Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImNotReallyMe)
    I thought it was ok because the questions were straightforward and particularly those with the long stems didn't have information overload, it didn't seem like they were attempting to catch us out as much

but my 3 friends said it was bad so you're not alone
    I think like Tho some of the marks like they would be like 4 mark or three mark questions and I couldn't like think of loads of marks to write for them if you know what I mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bustamove)
    Doesn't ATPase create ATP? not break it down?
    I didn't do as much revision as I'd liked... I flopped that table
    I may have misread to question... maybe it said what created ATP... well I messed up the very first table XD
    I think ATP synthase makes ATP and ATPase breaks it down
    Might be making that up though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keromedic)
    Wasn't sure if 1:0.45
    Or 2.2:1.

Did latter

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ur right!!!
    I did 2.27 : 1 but i think it would be in the range

ReputationRep:
    for the ratio question I got the ration as 52:118 is that wrong??

ReputationRep:
    early for a mark scheme? hahaha anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by easton500)
    I think ATP synthase makes ATP and ATPase breaks it down
    Might be making that up though
    yea you're correct... I got it wrong... I was contemplating putting ATPase but I was thinking about ATP synthase.. if that makes sense...

ReputationRep:
    For the essay i wrote
    PH, heart rate.
    Temperature
    Rods and cones?
    blood glucose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smoothER)
    I wasn't entirely sure for the first question, I know I got the first one wrong because I put anisotropic band but I think it was actin, then the second I put ATPase, then the third I put troponin instead of tropomyosin but it should be tropomyosin right? Oh dear
    Hahah!! I wrote down troponin but had no clue what it was so i changed to tropomyosin. Lucky

ReputationRep:
    I thought last years was easier... This one had too much to read and too much to interpret.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't ATPase create ATP? not break it down?
    I didn't do as much revision as I'd liked... I flopped that table
    I may have misread to question... maybe it said what created ATP... well I messed up the very first table XD
    I was thinking of Phosphocreatine or something (PCr?) for that question, but I couldn't remember the name at the time so I didn't write it. No idea if it's right or not, but I think it's related to energy in muscle contraction.

ReputationRep:
    Did everyone do the reserve paper? Was the reserve or normal paper easier?
    And how are htey going to do the brade boundaries if somepeople did two different papers?
    I found it better than expected, i did the reserve!

ReputationRep:
    I did 10a).. spoke about

-Stimulus.. (I described reflex arc but I forgot to state reflexes? would I be penalised? I just said organisms respond to stimuli? ahh im a idiot)
    Gave an example when humans touch something hot..

-Kensis and taxes of organisms,
    kenesis responses to external temp
    Taxes response to sunlight

(I forgot to talk about tropism, even though I wrote it in my plan)

-Ectotherms, endotherms.. how mammals increase heat when body temp is low (e.g. shivering)

-Homeostasis bull ****.. I waffelled about blood PH level... If high conc in C02, more CO2 breathed in so decreases blood PH, causes enzymes denature... counteracts by increase in respiration

-Natural selection and speciation.. (This is probably wrong, but I just said that this must take place for a species to adapt and survive to changes in the external environment? described speciation LOL)
    Being cheeky here.. I probably didn't get marks for this point... but hey.. One tends to BS alot in exams....

How many marks do you think I'll get? I may flopped a little...what did you guys write?
    I wrote like yours.
    Mainly internal body though.
    -enzymes and action
    -homeostasis ****t
    -blood glucose
    -acidity
    -pressure
    -oxygen partial pressure from unit 2 hahah
    And oestrous dunno why.

ReputationRep:
    whos done second essay ??

ReputationRep:
    HI id did the second essay about humans controlling growth/reproduction development of organisms, just wondering if these are irrelevant/not answering the question? Thanks
    Intensive farming
    Preventing succession
    Tumour suppressor cells/chemotherapy to prevent/treat spread of cancer etc
    Using bacteria (cloning etc after making recombinant DNA) and altering adenovirus making it harmless to stop replication to treat cystic fibrosis?
    Feel i got a bit waffley and irrelevant, had no idea what to put for first or second essay? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I wrote so much random stuff for the first essay question:
    -Blood glucose
    -Haemoglobin-bohr effect
    -Transpiration, gas exchange in plants
    -Selection/ global warming
    -Antibiotic resistance and bacteria

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananainpyjamas)
    And how are htey going to do the brade boundaries if somepeople did two different papers?
    Everyone did the same paper BIOL5R

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Everyone did the reserve paper due to the possibility of the other being leaked and also it isn't fair for some to do one and other to do another.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone did reserve, the people saying they had a protein essay were doing Human Biology I think as that had that essay on it. If some had the original it would render their marks void as the original papers were sold on eBay or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IIXIIOIIXII)
    ssane D

same for the untruthful bit but for the second reason I put about parents might not answer the question properly?? Ohh well nice paper though not that much genetics in it suprisingly
    I loved the gel electro question.
    Did u talk about parent being homozygous recessive/dominant
    And offspring hetrozygous and then i talked about about why the R was further then r

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by admmt)
    whos done second essay ??
    I have.
    I mentioned domestic rearing, In vitro replication, the proof that DNA is hereditary material and other stuff

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.