Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK! watch

• View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.00%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    45.60%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    21.40%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Yea I think you're right. I'll probably still power up my Vileplume to 2000 too since there is such an abundance of water types. Psychic types don't have enough strength which is a shame. Alakazam was awesome in the original games.

Woo nice work! Not many left now then?

Going up north to my parents this weekend who live in the middle of nowhere but it does look like there is a kabuto nest near them so I'm pretty sure I can get my Kabutops this weekend. Hoping FPM doesn't go down in that time - someone leaked information which may make it a lot easier for Niatic to apply a fix to it..
    I'm surprised you have all 3 near 2000 tbh, I evolved my highest Bellsprout and Oddish today (617 and 733 CP) and got a 1400 Victreebell and a 1600 Vileplume, they'd take quite a bit of powering up to get near 2000! Any my Venusaur is only 1500 or so too. I do have a 2200 Exeggutor with Solar Beam though, so I don't really need any other Grass Pokemon I guess.

I got my Pikachu candy to 50 today and hatched a Bellsprout! It was lucky as **** to hatch the exact Pokemon I needed, but after so many hatches without anything useful I think it was deserved . So I evolved my Pokemon (used a lucky egg for a nice 70k xp) and added Victreebell, Golem, Raichu and Vileplume to my Pokedex. Currently on 141 Pokemon and only need Muk and Omastar to complete the set. Made Grimer my buddy so I'm hoping to get a few candies as I'm going out later. Might go for some walks over the weekend (though I have **** tonnes of work to do...) to get some candies too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    I'm surprised you have all 3 near 2000 tbh, I evolved my highest Bellsprout and Oddish today (617 and 733 CP) and got a 1400 Victreebell and a 1600 Vileplume, they'd take quite a bit of powering up to get near 2000! Any my Venusaur is only 1500 or so too. I do have a 2200 Exeggutor with Solar Beam though, so I don't really need any other Grass Pokemon I guess.

I got my Pikachu candy to 50 today and hatched a Bellsprout! It was lucky as **** to hatch the exact Pokemon I needed, but after so many hatches without anything useful I think it was deserved . So I evolved my Pokemon (used a lucky egg for a nice 70k xp) and added Victreebell, Golem, Raichu and Vileplume to my Pokedex. Currently on 141 Pokemon and only need Muk and Omastar to complete the set. Made Grimer my buddy so I'm hoping to get a few candies as I'm going out later. Might go for some walks over the weekend (though I have **** tonnes of work to do...) to get some candies too.
    Yea I spent a lot on Victreebel and Vileplume to power up. Caught an awesome Bulbasaur which was like 810 CP and 91% which powered to close to 2k so didn't have to do much to that.

Haha nice! Very jealous. Maybe head to Caledonian Park and wander in circles to knock off both pokemon?

I haven't made any progress last couple of days. Slowly getting a few more dratini candies but that's about it Not sure where anymore nests are.

Still getting uber lucky with 10km eggs - picked up my 8th! 5 have been hatched (Snorlax, Pinsir, Eevee, Aerodactyl and Eevee) but having 3 more gives me hope for a Chansey..

ReputationRep:
    Ok guys, hatched a Machop today and gained a nice 42 extra candy.
    Now, I have 2 Machops both with 88% IVs but the spread is the following;

Machop 1:
    CP: 612
    Attack: 15
    Defence: 15
    Stamina: 10

Machop 2:
    CP: 606
    Attack: 14
    Defence: 11
    HP: 15

Which to evolve assuming I don't get a better one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Ok guys, hatched a Machop today and gained a nice 42 extra candy.
    Now, I have 2 Machops both with 88% IVs but the spread is the following;

Machop 1:
    CP: 612
    Attack: 15
    Defence: 15
    Stamina: 10

Machop 2:
    CP: 606
    Attack: 14
    Defence: 11
    HP: 15

Which to evolve assuming I don't get a better one?
    I don't think it massively matters. I was comparing some Dratini's earlier and despite one being 82% and the other being 72%, if I evolved to Dragonite and powered to level 28, there was only 30 CP difference between them..

I'd go for the first one based on very little logic.

So got my dugtrio today so another one ticked off. Annoyingly, my 10kms produced a Magmar and Onyx

ReputationRep:
    I think I've caught every Cubone in the world today.

336/400 on the way to Gyarados.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Meowth and cubone seem super common now, even in the small town near me in the middle of nowhere there seems to be one or the other every hundred yards

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yea I spent a lot on Victreebel and Vileplume to power up. Caught an awesome Bulbasaur which was like 810 CP and 91% which powered to close to 2k so didn't have to do much to that.

Haha nice! Very jealous. Maybe head to Caledonian Park and wander in circles to knock off both pokemon?

I haven't made any progress last couple of days. Slowly getting a few more dratini candies but that's about it Not sure where anymore nests are.

Still getting uber lucky with 10km eggs - picked up my 8th! 5 have been hatched (Snorlax, Pinsir, Eevee, Aerodactyl and Eevee) but having 3 more gives me hope for a Chansey..
    That's one of the benefits of evolving your starter Pokemon later on in the game, you caught your Bulbasaur at 810 CP whereas the max CP when I evolved mine was around 600, which explains the massive difference in CP after 2 evolutions.

I could head there and walk in circles, it definitely sounds like a plan! Had a meeting today with my supervisor and now I have even more work than expected in the next few months so things are going to be pretty tight. Unsure if I'll have time to walk around or even play the game tbh.

Dratini nests no longer exist in POGO. They did originally, but the developers saw that some people were getting 2-3 Dragonites extremely easily while others had no chance at all, so they removed them during the first nest change. There may be some small nests were 2 or 3 spawn occasionally, but I caught 90% of mine from walking up and down the Thames tbh (I also caught 300+ Magikarp while I was doing it ).

The only hope for a Chansey is pure luck to be honest. There are no nests that I'm aware of, so good luck!

(Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Meowth and cubone seem super common now, even in the small town near me in the middle of nowhere there seems to be one or the other every hundred yards

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's part of the Halloween event .

ReputationRep:
    Guys, am only a couple of days away from being able to buy an upgrade but am now wondering, should I start to give my Pokemon storage a boost or continue with my bag?

If I upgrade my bag, I can hold 500 items. But have never increased Pokemon storage.

Thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's one of the benefits of evolving your starter Pokemon later on in the game, you caught your Bulbasaur at 810 CP whereas the max CP when I evolved mine was around 600, which explains the massive difference in CP after 2 evolutions.

I could head there and walk in circles, it definitely sounds like a plan! Had a meeting today with my supervisor and now I have even more work than expected in the next few months so things are going to be pretty tight. Unsure if I'll have time to walk around or even play the game tbh.

Dratini nests no longer exist in POGO. They did originally, but the developers saw that some people were getting 2-3 Dragonites extremely easily while others had no chance at all, so they removed them during the first nest change. There may be some small nests were 2 or 3 spawn occasionally, but I caught 90% of mine from walking up and down the Thames tbh (I also caught 300+ Magikarp while I was doing it ).

The only hope for a Chansey is pure luck to be honest. There are no nests that I'm aware of, so good luck!

It's part of the Halloween event .
    Well most people evolve pokemon at level 20 since that is the cap for eggs and have the best IVs. There's a chart which shows that egg hatches are mostly around 70-90% IV wheres in the wild they are more around 50-70% IV. I just got very very lucky with that Bulbasaur.

You get 2-3 spawns every 20 mins so it probably wouldn't take you long. Ugh FPM seems to be down again. Wanted to go to this local park for Kabuto but wandering blind might be useless.

I'm on 96 candies for Dratini so I can evolve a poor Dragonair to add to my pokedex but I'll probably wait until I've picked up the others that I need..

I may have to just wait for the nests to change again. Not sure how else to pick up 60+ machop candies.

Guys, am only a couple of days away from being able to buy an upgrade but am now wondering, should I start to give my Pokemon storage a boost or continue with my bag?

If I upgrade my bag, I can hold 500 items. But have never increased Pokemon storage.

Thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Depends what you use more I guess? My bag storage is still 350 since I find so many pokestops so never been bothered about deleting tons of items. I did one storage upgrade because I'm trying to keep one of every pokemon and so having a ton of pokemon for evolutions meant 250 wasn't enough.

ReputationRep:

Thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Personally I've never felt the need to upgrade the Pokemon storage because I have never even hit the 200 mark (though I think that will happen soon) but if you find yourself constantly needing more space for Pokemon then it is probably worth it. I can testify that the bag upgrades are definitely worthwhile, being able to carry twice as many Pokeballs and Revives/Potions is super, super useful.

Well most people evolve pokemon at level 20 since that is the cap for eggs and have the best IVs. There's a chart which shows that egg hatches are mostly around 70-90% IV wheres in the wild they are more around 50-70% IV. I just got very very lucky with that Bulbasaur.

You get 2-3 spawns every 20 mins so it probably wouldn't take you long. Ugh FPM seems to be down again. Wanted to go to this local park for Kabuto but wandering blind might be useless.

I'm on 96 candies for Dratini so I can evolve a poor Dragonair to add to my pokedex but I'll probably wait until I've picked up the others that I need..

I may have to just wait for the nests to change again. Not sure how else to pick up 60+ machop candies.
    I'm already on 25 Omanyte candies (I think) so I'd only need to catch 4 of them during the event, it might be worth doing. I might go on Monday since my morning lectures appear to be cancelled.

Yeah, the wait between 100 candies and 125 seems extra long because you know you could evolve one if you wanted but you have to be strong and wait it out .

ReputationRep:
    Personally I've never felt the need to upgrade the Pokemon storage because I have never even hit the 200 mark (though I think that will happen soon) but if you find yourself constantly needing more space for Pokemon then it is probably worth it. I can testify that the bag upgrades are definitely worthwhile, being able to carry twice as many Pokeballs and Revives/Potions is super, super useful.

I'm already on 25 Omanyte candies (I think) so I'd only need to catch 4 of them during the event, it might be worth doing. I might go on Monday since my morning lectures appear to be cancelled.

Yeah, the wait between 100 candies and 125 seems extra long because you know you could evolve one if you wanted but you have to be strong and wait it out .
    The evolution time got reduced so you can managed around 75-80 evolutions now.

Well I wasted 25 candies evolving into a Dragonair ages ago. Def regret it now since have 96 candies <_<

ReputationRep:
    Guys, am thinking of going into town today to use my incense (around the river in Bristol City Centre) to look for Magikarp and Dratini given I don't have any immediate deadlines (at least not for a couple of weeks) I can actually spend a bit of time doing what I want (at least for a couple of hours) and so, was wondering if I was to use my incense and my Lure Module, would it just bring in a load of Gastly and crap or something actually useful given I have now exceeded 300 Gastly candy...

ReputationRep:
    Guys, am thinking of going into town today to use my incense (around the river in Bristol City Centre) to look for Magikarp and Dratini given I don't have any immediate deadlines (at least not for a couple of weeks) I can actually spend a bit of time doing what I want (at least for a couple of hours) and so, was wondering if I was to use my incense and my Lure Module, would it just bring in a load of Gastly and crap or something actually useful given I have now exceeded 300 Gastly candy...
    No one has really worked it out. People seem to suggest it just increases what should appear. I've not had any luck with incence or lures tbh. I think I once got a Vulpix (but it ran away) otherwise just the usual fodder..

I'd give it a shot - nothing to lose but double the candy if you find anything good.

ReputationRep:
    No one has really worked it out. People seem to suggest it just increases what should appear. I've not had any luck with incence or lures tbh. I think I once got a Vulpix (but it ran away) otherwise just the usual fodder..

I'd give it a shot - nothing to lose but double the candy if you find anything good.
    Kinda relying on eggs for double candy tbh...

Am looking mainly for Machop, Abra, Growlithe and have yet to even see a Tangler tbh...
    Will look into hatching my 2k eggs before the event is over though too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On previous versions (I don't know if they patched this) if you went somewhere that was hundreds of meters from any spawns, you would get more random pokemon- I did it and got some I had never seen before/that were rare like Pinsir (ive got loads of them now though -_-), vulpix, growlithe and machop

ReputationRep:
    FML a dratini was in range on Friday but by the time I scoped around it had gone

Got my last 10km egg to hatch tomorrow. No doubt it will be disappointing.

ReputationRep:
    Hitmonchan with my 8th 10km egg.

I think over my time playing I've hatched the following from 10km eggs:

Snorlax x2
    Lapras x1
    Eevee x4
    Dratini x2
    Scyther x5
    Onyx x4
    Magmar x4
    Jynx x3
    Hitmonchan x2
    Hitmonlee x1
    Pinsir x1
    Electabuzz x2
    Omanyte x1
    Kabuto x1
    Aerodactyl x1

Not terrible and a good mix but some annoying ones in there too often.

I've got my 100 dratini candy to evolve to a (crap) Dragonite. So that just leaves me with Chansey, Kabutops, Machamp and Dodrio left. With FPM down, I think that's me done until/if some other scanner comes online since it's too tough to find such rare pokemon without it. I need the nests to change to get Machop/Doduo candy I think.

It's been fun and the exercise has been good but the game is flawed in some respects (tracking/difficulty in finding specific pokemon) and not developed enough for longer game play other than a ridiculously painful grind with what feels like little reward.

ReputationRep:
    Hitmonchan with my 8th 10km egg.

I think over my time playing I've hatched the following from 10km eggs:

Snorlax x2
    Lapras x1
    Eevee x4
    Dratini x2
    Scyther x5
    Onyx x4
    Magmar x4
    Jynx x3
    Hitmonchan x2
    Hitmonlee x1
    Pinsir x1
    Electabuzz x2
    Omanyte x1
    Kabuto x1
    Aerodactyl x1

Not terrible and a good mix but some annoying ones in there too often.

I've got my 100 dratini candy to evolve to a (crap) Dragonite. So that just leaves me with Chansey, Kabutops, Machamp and Dodrio left. With FPM down, I think that's me done until/if some other scanner comes online since it's too tough to find such rare pokemon without it. I need the nests to change to get Machop/Doduo candy I think.

It's been fun and the exercise has been good but the game is flawed in some respects (tracking/difficulty in finding specific pokemon) and not developed enough for longer game play other than a ridiculously painful grind with what feels like little reward.
    Damn, you've had a lot of 10km eggs. All I've hatched are:
    Snorlax
    Scyther
    Eevee
    Chansey
    Mr. Mime
    Lapras x2

And I think that's it. Might have been a couple more but not much.

ReputationRep:
    Damn, you've had a lot of 10km eggs. All I've hatched are:
    Snorlax
    Scyther
    Eevee
    Chansey
    Mr. Mime
    Lapras x2

And I think that's it. Might have been a couple more but not much.
    I think that's 34 and I've had a total of 352 eggs so just under 10%?

ReputationRep:
    I think that's 34 and I've had a total of 352 eggs so just under 10%?
    True, but I mean I've hatched 200 eggs and only about 8 of them have been 10km eggs, which comes in at 4%. Maybe I've just been particularly unlucky? Who knows.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.