The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Doesn't fit any of my requirements damn it

Why ever not?
Original post by Lúcio
Pellegrini with a trophy and CL semi final in his last season. Why is he leaving again?

Because he's 4th with the best squad in the league
Original post by zKlown
Ben Affleck >>> Zayn Malik

Thoughts @difeo @WhateverAccountDepletedIsOn

Thoughts @Dirtybit

Face:
Ben 8
Zayn 9.5

Body/height:
Ben 9
Zayn 5

Talent:
Ben 8
Zayn 5

Final score:
Ben 8.3
Zayn 6.5

Agreed
Need to buy an Amazon item for £2 to take my basket up to £20 for free delivery. Any ideas?

MP3s. Whack a couple of tunes in there.
Need to buy an Amazon item for £2 to take my basket up to £20 for free delivery. Any ideas?

They were selling 60 Freddos for £1.39 the other day. Get two bags.

Moam's cost 30p here now too
Original post by Lúcio
Pellegrini with a trophy and CL semi final in his last season. Why is he leaving again?

would take him at arsenal..

Maybe he isn't quite flashy or ruthless enough for clubs who expect instant success/constant winning, with big money.. but his reccord at lower clubs is outstanding..

Villereal - CL semi final.. 2nd in la liga..
Madrid - highest points total ever, fired for mohriniho after 1 year
Malaga - qualified for CL, made it to the QF, only to be knocked out in stoppage time by dortmund
Man city - League cup x2 , PL champion, CL semi final

His comments about madrid, and disliking how they only buy top players, rather then building a team.. seems like it would fit well with arsenal.. the only problem is his age, he is barely younger then wenger, so if wenger is to retire then maybe he is a bit old too..

Though my guess is he will end up at PSG
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by fallen_acorns
would take him at arsenal..

Maybe he isn't quite flashy or ruthless enough for clubs who expect instant success/constant winning, with big money.. but his reccord at lower clubs is outstanding..

Villereal - CL semi final.. 2nd in la liga..
Madrid - highest points total ever, fired for mohriniho after 1 year
Malaga - qualified for CL, made it to the QF, only to be knocked out in stoppage time by dortmund
Man city - League cup x2 , PL champion, CL semi final

His comments about madrid, and disliking how they only buy top players, rather then building a team.. seems like it would fit well with arsenal.. the only problem is his age, he is barely younger then wenger, so if wenger is to retire then maybe he is a bit old too..

No one wants Wenger out because of his age, people want him out because he is a sh*t manager.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
No one wants Wenger out because of his age, people want him out because he is a sh*t manager.

Wouldnt quite go as far as '****' - just not good enough for the top.

He would still do a great job at a mid-tier/aspiring top4 club. He would be in heaven with all that lack of resources and reduced expectations.. licking his frugal lips.

Age is a very low priority concern, but its still one that exists.. if you are offered the perfect candidate, age 62, or age 52 - youd take the 52, given everything else is the same.. just due to their potential longevity, (although maybe thats gone.. considering we are the last club in the league to have a manager for a long time now)

Pelle is chillian though - so maybe he could have a good bond with sanchez.. get the best out of him.
Been a 4 months now since we decided to up our business to full-time, and quit our jobs..

Rewards are coming in nicely though.. plenty of contracts at the moment, a new marketting campaign coming soon for our local area.. and exploring the possibility of hiring our first employee...

All about that quick progress after you graduate.. not getting stagnant.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by fallen_acorns
Been a 4 months now since we decided to up our business to full-time, and quit are jobs..

Rewards are coming in nicely though.. plenty of contracts at the moment, a new marketting campaign coming soon for our local area.. and exploring the possibility of hiring our first employee...

All about that quick progress after you graduate.. not getting stagnant.

Definitely easy to get into a routine in life once you have a job.
Reply 1853
(edited 8 years ago)
Anybody bought tickets at City and knows how it works? Going to get them for the CL semi. Still pissed at myself for missing out on the Messi masterpiece last year.
Original post by Parties in LA
Anybody bought tickets at City and knows how it works? Going to get them for the CL semi. Still pissed at myself for missing out on the Messi masterpiece last year.

You'll get them GS if you're quick. A lot of them were unhappy with ticket prices for PSG and they went on GS so can't see it being different here.
Original post by Wilfred Little
You'll get them GS if you're quick. A lot of them were unhappy with ticket prices for PSG and they went on GS so can't see it being different here.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping for. City have never sold out in Europe so it shouldn't be too difficult. They only got 45k to see barce****inglona last year.
Reply 1857
Yeah that's what I'm hoping for. City have never sold out in Europe so it shouldn't be too difficult. They only got 45k to see barce****inglona last year.

Interesting. Going to Manchester and watching them is a potential motive. Think it might be tough now since it's the semi final though.

The success is clearly wasted on them. The owners would have been treated like Gods in Newcastle for winning a poxy league cup.

How much are you expecting to pay for a ticket?
Original post by Wilfred Little
The success is clearly wasted on them. The owners would have been treated like Gods in Newcastle for winning a poxy league cup.

How much are you expecting to pay for a ticket?

A lad on a Liverpool forum got an adult one for £40. I know that they give out free tickets for student games to the local unis, will ask my mate there if it's applicable to this game (you'd think not but there were hundreds of tickets given to the unis for the games against Juve ffs).

It's £20ish return train from where I am, so adding up food makes it something like 75 to see Barca, Bayern or Madrid, not bad.

Latest