Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaLDN)
    Same here, I think that's too young. I just want to h'enjoy my life and look buff before getting tied down to some Abdi and having 5 kids with big foreheads. I think 26/27 would be my ideal age to get married.
    LOOOOOOL at 5 kids with big foreheads :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I just want to h'enjoy my life and look buff before getting tied down to some Abdi and having 5 kids with big foreheads.
    :rofl: don't be so cruel to your unborn babies.

(Original post by Secretnerd123)
    With a wife as pretty as you, he won't need to i feel like many women let themselves go after marriage. Its actually recommended by the prophet saw to look good for your bae (this word is so ratchet but i cant stop using it lately lol! :lol: )

Looool i meant lool like a cloud. Men like that look far from gentle. They look like they can knock anyone out with a finger bismillah xD

Yup i agree! Speaking of gym, i need to start going myself. I've been eating a lot of junk this summer. Not good at all :nah: im one of those people who cant watch a show without some sort of snack infront me lol
    Aww ahah he'll get a shock when my makeup comes off (not that I wear a lot but my dark circles :eek:)
    I know right..the kids become the priority. That's why I want to wait a bit before thinking about kids aha so we can get to know eachother fully and make him fully fall in love with my personality so that after kids if I look like a monster he would still love me :mmm:

I don't think I'll have a cute nickname for my husband aha I just think it's a bit awkward sounding

Ahah I thought that's what you meant :lol:

I'm the same, I used to go but I stopped for Ramadhan and haven't been back since...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else dreading uni as it comes closer? :afraid:

ME

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkMystryXxX)
    ME
    Yikes. Its your first year too right? Sorry if you've already told me, i forgot

ReputationRep:
    Yikes. Its your first year too right? Sorry if you've already told me, i forgot
    lol yep it is kinda excited but

ReputationRep:
    lol yep it is kinda excited but
    ..?

ReputationRep:
    hey gyals i know peepz from my area (muslims) who got married when they were 16 lol they divorced beacuse none of them could coook am i supposed to find that funny? wahahahah

another quick question have any of you taken GAP years or RETAKEN any years?... how on EARTH did you convince your parents?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hugoalmeida)
    hey gyals i know peepz from my area (muslims) who got married when they were 16 lol they divorced beacuse none of them could coook am i supposed to find that funny? wahahahah

another quick question have any of you taken GAP years or RETAKEN any years?... how on EARTH did you convince your parents?
    Lmao girls should never marry unless they can cook. I heard so many stories like that lol

I just finished my gap year. Believe me it was VERY hard trying to convince my mum but when i told her the fact that i stood a better chance of getting into a russell group uni (and hence higher job prospects) if i did work experience in my gap year, she agreed her main worry was that she thought taking a gap yr would change my mind completely about going uni but i was like hoyo macaan i will def go uni and she was fine. It still took her time to get used to it though but alhamdulillah it worked and i dont regret taking a year out as I've grown a lot as a person

ReputationRep:
    Lmao girls should never marry unless they can cook. I heard so many stories like that lol

I just finished my gap year. Believe me it was VERY hard trying to convince my mum but when i told her the fact that i stood a better chance of getting into a russell group uni (and hence higher job prospects) if i did work experience in my gap year, she agreed her main worry was that she thought taking a gap yr would change my mind completely about going uni but i was like hoyo macaan i will def go uni and she was fine. It still took her time to get used to it though but alhamdulillah it worked and i dont regret taking a year out as I've grown a lot as a person
    haha yeah i know... yh thats really good if it had benefited you as a person and for the future... im not considering a gap year but I want to redo my A2's as i dont want to go to my insurance uni. Did you do exams in your gap year?... school are being idiots and not letting me come back... they think ill stop bugging them...madness is gonna do down!!!
    yh my parents literally said "uni or full time school"... even retaking in full time school they are really critical about!

ReputationRep:
    ..?
    Lol I stopped somewhere wrong that last word was meant to be excited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hugoalmeida)

My sister took a gap year, and my parents did not want her to caus she got into uni and everything but she told them how she wanted to retake some exams and do better. They finally let her, so she revised at home and took her exams externally. She did have lots of free time lool

ReputationRep:
    My sister took a gap year, and my parents did not want her to caus she got into uni and everything but she told them how she wanted to retake some exams and do better. They finally let her, so she revised at home and took her exams externally. She did have lots of free time lool
    One thing i hated about my gap year is too much free time. Its exciting at the start but gets very boring after a while

ReputationRep:
    Same here, I think that's too young. I just want to h'enjoy my life and look buff before getting tied down to some Abdi and having 5 kids with big foreheads. I think 26/27 would be my ideal age to get married.
    I totally agree wallahiiii, I just wanna look good and do me insaAllah. Don't care if that sounds selfish, I just don't wanna be phat and have children afta children none stop.

Two of my friends at the age of 20 got married these past two weeks, masaAllah, but whyyy boo. I feel like crying.

ReputationRep:
    I need to get with a guy that has lived away from his mum, so that he has learned how to cook and clean, and also preferable has no sisters. InsaAllah ya rab. Sister in laws are headaches, I swear, they expect too much from ya.

LOOOOOOOOOOL at a gal shouldn't marry unless she knows how to cook. This just sad mannn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chukkeigh)
    I totally agree wallahiiii, I just wanna look good and do me insaAllah. Don't care if that sounds selfish, I just don't wanna be phat and have children afta children none stop.

Two of my friends at the age of 20 got married these past two weeks, masaAllah, but whyyy boo. I feel like crying.
    Who says you gotta have kids straight away?

(Original post by Chukkeigh)
    I need to get with a guy that has lived away from his mum, so that he has learned how to cook and clean, and also preferable has no sisters. InsaAllah ya rab. Sister in laws are headaches, I swear, they expect too much from ya.

LOOOOOOOOOOL at a gal shouldn't marry unless she knows how to cook. This just sad mannn.
    I agree with the sisters bit. Some Sisters in law are the spawn of the devil lool

ReputationRep:
    Who says you gotta have kids straight away?

I agree with the sisters bit. Some Sisters in law are the spawn of the devil lool
    I never said have kids straight away, I said have kids afta kids afta kids. Read purlease babugal.

yea wallahi, they do mi head in sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else dreading uni as it comes closer? :afraid:

Yeah me xx

ReputationRep:

why so not live.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    Yeah me xx
    Hate this feeling lol. I just dont feel ready but im a little excited too about meeting new people. Gah screw mixed feelings

ReputationRep:
    Just listening to Billie Holiday, she is so brilliant, and Jazz fans here?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.