x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXII watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So much hate for Cavani on here.😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Similar records, except you didn't take his assists into account, let alone the fact that he played in a far superior team.

Giroud was £9m. Mandzukic was £13m for Bayern and £20m+ for Atleti.

Nice try, brah.
    You said goal scoring-stats so assists makes no bearing on it, neither does the side he played for. Mandzukic was €22m according to reliable reports too. Lol at the backpedal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoTelli)
    You said goal scoring-stats so assists makes no bearing on it, neither does the side he played for.
    Of course it does.

Mandzukic was €22m according to reliable reports too. Lol at the backpedal.
    More than double Giroud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yes it would, Ibra is planning on retiring in 2 years, meaning that PSG have to shell big money for a striker to replace him if Cavani is going. Cavani went for around £55M, he will be their first choice striker while he's a 25 goal a season player playing large stints on the left wing. Why would Cavani go for under 50M?

Because ever since he's joined PSG he's been on a slow downhill slope. The guy also turns 29 next season so I just don't see 50m being paid for Cavani the next window (would have made a bit more sense last year or etc). If Ibra does retire in 2 years and they need a replacement Cavani will be 30/31 at that point. Only team I can see paying that much money for Cavani is Man UTD. And if they do pay 50m it'll look similar to the ADM transfer (completely overpriced)

Anyways who's going to replace Ibra and Cavani? Only player I can think of is Lacazette if he lives up to his name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Because ever since he's joined PSG he's been on a slow downhill slope. The guy also turns 29 next season so I just don't see 50m being paid for Cavani the next window (would have made a bit more sense last year or etc). If Ibra does retire in 2 years and they need a replacement Cavani will be 30/31 at that point. Only team I can see paying that much money for Cavani is Man UTD. And if they do pay 50m it'll look similar to the ADM transfer (completely overpriced)

Anyways who's going to replace Ibra and Cavani? Only player I can think of is Lacazette if he lives up to his name
    He's not been on a downhill slope at PSG, he's just been playing out of position and still is getting 25 goals a season from the wing positions.

It's down to need of the vendor to sell and need of the buyer to buy. PSG in no sense of the word need to sell Cavani, while teams likely would want to buy Cavani. There's better value in the market, and if United think he's a better fit than Falcao then good luck to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Of course it does.

More than double Giroud.
    Erm. No it's not? Think you need to revise your conversion rates son... He cost £3m more.

ReputationRep:
    7.45pm kick off on a Monday for the game against United in the cup. Absolutely ridiculous from the FA and the BBC.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    7.45pm kick off on a Monday for the game against United in the cup. Absolutely ridiculous from the FA and the BBC.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Only cause Arsenal aren't used to Monday evening fixtures. It's a "test of Arsenal's FA Cup resolve" or just an excuse to knock them out and send Utd through

ReputationRep:
    Are the BBC taking the p*ss? Monday night 7:45 in Manchester absolute joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    You probably will not go to the match anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarrenBCFC)
    Haha how on earth do you know that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 53SecondsToGo)
    Haha how on earth do you know that?
    Because the overwhelming majority of them are fake plastic fans who have never attended a match

ReputationRep:
    That's besides the point. 9,000 Arsenal fans (and a few thousand United fans) will have to find a way of getting up there on a Monday evening due to ridiculous scheduling.

(Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Completely senseless. Most people finish work at 5pm, earliest train from Euston leaves at 5.20pm and arrives at 7.28pm. Don't know how long it takes to get from Manchester Piccadilly to OT, but without delays, in theory you'd have less than 20 minutes to get to the ground. Not to mention that after 10.30pm there is one train from Piccadilly back to Euston, and it takes 8 hours!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because the overwhelming majority of them are fake plastic fans who have never attended a match
    You can tell that on a forum can you? Impressive..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 53SecondsToGo)
    You can tell that on a forum can you? Impressive..
    I can indeed

ReputationRep:
    Not when Aston Villa and West Brom are right next to each other ffs, their fans could easily make the late night monday game. Not that bothered because i'm not working or going to the game but if i was i'd be pretty damn fuming. Atmosphere would be better on the weekend too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    Not when Aston Villa and West Brom are right next to each other ffs, their fans could easily make the late night monday game. Not that bothered because i'm not working or going to the game but if i was i'd be pretty damn fuming. Atmosphere would be better on the weekend too.
    Well i thought they would have put that one on Monday as Baggies and the Witton Historians hate each other

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Only cause Arsenal aren't used to Monday evening fixtures. It's a "test of Arsenal's FA Cup resolve" or just an excuse to knock them out and send Utd through
    We aren't used to Monday's because we often have to play Tuesday or Wednesday, having said that we play the Wednesday before so it gives an extra day in between so I don't think there's that much to complain about.

Having said that, why have all United's games in the FA cup been on Monday, it's like last year when 80% on Manchester City's games in the PL were on Sundays...

ReputationRep:
    7:45pm on a Monday, ****, not too sure how Heathrow will cope, plus 60,000 united fans and 10,000 Arsenal fans having to make their way up from London to Manchester on a Monday.

At least we don't have a midweek game after

ReputationRep:
    The club probably won't take the maximum allocation since they would have to pay for the unsold tickets, so it's likely to be around 5,000, not 9,000 going up on a Monday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.