?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by James A)
goodness me, I was like two threads behind :laugh:

hey everyone
Hi stranger :hi:

(Original post by rayquaza17)
I'm picking my modules for next year tomorrow. :eek:

Hopefully I get the ones I want and then I won't have to do any statistics next year, the year after, or ever again in my life.
As long as I get the modules I want I'll never have to hear about plants or genetics again :woo: hope you get the modules you want

(Original post by LeaX)
are there any other students struggling to revise lol? at a-level i would be doing 6+ hours everyday for 1-2 months before exams, now i'm at uni and my exams are in 3-4 weeks i'm averaging an hour a day, this is not like me
I'm strugging massively! not helped by the fact I had a deadline on Monday and moving house over Easter :sad: my exams are in a fortnight and I'm terrified yet have so little motivation :sigh:
Psyc_Girl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Bad marks always bring you down :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
lilGem
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Psyc_Girl)
Bad marks always bring you down :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:hugs:
chickenonsteroids
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
ahh so tired. I've been working on an essay and it's interesting but I can't do any justice to the question. I should probably refrain from judging my own work but it's complete rubbish and I don't know what to change bar starting again
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got the essay done in the end thankfully. Now got to start my dissertation...
rayquaza17
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lilGem)

As long as I get the modules I want I'll never have to hear about plants or genetics again :woo: hope you get the modules you want
Thanks, I hope you get yours sorted too!
sliceofcake
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Dissertation bound and beautiful!
snailsareslimy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When you find that one person... :suith:
SecretDuck
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was told that most of the topics I was struggling with will not be in the final exams! :woo: There's still one topic which I need clarifying from the lecturer.
Psyc_Girl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Really lacking motivation to revise
Fortitude
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Keep telling myself that all my exams will be over in a month's time, just really need to get my revision into full swing, a month goes by very quickly anyway :yep: :eek:
Fortitude
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Psyc_Girl)
Really lacking motivation to revise
One thing that I've recently started using, is setting a countdown on my phone for 8, 10 or 15 minutes (or longer depending upon what you're actually doing) and then just working intensively for those minutes. It's called the pomodoro technique and originally I used 20 minutes but I find 8 minutes works better for me as that's hardly anything
shorttstuff
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Bored of revision already

Damn you second year exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by shorttstuff)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Long time!

How are you?
ForestCat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey guys, saw this and thought I'd join in(let me know if I'm in the wrong place).

I was always crap at revising/studying/working at school and was a last minute girl(still am really). And then this year I decided to study graduate entry medicine. Second lot of exams coming up, a incomprehensible amount of stuff to revise and I have zero motivation or energy to do it. Managing to do a bit each day but so far behind.

Before this I did nursing, so I'm used to just going out and doing the job and learning that way. I'm not cut out for intense studying
Posted from TSR Mobile
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ForestCat)
Hey guys, saw this and thought I'd join in(let me know if I'm in the wrong place).

I was always crap at revising/studying/working at school and was a last minute girl(still am really). And then this year I decided to study graduate entry medicine. Second lot of exams coming up, a incomprehensible amount of stuff to revise and I have zero motivation or energy to do it. Managing to do a bit each day but so far behind.

Before this I did nursing, so I'm used to just going out and doing the job and learning that way. I'm not cut out for intense studying
Posted from TSR Mobile
:wavey: Hello Stranger

Nope, you're in the right place :ahee:
arguendo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ForestCat)

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're not alone. For some reason I'm really struggling with motivation to revise for my masters exams; I wasn't at all like this at undergrad

Posted from TSR Mobile
MathsNerd1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by shorttstuff)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know how you feel, there's still 3 weeks left until my exams begin and I just can't be bothered, at least I've sorted out my third year project. I'm doing it on distortion of audio signals by using fourier series.
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MathsNerd1)
I know how you feel, there's still 3 weeks left until my exams begin and I just can't be bothered, at least I've sorted out my third year project. I'm doing it on distortion of audio signals by using fourier series.
THat's quite cool :ahee: PDEs :ahee:
MathsNerd1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Slowbro93)
THat's quite cool :ahee: PDEs :ahee:
Indeed!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (371)
37.29%
No - but I will (75)
7.54%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.04%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (479)
48.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed