Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by joddcfc)
    Sounds like Sheffield United but they even fail in the final. What are you automatic chances in your opinion?
    They're the best they've been for a few years at least - got a decent squad and strikers who actually score.

ReputationRep:
    Pompey losing.

Oh dear, from FA Cup winners (6 years ago) to getting beat by a non-league side in the first round
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    And Portsmouth are out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    They're the best they've been for a few years at least - got a decent squad and strikers who actually score.
    Most Blades fans I know are not too confident in general, even after x many years of trying. As for the striker - they really are desperate for their resident rapist to return as they don't have much confidence in Higdon.

I know it was only one match, but when Sheffield United played us (Chesterfield) they were poor and nowhere near even play off quality. I'm sure any SUFC fans on here will be willing to challenge that though.

ReputationRep:
    FLS featured game is Wolves V Forest this week. Rather confusing showing 9th V 11th when you have Watford/Derby and Ipswich/Bournemouth this weekend, four of the top five playing each other.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    FLS featured game is Wolves V Forest this week. Rather confusing showing 9th V 11th when you have Watford/Derby and Ipswich/Bournemouth this weekend, four of the top five playing each other.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    While I agree that the focus should have been Watford-Derby, still see both of us being up there. One bad result aside, we bounce back on Saturday, and we're probably in the playoff places again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    While I agree that the focus should have been Watford-Derby, still see both of us being up there. One bad result aside, we bounce back on Saturday, and we're probably in the playoff places again.
    Nothing against either team at all, just the BBC seem to take a liking to Forest this season for some reason. Apparently the featured match is decided 3 weeks before the game week, which makes more sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    And Portsmouth are out.
    Possibly another upset on the cards... Maidstone are currently winning 1-0 against Stevenage, second half just kicked off. The winner of this has a lovely long trip to Wales to look forward to.

EDIT: Of course Stevenage were going to score just after I posted this!

ReputationRep:
    Nothing against either team at all, just the BBC seem to take a liking to Forest this season for some reason. Apparently the featured match is decided 3 weeks before the game week, which makes more sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah i've noticed the whole Forest focus as well, guessing it's partly down to the Pearce effect from the media point of view.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    This made me laugh :lol:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...rs-manager-job

A football-loving schoolboy applied for the job of Bolton Wanderers manager – telling the chairman the players were slow, unfit and overweight.

Thomas Fielding, nine, a season-ticket holder at the Macron stadium, asked for the job when the struggling club parted company with Dougie Freedman last month.

After his honest assessment of the players, Thomas added: “I know that I am young but I am cheap”.

ReputationRep:
    Dave Whelan has had an absolute shocker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Dave Whelan has had an absolute shocker
    Rumour has it Dave Whelan once played in an FA Cup final.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    and broke his leg in it.

Oh and Stevenage are out.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Broke his leg in the final you known. He has a distinct hatred of Jews and Chinese people you known

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Broke his leg in the final you known. He has a distinct hatred of Jews and Chinese people you known
    Don't know how so many people know his FA Cup final. He never mentions it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    Possibly another upset on the cards... Maidstone are currently winning 1-0 against Stevenage, second half just kicked off. The winner of this has a lovely long trip to Wales to look forward to.

EDIT: Of course Stevenage were going to score just after I posted this!
    And then Maidstone steal a late winner
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The FLS format is really questionable imo. The amount of times their featured game is poor/a bore draw is really high. They'd be better off choosing a couple to focus on and then having bigger options when it came to the show.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    And then Maidstone steal a late winner
    They certainly did albeit slightly offside. Another upset in the FA Cup but hopefully this next round is where their journey will stop though :rolleyes:. The good news for them is they will receive a bit more money for progressing to the next round as their game vs us is live on BBC2 Wales too.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    They certainly did albeit slightly offside. Another upset in the FA Cup but hopefully this next round is where their journey will stop though :rolleyes:. The good news for them is they will receive a bit more money for progressing to the next round as their game vs us is live on BBC2 Wales too.
    Should be a cracker and a welcome cash boost for both clubs.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Amazing comeback by Brentford who scored two goals in the last 10 minutes to beat rivals Fulham, the winner coming in the 93rd minute.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.