Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDH9)
    I took Maths, Physics and Chemistry at A2 and got A's in each of them. Also got A in AS Further Maths. Good luck getting into Birmingham next year
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M-Dog)
    How is everyones welcome calender coming along?
    Looks like this year's freshers' week is going to be wicked - there are so many interesting day events to attend (including the compulsory ones).

Did you download an iCalendar application to create your own Welcome Week calendar from the website or something? I can't seem to create mine when I click on ''add to calendar'' - it just downloads an '.ics' file.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I'm going to miss the first day of freshers week the 22nd I believe, is that going to be a problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePersian)
    Guys, I'm going to miss the first day of freshers week the 22nd I believe, is that going to be a problem?
    It depends on if you have compulsory course events to attend on the 22nd. I know mine only starts on the 23rd, so I can do what I want on the 22nd.

Type the code of your course here to find out: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/welcome/events/index.aspx

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else pretty disappointed that they got liberty court? It looks awful..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grace .)
    Looks like this year's freshers' week is going to be wicked - there are so many interesting day events to attend (including the compulsory ones).

Did you download an iCalendar application to create your own Welcome Week calendar from the website or something? I can't seem to create mine when I click on ''add to calendar'' - it just downloads an '.ics' file.
    I actually don't know hope to create the calender- I was just nothing key dates down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmonHen)
    Ohh yes it's so nice to see another person doing German! It seems we are few and far between in numbers haha
    I'm doing German too! I'm doing it with Spanish though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katthetwat)
    I'm doing German too! I'm doing it with Spanish though
    Well that's three so far! Tbh that's more people than did German A level in my year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bushome54)
    Well that's three so far! Tbh that's more people than did German A level in my year...
    I was the only person in my A level class haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katthetwat)
    I was the only person in my A level class haha!
    Same, for AS. There was another person who joined for A2

ReputationRep:
    how do we get the freshers week tickets?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M-Dog)
    I actually don't know hope to create the calender- I was just nothing key dates down
    Ah, okay. Sounds like a better option - I might just note down the key dates and events I'm interesting in going to.

ReputationRep:
    What freshers week ticket has everyone got?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jolive444)
    What freshers week ticket has everyone got?
    I'm getting the Freshers Fest Plus one

ReputationRep:
    Any other medics here? Anyone got Victoria Hall for their accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BWFC4life)
    Vicky Hall phase 3 C30!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanja55)
    Can i buy tickets for the events during fresher week in birmingham?
    Of course, you can! You can get tickets from students who couldn't make it to the events when you are in Birmingham (a few freshers will be selling them). Make sure to check your hall's facebook group to not miss out on anything (mine has a group created purposely to sell & buy freshers' tickets secondhand!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anntttttt)
    how do we get the freshers week tickets?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You get them here (you'll first need to register in order to be able to purchase anything): http://guildofstudents.com/account/register/Newstudent/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Wing)
    Anyone else pretty disappointed that they got liberty court? It looks awful..
    I got liberty court too! I don't know how I feel about it😩 it wasn't exactly my first choice

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BWFC4life)
    I'm a medic staying in Victoria halls!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.