Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xyzmaster)
    got an offer for actuarial science

aw good one! Ive applied for actuarial science too but still waiting.

do you mind sharing the strengths and weaknesses in your application portfolio? E.g. Personal statement, grades, work experience subject combo etc.

I think my grades and subject combo will pass, but my work experience was very irrelevant, would that put me under massive disadvantage do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jebrusis)
    Word up got an offer for Philosophy and Economics
    Congratulations!

Did you just receive your offer today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmisra)
    Congratulations!

Did you just receive your offer today?
    does that mean they are still replying?

ReputationRep:
    Just got the 4 week email.

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Social Policy, but I didn't receive the four week email. Is that a good news?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gavgav123)
    Is it just me or is this guy really starting to annoy!

Most people here are in the same boat. Please grow up!

Don't feed the troll.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone report the giant red text posts as it's the only way to get them stopped. Incredibly annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imlisa1996)
    does that mean they are still replying?
    Realllly hoping so

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rkai01)
    Has anyone applied for Stats with Finance?
    I applied for Stats with finance in mid November and am now nearly 4 weeks into the 8 week email. How is your application going? Really don't think I will get an offer though LSE is my first choice, but I don't do further maths so my chances are slim.. My predictions are A*A*A and got AAAA in AS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fi.E)
    I applied for Stats with finance in mid November and am now nearly 4 weeks into the 8 week email. How is your application going? Really don't think I will get an offer though LSE is my first choice, but I don't do further maths so my chances are slim.. My predictions are A*A*A and got AAAA in AS.
    It's f. Maths a stated requirement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gavgav123)
    It's f. Maths a stated requirement?
    No it says "further maths or a science is recommended" and I do Chemistry, Maths and English. So I do meet their recommendations, however I am concerned that most people applying for the course will do f. maths and then they will be preferable. I took an extra module (statistics 2) alongside my A2 modules. Really annoying because i wanted to do further maths but it clashed with another subject.

ReputationRep:
    why are people writing like this now!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    Realllly hoping so

Posted from TSR Mobile
    wouldn't want to get a reply (bad reply) on christmas though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Junnie)
    aw good one! Ive applied for actuarial science too but still waiting.

do you mind sharing the strengths and weaknesses in your application portfolio? E.g. Personal statement, grades, work experience subject combo etc.

I think my grades and subject combo will pass, but my work experience was very irrelevant, would that put me under massive disadvantage do you think?
    This isn't to me but nope they know its hard to get work experience in an insurance company as Ive spoke to them. Im applying and waiting for a reply too, what are your stats

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi.
    I have applied in the 15th of October. After that I started helping kids with rare diseases and experiencing consultancy at Uni level (I'm on my first year but I want to study in the UK). I think I can't add that to my aplication, but I know that I can send extra recomendation letters. Is this too valuable to not mention? I've also applied to Cambridge and I mentioned this on my SAQ and they refered this on my interview, but I think if I only send the letter 2 months later, it might seem a little desperate....What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMRF)
    Hi.
    I have applied in the 15th of October. After that I started helping kids with rare diseases and experiencing consultancy at Uni level (I'm on my first year but I want to study in the UK). I think I can't add that to my aplication, but I know that I can send extra recomendation letters. Is this too valuable to not mention? I've also applied to Cambridge and I mentioned this on my SAQ and they refered this on my interview, but I think if I only send the letter 2 months later, it might seem a little desperate....What do you think?
    I'm just wondering about this too. After applying I got a really good work experience in a top law firm and didn't get to mention it. The lse site says that they don't consider anything that's not part of the original UCAS application so I don't think we can add that kind of stuff :\

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imlisa1996)
    wouldn't want to get a reply (bad reply) on christmas though!
    Ahaha hopefully they're not that cruel What have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    Ahaha hopefully they're not that cruel What have you applied for?
    economics and economic history you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.ManJuJu)
    i.n.t.e.r.n.a.t.i.o.n.a.l (´・ω・`) r.e.l.a.t.i.o.n.s please!!!
    I feel you but tone done that font it's annoying as hell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fi.E)
    No it says "further maths or a science is recommended" and I do Chemistry, Maths and English. So I do meet their recommendations, however I am concerned that most people applying for the course will do f. maths and then they will be preferable. I took an extra module (statistics 2) alongside my A2 modules. Really annoying because i wanted to do further maths but it clashed with another subject.
    If this is mentioned in your reference, then the admissions tutor will take this into account and probably decide to overlook the fact that you didn't do further Maths.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.