Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPencil)
    BristoI and Bath are both taking a very long time to reply to me, I sent my application off late October and nothing, (offer wise) anyone else? (Math applicant by the way)
    Both get thousands of applications for all their STEM courses. It takes time to assess them ALL properly (rather than making an instant decision based purely on grades). Be patient - its worth the wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluebells60)
    It's possible but it depends on the uni...the fact you have your results may mean it will be fine because you can't do anymore after getting results...so they may change it like they did me although it was a different uni for me...good luck let me know how it goes..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I applied to the same uni a year ago and they offered me a place with a grade below entry standards i just decided not to go, so i hope so, thanks for your help and I will , i am getting in contact with the course director soon

Tom

ReputationRep:
    It's possible but it depends on the uni...the fact you have your results may mean it will be fine because you can't do anymore after getting results...so they may change it like they did me although it was a different uni for me...good luck let me know how it goes..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They made a mistake and have now made me an unconditional offer
    Tom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom Chapman)
    They made a mistake and have now made me an unconditional offer
    Tom
    Well done! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well done! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    For me, the quickest was Loughborough who gave me an offer pretty much the next day and the slowest has been Exeter.. i have 4/5 offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    Has anyone heard from Hertfordshire because I have applied a while back and still haven't heard anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi! What are you looking to study? I applied 2 weeks today and I've still not heard anything yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabbynutley98)
    Bath spa??
    Hi! What are you looking to study? I heard from Bath Spa after a week of applying...when did you send your application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mollsmae)
    Hi! What are you looking to study? I heard from Bath Spa after a week of applying...when did you send your application?
    It was for religious studies and education I got it yesterday after 3 weeks! What did you apply for? ☺️

ReputationRep:
    It was for religious studies and education I got it yesterday after 3 weeks! What did you apply for? ☺️
    Oo I applied for education! what other universities have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    Oo I applied for education! what other universities have you applied to?
    Oh how funny! And bath spa is my insurance Kent is my firm you?

ReputationRep:
    Oh how funny! And bath spa is my insurance Kent is my firm you?
    I've not heard back from everywhere yet, but Winchester's my firm and i'm yet to choose my insurance!

ReputationRep:
    Applied to Surrey, Southampton, Exeter, Kent and Royal Holloway on 4th of December. Got an offer from Royal Holloway on the 10th and was told it was unconditional on the 11th Will hopefully hear back from the others soon!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else received a message from Kent asking for additional info? Previous grades and an academic reference etc. Although my application is a transfer just wondering if this is a positive thing or not haha.

ReputationRep:
    I've not heard back from everywhere yet, but Winchester's my firm and i'm yet to choose my insurance!
    Ah right,Winchester was nearly my insurance but I decided bath was it instead!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superfinfin)
    How fast are St Andrews, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Strathclyde? Anyone heard back from them? If so, how long did they take to get back to you?

My friend applied to Physics courses and heard back (unconditional offers) from Strathclyde and Heriot-Watt within a week.
    My friend got a Strathclyde offer within a week but I haven't heard anything yet. What did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Leeds sent me an offer a week after applying, so they are relatively quick.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! What are you looking to study? I applied 2 weeks today and I've still not heard anything yet
    Hey, I applied to the pharmacy course, what about you ? and I have applied in late October, and they have only sent they want to arrange an interview and didn't mention exactly when, since then, I haven't heard anything at all. I sent them an email asking them about the interview and they replied that they're really busy and that I'll hear a reply soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    Hey, I applied to the pharmacy course, what about you ? and I have applied in late October, and they have only sent they want to arrange an interview and didn't mention exactly when, since then, I haven't heard anything at all. I sent them an email asking them about the interview and they replied that they're really busy and that I'll hear a reply soon!
    I got an offer today! I've applied for Education Studies and I sent my application 2nd December

ReputationRep:
    When you have been rejected from a choice, do they normally email you a reason why or do you have to ask for feedback?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.