Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The OFFICIAL 'EU Referendum Results ALL NIGHTER' Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    The reason they're even in existence is because of investment from other EU countries.... we can't really afford to build our own aircraft or are unwilling to do so
    Unwilling to, as a result of the pressure to have a European project, that was a giant waste of money, and we would have been much better of designing and building our own, or buying from the US, France, or even Japan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    Unwilling to, as a result of the pressure to have a European project, that was a giant waste of money, and we would have been much better of designing and building our own, or buying from the US, France, or even Japan.
    Ridiculous, we just wanted to save money. That's it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aceadria)
    British stocks, here I come!
    Might be a plan. FTSE100 futures are down over 9.5%

ReputationRep:
    Ridiculous, we just wanted to save money! That's it
    But it didn't save money, that was the problem! The project was hit with delays and added costs, the French were not stupid and walked away, and as a result have an exportable highly rated French built aircraft.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)
    Might be a plan. FTSE100 futures are down over 9.5%

Gold soaring - expecting a good day for Switzerland.

ReputationRep:
    Ridiculous, we just wanted to save money! That's it
    He is seriously underestimating the cost of modern day defense project.Even the Americans cant sustain the F35 by themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Do you not realise how much money it takes to develop a jet ?
    Look at the French and their Dassault Rafale,it costing them a leg to support it.Even America is struggling with the costs of developing modern day fighter jets,one of the reasons for the collaboration in the F35 lightening 2 fighter jet.
    <--------- Dassault Rafale Thing of beauty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aceadria)
    Gold soaring - expecting a good day for Switzerland.
    Absolutely!
    Up 5.5% already

ReputationRep:
    Nicola Sturgeon: "Scotland sees it's future as part of the EU"
    Uh oh. Well done. Bye bye UK
    Believe in Britain mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm going to call this as a gigantic mistake. Would be happy to be wrong.

Not just for UK, our economy, our laws, our politics, our future. But this will have serious ramifications for the rest of Europe too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    Believe in Britain mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I don't think so. This is a step too far

ReputationRep:
    <--------- Dassault Rafale Thing of beauty
    Ive just realised thats your profile picture.Yes,its a beautiful and very effective jet,but its very expensive for the French to maintain.The french arent doing anything like it again by themselves.The French can only really support the Dassault Rafale due to exports.

ReputationRep:
    I had £10 on this. Tripled my money, Ayyyyyy.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    He is seriously underestimating the cost of modern day defense project.Even the Americans cant sustain the F35 by themselves.
    The price of that thing is scheduled to go into the TRILLIONS. I mean.... what???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Ive just realised thats your profile picture.Yes,its a beautiful and very effective jet,but its very expensive for the French to maintain.The french arent doing anything like it again by themselves.The French can only really support the Dassault Rafale due to exports.
    Yeah, they've sold a lot of them to middle eastern countries and India too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llewellyn)
    Not just for UK, our economy, our laws, our politics, our future. But this will have serious ramifications for the rest of Europe too.
    Yes, it's terrible. It might actually free the populations of other countries to actually take back their sovereignty from an unpopular, unelected and unaccountable oligarchich project :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    To be honest China are producing Motorbikes that match the same quality as Japaneese and they can produce them for like 20% the cost and still make a profit.

Getting myself a Sinnis Apache 125cc to commute to work and back. Far cheaper than a YBR125.

ReputationRep:
    The price of that thing is scheduled to go into the TRILLIONS. I mean.... what???
    I know.Its ridicolous.Price of ships are reaching hundreds of millions ,and aircraft carriers are now these days more than 1 billion a piece.The idea Britain will be able to support its defense industry on its own is delusional.Our budget doesnt stretch far enough.At this rate,British armed forces and other militarities willl demobilise themselves via expensive equipment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    I know.Its ridicolous.Price of ships are reaching hundreds of millions ,and aircraft carriers are now these days more than 1 billion a piece.The idea Britain will be able to support its defense industry on its own is delusional.Our budget doesnt stretch far enough.At this rate,British armed forces and other militarities willl demobilise themselves via expensive equipment.
    We'll have to downsize I think

ReputationRep:
    Good! lets downsize our millitary.

No more wars!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.