Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunday_morning)
    No, we didn't have to. I was very close to taking music though. I completed my grade 5 music theory earlier this year.

I'm pretty good at maths, although I do struggle with the last few questions, particularly on the calculator paper.

Good luck. What are you doing in the practical?
    Hey, sorry for the slow reply i've been really busy! For the practical we have to hypothesis the affect of photosynthesis on plant growth. We are using bean sprouts and strawberry plants as part of our apparatus

Which instrument do you play? I have completed grade 3 in guitar. How are you with Algebra?
    I have been to two college open days recently, have you been to any?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Violetvirtue)
    Hey all I was just wondering if any of you are english literature pros, and would be willing to offer me a helping hand. I'm finding both comparing poems and my text ( an inspector calls and of mice and men) essays very difficult and they never achieve top bands, even though I put so much effort in them I was just wondering where I am going wrong, and what I need to do to bump up my band
    Thank you
    I got full marks on my Literature CAT too, though I think I'd find it difficult to help without actually seeing some of your work, but you you can ask me any questions you want about it if you need/want to. What kind of marks/bands are you getting at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Canttellyou)
    Yes! This year my school has 30 new teachers, and the ones that I have are so bad at teaching, but they still expect us to do well even if we aren't even being taught properly

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ouch. 30? Did everyone resign or something?? :confused: Hope it gets better

(Original post by tryrevise)
    Yesss

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by SampleX)
    No, no, you're right.

I hate the weather. My SAD kicked in a week ago and I'm already feeling the drag. This is going to be a horrid winter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by vd12345)
    Yeah, that happens alot. People got told off and discriminated by my teacher for getting A's on the GCSE maths exam (my class did maths in year 10)
    -----> Thanks guys for making me feel better about ranting here

Guess I'm just having a bad week and want to blame someone for it . The weather sucks and all... I hate drizzle. It's so pathetic...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    Ouch. 30? Did everyone resign or something?? :confused: Hope it gets better
    Yeah the school got a new head teacher so i assume they didn't like the new management, and I doubt it's going to get better so I'm going elsewhere for sixth form

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The weather sucks and all... I hate drizzle. It's so pathetic...
    My mood has definitely changed since it got cold. Not sure if it was PMS though, but I've been a lot more grumpy recently lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the school got a new head teacher so i assume they didn't like the new management, and I doubt it's going to get better so I'm going elsewhere for sixth form

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bit like my school - we got a new head teacher too! Then there was a sudden influx of new teachers and quite a few of the better teachers left. It was a few years ago now but luckily, I'm only being taught by one new teacher because not many of my teachers were the ones who left. Phew.

Good luck! Hope you enjoy your new sixth form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    My mood has definitely changed since it got cold. Not sure if it was PMS though, but I've been a lot more grumpy recently lol
    I don't mind the cold as much seeing as I'm a winter baby *nods* but gah, raaaain. It's nice when you are inside in the warmth but when you're outside...

(Why are we talking about PMS.... gawd, this is awkward... but haha, I know, i know.... - still good excuse for being moody and horrible to people :P)

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind the cold as much seeing as I'm a winter baby *nods* but gah, raaaain. It's nice when you are inside in the warmth but when you're outside...

(Why are we talking about PMS.... gawd, this is awkward... but haha, I know, i know.... - still good excuse for being moody and horrible to people :P)
    I agree, I love the rain when I'm inside but not when I'm outside. It always seems to start raining as soon as I walk home from the bus stop after school! I always forget my umbrella as well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple-Pixie)
    I agree, I love the rain when I'm inside but not when I'm outside. It always seems to start raining as soon as I walk home from the bus stop after school! I always forget my umbrella as well...
    ME TOO! It always rains when you are leaving school, never when you're just sitting in a classroom.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe its just me but the only different thing for me between year 11 and 10 is that ive started doing more CAs but other than that I havent noticed that big a difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SidTheSloth1)
    Maybe its just me but the only different thing for me between year 11 and 10 is that ive started doing more CAs but other than that I havent noticed that big a difference.
    I don't think anyone else has either, I just have more tests and CA's to prepare for so it's a lot more time consuming.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else have mock exams coming up soon? Mine are in late November.

ReputationRep:
    ME TOO! It always rains when you are leaving school, never when you're just sitting in a classroom.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know, it's so irritating!

ReputationRep:
    When are you guys applying for sixth forms or colleges?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple-Pixie)
    Does anyone else have mock exams coming up soon? Mine are in late November.
    Mine are the first week in December. When do you plan to start revision?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone else has either, I just have more tests and CA's to prepare for so it's a lot more time consuming.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firenze26)
    When are you guys applying for sixth forms or colleges?
    As soon as all my course guides and application forms come through the post, I'll definitely start drafting things. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As soon as all my course guides and application forms come through the post, I'll definitely start drafting things. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm thinking of applying right now since my highlander is weirdly good but my new one's coming up in November so I'm not sure. Although, I did attend an open day today and I might send an application tomorrow but I'm still unsure. Is it too early?

ReputationRep:
    Mine are the first week in December. When do you plan to start revision?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I break up this Friday for half term so I'm going to try and do some revision over half term, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firenze26)
    I'm thinking of applying right now since my highlander is weirdly good but my new one's coming up in November so I'm not sure. Although, I did attend an open day today and I might send an application tomorrow but I'm still unsure. Is it too early?
    I applied for a college in September (I didn't get in though; there are loads of applicants and they decide through a ballot system so I got unlucky) but I haven't applied anywhere else yet. I'll probably just end up staying at my current school's sixth form though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.