Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was also wondering to hit the E if I get a C grade in this exam will that still mean I get a U overall? And what sorts of research methods questions can you get asked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KhanLina)
    I was also wondering since I got less marks enoug to hit the E if I get a C grade in this exam will that still mean I get a U overall? And what sorts of research methods questions can you get asked I'm fed up of them
    you don't get research methods in the next exam, that was unit one which has already been done - it was Monday. the next exam is psychopathology, stress and social influence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.bryan4)
    Hi, was just doing a past paper and the question: "Discuss one or more explanations of why people resist the pressures to conform." (8)

Please could someone help, the only point I could make fully was if people had high internal locus of control. I had absolutely no idea with the evaluations as I don't seem to have been taught any, same if this question came up for obedience, i wouldn't have a clue when evaluating it. So how would you answer this question?
    I know this has been answered multiple times but in a structured plan(very vague):
    A01
    - Dispositional, state what it is (behaviour doesn't change etc.) and that's the LoC
    - Internal LoC is where they believe they can control events which affect them, therefore more independent and resist pressure to conform
    - External LoC where they blame others e.g. luck/people therefore more likely to conform

- Situational, state what is (behaviour does change) and that Asch did this
    - Asch's non conforming role model, one confederate broke the groups majority answer therefore conformity decreases
    - This shows that a role model encourages people to resist conformity
    A02:
    - LoC is unreliable because people have to give forced answers, however Oliner and Oliner support... (as the high LoC acted independently and saved the Jewish)
    - Then a general methodology point of Asch e.g. low ecological validity

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    whats more likely to be the 12 marker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hpiercey3)
    Do we need to know the daily hassles essay or will it always be combined with life changes?
    Daily Hassles won't be a 12 marker on its own but can possibly be a 6/8 marker

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure there is research methods because many people has said to me, they will ask you indirectly I suppose?

ReputationRep:
    Would it be possible to revise everything over the next three days to get an A? if you do no past paper questions?

ReputationRep:
    HELPPPPPP PANICKINGGGGGG !!!!
    How has social influence researchhelped our understanding of social change? (6)

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think the PSYA1 paper was a lot of evaluation? If so do you think they'll be less evaluation in PSYA2 paper and more research methods/research answers?

Also what was with all the big mark questions?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xabsx)
    Daily Hassles won't be a 12 marker on its own but can possibly be a 6/8 marker
    Right okay thanks I will prepare something for it then

One more quick question, for A01 on CBT do you just outline REBT then the ABC model?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if research into conformity (ASCH 1956) pr research into obedience (MILGRAM) has come up as a 12 marker before and if it is likely to??

ReputationRep:
    Guys does anyone have any overall notes for Stress they wouldn't mind sharing?

We got taught psay2 in like 3 weeks and rushed through everything so my notes are really incomplete.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloenew23)
    does anyone know if research into conformity (ASCH 1956) pr research into obedience (MILGRAM) has come up as a 12 marker before and if it is likely to??
    conformity - yes - JUN12

not sure about milgram tho xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dexter-morgan_)
    Guys does anyone have any overall notes for Stress they wouldn't mind sharing?

We got taught psay2 in like 3 weeks and rushed through everything so my notes are really incomplete.
    i'm in the exact situation as you, literally only finished the unit 2 weeks ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xabsx)
    i'm in the exact situation as you, literally only finished the unit 2 weeks ago
    I've actually just found some notes on another forum!

There's one file on stress and the other covers all of unit 2.

They seem detailed so should be of use
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx Psychology Unit 2 Notes.docx (352.9 KB, 121 views)
  2. File Type: docx REVISION NOTES – STRESS.docx (123.2 KB, 134 views)

ReputationRep:
    hi i dont really have time to write a full 6 marks but in simple terms say it occurs through minority influence such as rosa parks , talk about social cyrptoamnesia the 4 behavioural styles commitment confident convincing consistent, moscovici study gamson study and maybe another study if you really wanted sorry it isnt in detail

ReputationRep:
    I think the 12 marker will be on abnormality(behavioural approach or psychological therapies) because last year the 12 marker was from the stress topic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anam)
    I think the 12 marker will be on abnormality(behavioural approach or psychological therapies) because last year the 12 marker was from the stress topic.
    saying that though, the majority of teachers/forums/students said it would be cognitive on the PSYA1 paper and it was developmental, AQA are hard to predict because they like us to struggle...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xabsx)
    saying that though, the majority of teachers/forums/students said it would be cognitive on the PSYA1 paper and it was developmental, AQA are hard to predict because they like us to struggle...
    Hmm yeah true, AQA are so unpredictable so are you going to revise every possible 12 marker then?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the stress study of Brown and Harris and what they found? I have just been told to learn it and can't find anything online.Thank you!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.