Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thugnificent.)
    This is our best chance at winning the league in many years. We must take advantage of the top teams struggling.
    I agree that we have a great shot and need to capitalise.

Thing is, it seems like we hear the 'this might be Arsenal's only shot in a long time since X/Y/Z will be way stronger next season' routine every season.

My theory is that we'll have multiple seasons over the next few years where we have a shot to win. Pundits like Carra always say alarmist things like 'Chelsea will spend big, fix their squad and be right up there next season' like that's some guaranteed truth and like Arsenal can't improve. I reckon Sky gets them to say these things to create a more entertaining narrative.

ReputationRep:
    We surely can't play the same team against Bournemouth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thugnificent.)
    This is our best chance at winning the league in many years. We must take advantage of the top teams struggling.

I say if we are top of the league by the time MSN come to the emirates I reckon we start maybe a handle full of first team and the bench players/reserve. We have no chance at competing in the champions league this year.

Even if we are 2pts or even 3 pts away from the top by then, I still reckon we should focus on the league
    Rah, you're still alive.

Long time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    We surely can't play the same team against Bournemouth
    I expect Ox, Gibbs and Gabby to come in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dairychocolate)
    I agree that we have a great shot and need to capitalise.

Thing is, it seems like we hear the 'this might be Arsenal's only shot in a long time since X/Y/Z will be way stronger next season' routine every season.

My theory is that we'll have multiple seasons over the next few years where we have a shot to win. Pundits like Carra always say alarmist things like 'Chelsea will spend big, fix their squad and be right up there next season' like that's some guaranteed truth and like Arsenal can't improve. I reckon Sky gets them to say these things to create a more entertaining narrative.
    The two statements (Chelsea spending 150M and Arsenal improving their performances next season) are not mutually exclusive...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    The two statements (Chelsea spending 150M and Arsenal improving their performances next season) are not mutually exclusive...
    I know.

My point is that these guys just assume that everyone else will get way better next season (which is rarely ever true) and often imply that Arsenal will remain the same. It's always the same 'I don't see another opportunity like this for them in the future'...until 1 or 2 seasons later.

ReputationRep:
    Carragher is a complete and utter mug tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.x.Gotze)
    Carragher is a complete and utter mug tbh.
    100%

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Opportunity to go top but we're away at a place where we've historically struggled. I'm acc proper nervous rn. Being in the title race adds a lot of suspense.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't been watching cause of the eastenders special x

How are we so far

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

How are we so far

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We're okay.

Ramsey played a fantastic reverse ball.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

How are we so far

Posted from TSR Mobile
    awfuk

was watching it last night

havent watched it for years.

what exactly did Bobby Beale do?! Kill Lucy? Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    awfuk

was watching it last night

havent watched it for years.

what exactly did Bobby Beale do?! Kill Lucy? Why?
    He's very much one of those white kids that'd go around shooting up schools . That and he looks like a devil spawn

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow, what a goal

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why do we keep conceding these ridiculous goals?

Always an OG, **** goal or something ridiculous like that.

ReputationRep:
    Superb!!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Ouch.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger turns to Bould..

ReputationRep:
    Also, Cech is a complete fraud ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing can be done there, top goal

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.