Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WriterOfWrongs)
    Aw Djokovic got married last Thursday how nice

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Winning Wimbledon, returning to number 1 in the rankings, getting married and expecting his first baby in a couple of months. It's a surprise he hasn't burst with happiness yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Winning Wimbledon, returning to number 1 in the rankings, getting married and expecting his first baby in a couple of months. It's a surprise he hasn't burst with happiness yet!
    I wonder, would he have gotten married as quickly if he hadn't won?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wonder, would he have gotten married as quickly if he hadn't won?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Apparently the wedding was planned for just before Wimbledon but he decided to move it to after to concentrate on the tournament, turned out to be the right decision

ReputationRep:
    Apparently the wedding was planned for just before Wimbledon but he decided to move it to after to concentrate on the tournament, turned out to be the right decision

Yes, seems like it! Well that's nice! i hope they're happy, it's always nice when people get married hehe

ReputationRep:
    Anyone tracking the 17 year old wonderkid Alexander Zverev at the 500 in Hamburg? He's through to the semi's with 2 wins over top 50 players!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1Fan)
    Anyone tracking the 17 year old wonderkid Alexander Zverev at the 500 in Hamburg? He's through to the semi's with 2 wins over top 50 players!
    Yes amazing story. Only weeks ago ago he won a challenger with a WC, I thought that was amazing but this beats that! I haven't seen much of him this week but have before, sure got great potential. It's great to have younger players like him, Thiem and Kyrigios show good form on the ATP tour

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smallguy)
    Yes amazing story. Only weeks ago ago he won a challenger with a WC, I thought that was amazing but this beats that! I haven't seen much of him this week but have before, sure got great potential. It's great to have younger players like him, Thiem and Kyrigios show good form on the ATP tour

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ferrer was too good for him today, but he has nothing to be ashamed of at 17 years old.

It's confirmed he'll be in Umag for the 250 next week as a "special exempt". This kid will move to around 160 in the world on Monday and dare I say could get a main draw wildcard into the US Open???

ReputationRep:
    Will definitely be in qualifying, and is worthy of a WC

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bad news for Nadal with a wrist injury sidelining him from Toronto and Cincinnati. Hopefully he'll be able to make a return for the US Open

ReputationRep:
    Bad news for Nadal with a wrist injury sidelining him from Toronto and Cincinnati. Hopefully he'll be able to make a return for the US Open
    Hope he does. Del Potro has not yet said he won't be there either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)

I would love to see Delpo, it's been too long, definitely been missed during this season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Would be lovely to see him there, it's been ages!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think even if Nadal makes it to USO(which would be great) he probably won't win it carrying an injury and at best will reach semis. I think the best thing for him would be rather than come back too early before injury has fully healed, miss the N. American hard court swing rest recover-will still probably be World number 2- and try and finish the yr strongly.
    I think the favourites for the men for now seem like Djokovic and Murray.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Called it about three weeks ago:

(Original post by Ashnard)
    If you think about it, it's not out of the realms of possibility that Federer could reach another major final. He would still be the favourite when facing any one of Dimitrov, Raonic, or Nishikori. Del Potro is currently out injured and Berdych and Tsonga seem to be in some sort of decline. Murray is out of sorts at the moment (and ranked no. 10) and I'd say that he would have a 50:50 chance against Wawrinka should they meet. Nadal is due for another bout of injury about now and Djokovic is still choke-prone. I still maintain that Wimbledon 2014 was his best chance but I'm just saying that's not impossible that he will get another chance.
    :yawn:

ReputationRep:

All hail psychic tennis god Ashnard

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All hail psychic tennis god Ashnard

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You may sacrifice a bull in my honour. Do not sacrifice GOATs though.

ReputationRep:

Yeah I don't think it's much of a shock when Nadal gets injured as that has been a motif of his career and will only increase in frequency as he ages. Federer will now fancy his chances to bag his first Masters event in a couple of years but Nadal is only one of many obstacles and I fully expect Nadal to be 100% for the US Open. I guess the good thing for Federer is he's no. 3 so if he stays there is unlikely to be drawn in Nadal's half in the US Open

ReputationRep:
    Sad news with Li Na out of the US Open, seems since starting the season so well she's been in decline, hopefully she can come back stronger and get her game back to its best

ReputationRep:
    Probably a federer djokovic final in both the upcoming master series events.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Probably a federer djokovic final in both the upcoming master series events.
    Someone needs to stop Djokovic at the masters he keeps winning all of them!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.