Edexcel A2 C3 Mathematics 12th June 2015 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Cpj16
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JayGreen)
I have done most of the c3 papers and to my knowledge factor formulae has never come up (I might be wrong though so dont hold me to that)
What is the factor formula????
Gilo98
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BBeyond)
****ing tell me about it, i'm lit hopeless at it there must be some easy way of doing it i can't visualise ****, especially when im trying to do the arcsin/tan/cos graphs i havent got a clue
its ****ing horrendous - if i cant just sway values in coordinates and 'see' the new shape I'm *******ed. For me its when the original graph goes through y=x; in which case i have no hope
AbubakarB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
how the **** do i reflect in the line y=x this is the hardest thing in c3 for me atm lol
say there's a point (1,0) on the y-axis:
Name:  y=x.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  173.4 KB
draw the line y=x then at every point do a sort of right angle, i hope i made it clear
Viggi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
lol thaaaaaanks!!!!!
paradoxicalme
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ThePrestigeUK)
When its Rcos(x-alpha)

Do we work out alpha the same as Rcos(x+alpha)

I swear in the morning I thought we flip for minus, but now just done an example lost 6 accuracy marks FFS

pls someone help me out
You have to use the formula for cos (x-a) rather than for cos(x+a)
mechanism
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Viggi)
guys just wondering (and panicking!) how much integration do we need to know for this (C3) because Exam solutions doesn't have a section on integration...
I haven't seen an integration paper in C3! They won't be testing us on this, don't worry.
kajo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Freddy-Francis)
June 2014 R paper is disgusting
Just did that paper, even looking at the mark scheme I couldn't work out what I'd done wrong with some of the questions
adorablegirl1202
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
[QUOTE=Maham88;56904893]x/QUOTE]

hey you know for jan 2010 9iib i get the range is greater than 3 but why is it not greater than and equal?
DesignPredator
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No regulations say you can't bring a mirror in
physicalgraffiti
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Does anyone know how to do 9c on last year's C3 paper? I got the maximum value but I have no idea how you work out the minimum.. I don't get how you're supposed to work it out.
BBeyond
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Gilo98)
its ****ing horrendous - if i cant just sway values in coordinates and 'see' the new shape I'm *******ed. For me its when the original graph goes through y=x; in which case i have no hope
dont even im normally already long ****ed before that point, may have to resort to the plotting technique tbh but thats so long
Vesniep
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Gilo98)
thought you'd say that Me too, praying for a ******* of a paper. June 2013 wasn't really that hard for me and 100ums was so low...
oh june 2013 was really good paper.75/75 was not that difficult to achieve no matter how low the 100UMS boundarie was.If only tommorow the paper is more difficult than June 2013. That would be great!
Freddy-Francis
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by avninsa)
Can anyone explain how bii and c are done? Mark scheme isnt helping muchAttachment 425877
is bi) is max value the value of R?
this is when cos(theta + alpha) =1
so R(1) = max
R =max
ii) check the cos graph. look at where it is 1 on the graph

So from the graph. It is max at points 0, 2pie

so make it equal to the equation and solve for both values.

I think. Someone correct me
suyoof123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by DesignPredator)
No regulations say you can't bring a mirror in
Or bring tracing paper
Hudl
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
June 13 R paper help on Q3c anyone ?

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434054380.582274.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  153.8 KB

From 0 - 360 degrees there is only one point where cos is -1 so I though the answer would be -5root2 using the R harmonic trig but it isn't can someone help me as I don't even get how they got the answer to that

Posted from TSR Mobile
frozo123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
omg I think I discovered a new identity!
tantheta=1/tan90-theta
lol
Freddy-Francis
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kajo)
Just did that paper, even looking at the mark scheme I couldn't work out what I'd done wrong with some of the questions
lol. same. Just destroyed my happiness

I was like wtf.

Guys any recommended papers?
Vesniep
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Viggi)
guys just wondering (and panicking!) how much integration do we need to know for this (C3) because Exam solutions doesn't have a section on integration...
Just remember to check your answer with the calculator and everything will be fine.C3 doesn't require something new in integration.
Gilo98
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
dont even im normally already long ****ed before that point, may have to resort to the plotting technique tbh but thats so long
:rofl: hopefully the table function on my calc and some praying tonight will get me through it!! Cant believe some people can just 'see' it - even with a ****ing mirror doing SATS i could never do reflections - the only ones I'm fine with are reflections in the axis when the graph doesn't go through them :mmm:

(Original post by Vesniep)
oh june 2013 was really good paper.75/75 was not that difficult to achieve no matter how low the 100UMS boundarie was.If only tommorow the paper is more difficult than June 2013. That would be great!
ikr, got 70/75 because of the tan Q and not seeing the similar triangles approach to the functions Q (the hardest Q on paper imo). Praying for smoothening similar
adorablegirl1202
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by paradoxicalme)
You have to use the formula for cos (x-a) rather than for cos(x+a)
hey you know for jan 2010 9iib i get the range is greater than 3 but why is it not greater than and equal?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (503)
37.65%
No - but I will (103)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (638)
47.75%

Watched Threads