Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Hope you hear a response soon and I've sent off CS, DB, HSBC, RBS, ICAP, BlackRock, MS and only plan to do JP Morgan and GS left, then we'll see how they all go, but it's no big deal if I don't get an offer, not many people going for summer have spring weeks anyway.
    where have you heard from?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    where have you heard from?
    Nowhere yet, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    Nowhere yet, how about you?
    couple rejs ,that's it

ReputationRep:
    Hope you hear a response soon and I've sent off CS, DB, HSBC, RBS, ICAP, BlackRock, MS and only plan to do JP Morgan and GS left, then we'll see how they all go, but it's no big deal if I don't get an offer, not many people going for summer have spring weeks anyway.
    How did you apply to blackrock, I can't find anything on their website?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I've decided that after next week I'll be stopping all applications I'm yet to send off. Would only be GS most likely.

ReputationRep:
    I've decided that after next week I'll be stopping all applications I'm yet to send off. Would only be GS most likely.
    my first term apps and extra currics have been ****ing up my academic work badly, really not happy about it

ReputationRep:
    Here's a question for you guys: say if two candidates have exactly the same CV e.g same grades, degree, university, extra curricular, experience. Except one of the candidates has done a SW and can only speak English and the other candidate hasn't done a SW but can speak 2/3 other languages apart from English which they have taught themselves e.g Arabic and mandarin.

Who would you pick?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    my first term apps and extra currics have been ****ing up my academic work badly, really not happy about it
    Tell me about it! I've got so much things currently going on, outside of the applications that it's almost impossible to complete all my work as well! Won't accept losing my first average because of them though, so after next week until exams are over that will be enough for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vorsah)
    Here's a question for you guys: say if two candidates have exactly the same CV e.g same grades, degree, university, extra curricular, experience. Except one of the candidates has done a SW and can only speak English and the other candidate hasn't done a SW but can speak 2/3 other languages apart from English which they have taught themselves e.g Arabic and mandarin.

Who would you pick?
    Second obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noble.)
    Second obviously.
    Why is it so obvious?

ReputationRep:
    Why is it so obvious?
    Because having spent one week's experience in a bank is nowhere near as impressive as knowing (assuming near fluently) two of the most important foreign languages for business, never mind having taught it themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Who has applied to BlackRock?

ReputationRep:

Who would you pick?
    id pick none and bin them for plagiarising each others cvs assuming they are identical.

in all seriousness, second ofc.

ReputationRep:
    The point is.

Who would you pick?

Actually the thing is a bit different if you talk about "who would the banks pick for a summer internship" ?

Because most of the guys from the SW will already have their offer at the end of the spring so they won't even be competing against the offer. The spring isn't really worth something as itself, but the outcome is important.

ReputationRep:
    made a grammar error on my closing section of my cover letter, feel like crying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaGeehkaal)
    made a grammar error on my closing section of my cover letter, feel like crying.
    Yeah, tell me about it... Messed up 1/3 of my apps because of the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    Don't you read like 10000 times your CL guys ?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aionis)
    Definitely not, you just hack through it quickly and then submit it, clearly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aionis)
    I did on my original CL, but when i modified them as I was thinking of a few things that could be changed, I settled for only reading it 3-5 times (in a short amount of time) before sending them off. Huge mistake obviously.

On my last apps I made sure to be very sure of that there weren't any errors though.

ReputationRep:
    If you pass the Barclays assesments what message comes up? Has anyone reached this stage?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.