Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abccba120)
    Yeah that happened to me to! Mine just got sent off last Friday, I was told to choose 4 options first,see how they pan out then add my last choice so mine got sent of with 4 choices. So where are you thinking of applying?
    Bristol,Warwick,Manchester,Bath, UEA or Nottingham.Still a shortlist.Where have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Bristol,Warwick,Manchester,Bath, UEA or Nottingham.Still a shortlist.Where have you applied?
    Nice, I applied to LSE, Bath, Bristol, Birmingham & still deciding on a 5th choice, if I get an offer from Bath I'm going to plump for UCL or Warwick as my final choice cause I really like Bath

ReputationRep:
    First offer just came in yesterday from Queen Mary AAA being sent off 5days ago, it is my fifth choice but still quite please about that aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aso816)
    First offer just came in yesterday from Queen Mary AAA being sent off 5days ago, it is my fifth choice but still quite please about that aha
    Where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Where else did you apply?
    Lse Ucl Warwick Bristol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattEvans)
    I've got my Cambridge interview at Churchill on Saturday, and just wondering whether they are more likely to ask questions based on maths I did last year or have done so far this year so I can focus my preparation. Thanks
    I am also applying to Churchill for Economics and have my interview on Saturday... Even though we are in direct competition, it can't hurt to exchange a few tips!! Did they say you'll be given a "Set of Maths problems in an Economics context"? I suspect it will draw mainly from C3/C4 calculus - but significantly harder. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmirza1996)
    I am also applying to Churchill for Economics and have my interview on Saturday... Even though we are in direct competition, it can't hurt to exchange a few tips!! Did they say you'll be given a "Set of Maths problems in an Economics context"? I suspect it will draw mainly from C3/C4 calculus - but significantly harder. Good Luck!
    I got the part about the maths problems in an economics context in my email as well. I've been going over all the maths I've done in sixth form, but will probably focus on C3 and C4 now. Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to 4 of those unis haha
    Warwick, Bath, Nottingham and uea and I've also applied to York

ReputationRep:
    Oxford, Warwick, Nottingham, Exeter and Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by betrueoriginal)
    Oxford, Warwick, Nottingham, Exeter and Birmingham
    Hi I've applied to Warwick and notts too, have you had any offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    Got an alternative offer from Nottingham for industrial economics! Can anyone shed some light on this course, it is valued? Or would it be a nut so great path to go down, I was considering it as my insurance because offer is AAB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Hi I've applied to Warwick and notts too, have you had any offers yet?
    How was your interview?!

ReputationRep:
    Got an unconditional offer from Birmingham in 4 days if made firm :P But I'll probably use it as an insurance. Now that I got my safe choice I'm thinking of applying to UCL or Warwick, I do not do FM or have it at AS, which one of these unis do you think will care more about FM and which one would you say is the easier one to get an offer from (I know neither of them are 'easy' to get an offer from but you know what I mean)

ReputationRep:
    Got an unconditional offer from Birmingham in 4 days if made firm :P But I'll probably use it as an insurance. Now that I got my safe choice I'm thinking of applying to UCL or Warwick, I do not do FM or have it at AS, which one of these unis do you think will care more about FM and which one would you say is the easier one to get an offer from (I know neither of them are 'easy' to get an offer from but you know what I mean)
    Tbh, I think the only Economics uni that actually genuinely cares about FM is LSE. Don't know about cambridge, but I got an interview for Oxford for no FM. Also, I would say Warwick is 'easier; to get into sole on the basis that UCL is a more interntionally renowned university and it is in the capital therefore lots more students (especially international ones) apply to it.

ReputationRep:
    When do LSE and Warwick tend to give out offers? Still waiting...

ReputationRep:
    Neither. From what I've seen (over the past couple of years or so) UCL is 'easier'. Warwick is pickier on grades, offer is A*AAa or A*AAB whereas UCL is simply A*AA + pass in a 4th subject at AS, which gives the impression that they're after straight As at AS. And generally they take much longer to reply, quite a few more people on this thread currently hold 'offers' from UCL than for Warwick and they tend to be a bit unpredictable. I've seen people get offers from Oxbridge/LSE and not get Warwick whereas it isn't usually the case with UCL.

(Original post by tomixox)
    Tbh, I think the only Economics uni that actually genuinely cares about FM is LSE. Don't know about cambridge, but I got an interview for Oxford for no FM. Also, I would say Warwick is 'easier; to get into sole on the basis that UCL is a more interntionally renowned university and it is in the capital therefore lots more students (especially international ones) apply to it.
    Both Cambridge and LSE genuinely care about FM as stated on their website. Besides, Oxford don't do Economics.

Warwick also has a huge international vibe and attracts plenty of strong applicants. The quality of the course, and reputation (especially for Economics) are more or less the same between them.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an offer from Bristol yet? If so how long did it take for them to reply you after your ucas being sent off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aso816)
    Has anyone got an offer from Bristol yet? If so how long did it take for them to reply you after your ucas being sent off
    A friend has an offer, they got back to him in 2 weeks,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Neither. From what I've seen (over the past couple of years or so) UCL is 'easier'. Warwick is pickier on grades, offer is A*AAa or A*AAB whereas UCL is simply A*AA + pass in a 4th subject at AS, which gives the impression that they're after straight As at AS. And generally they take much longer to reply, quite a few more people on this thread currently hold 'offers' from UCL than for Warwick and they tend to be a bit unpredictable. I've seen people get offers from Oxbridge/LSE and not get Warwick whereas it isn't usually the case with UCL.

Both Cambridge and LSE genuinely care about FM as stated on their website. Besides, Oxford don't do Economics.

Warwick also has a huge international vibe and attracts plenty of strong applicants. The quality of the course, and reputation (especially for Economics) are more or less the same between them.
    Apparently UCL have a more maths based course than Cambridge and I got into UCL without A2 FM or AS FM grades. I am taking AS FM this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Apparently UCL have a more maths best course than Cambridge and I got into UCL without A2 FM or AS FM grades. I am taking AS FM this year.
    Well the fact that you're taking FM AS this year probably helped on the offer

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.