a few guys fell into the sink
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Will the Labour party confirm if any parties have refused a coalition offer after the shambles of last term.

ReputationRep:
    Will the Labour party confirm if any parties have refused a coalition offer after the shambles of last term.
    No party has refused the offer of a coalition so far.

In fact, you can be the first. Want to join a coalition with us?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I formally reject your offer.

ReputationRep:
    I formally reject your offer.
    Aww

Every time I pull my bottle of Coke out of my bag it fizzes up and sprays everywhere, I can't seem to stop it from happening.

Will TSR Labour be able to put a cap on that too?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, TSR Labour party - when was the last time any of you did a job involving "labour" that wasn't knocking off a trucker in the A3 Littlechef toilets in exchange for KFC vouchers?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.