Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ULawAJ)
    Gonna do my Irwin Mitchell video interview tomorrow, so I'll let people know what it's like.
    How did it go? I'm going to do mine tomorrow! Could you let me know if the questions are more competancy based or about the firm/ commerically based! Thanks and hope your interview went well!

ReputationRep:
    Just got a AC invite to OC, its my first one as well... so nervous!

is it worth showing up early?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra7148)
    Just got a AC invite to OC, its my first one as well... so nervous!

is it worth showing up early?

When is the AC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    How did it go? I'm going to do mine tomorrow! Could you let me know if the questions are more competancy based or about the firm/ commerically based! Thanks and hope your interview went well!
    See my post on the previous page! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post53244235

I'm going for the PLS stream by the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    Ask HR anything unless it is a technical question about law, but I would not recommend even asking a lawyer something like that either.
    Thank you - so is it acceptable to ask how the firm ensures excellence in its training, about seat allocation etc?

Although they may seem general questions - they are things I am genuinely interested in finding out about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    Thank you - so is it acceptable to ask how the firm ensures excellence in its training, about seat allocation etc?

Although they may seem general questions - they are things I am genuinely interested in finding out about
    Of course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey has anyone interviewed with A&O in the last week and heard back? I still haven't heard and not sure what to make of it thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Mishcon post video interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    Ask HR anything unless it is a technical question about law, but I would not recommend even asking a lawyer something like that either.
    Hi, in your experience if a firm takes a long time to get back to you after an interview/AC an indicator that it will be a rejection? I have heard that at some places they make offers within 24 hours.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got Mishcon video interview invite - so happy as after re-reading my application I thought for sure it was a dud!

Really nervous - can anyone give me any insight into what its like? Do you get to practise questions? are they competency based? Any info much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by footchemllab)
    I just got the same invite and was wondering the same thing. Mine's on Monday 9th, what about you?
    I was offered that date - not sure if I can do it though. I would assume it's some form of assessment since it mentions 'getting to know each other' and a critical reasoning test/group exercises. 10 People on an open day is pretty small!

ReputationRep:
    Just got an invite for video interview for Hill Dickinson- just to let you know as I saw a few posts about them in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from irwin mitchell post app for london pls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawStudent30)
    Just got an invite for video interview for Hill Dickinson- just to let you know as I saw a few posts about them in this thread.
    Heya when did you apply and hear? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cp778)
    Heya when did you apply and hear? Thanks
    Hey, I applied on the 16th Jan and heard back just before 5pm today. I applied to the Northern scheme too (not sure if that makes a difference).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ULawAJ)
    Thanks! It went ok, I wouldn't say brilliantly, but ok! I was really nervous and only used half the time for the first question ...

A few things to note are:
    1. You can practice the practice question as many times as you like, and they don't see it. (Question stays the same obviously)
    2. You answer 4 competency questions, you have 15 seconds to read the question before it starts recording
    3. You have two minutes to answer each one, and you can finish answering early by clicking stop
    Ok is better than it going terrible, so don't worry

What do you mean by competency questions? Are they "Give an example when you demonstrated X skill" sort of questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pp93)
    Hi, in your experience if a firm takes a long time to get back to you after an interview/AC an indicator that it will be a rejection? I have heard that at some places they make offers within 24 hours.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't assume anything. It could be because they want to see how the rest of their interviews go, it might be because they don't know how many people they need to recruit, it might be that they are waiting for further information about you (e.g. references etc).

There is no harm in contacting them and asking for an approximate time as to when you will hear back.

But check your junk mail folders first - many people find their "rejection" emails in there....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoneyBee67)
    Has anyone heard from irwin mitchell post app for london pls?
    Hey, some people received video interviews. Have they got in touch with you yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've just received an invitation for a video interview as well. Going to spend the next couple of days getting together some notes but I'm still unsure about it. Do you know if we're going to be asked about the firm or if it's more about ourselves?

Good luck with your interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    Of course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.