ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fists Of Glory)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Reported

04MR17 thanks for the notifier earlier...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fists Of Glory)
    But at least I don't post Chinese spam, according to a conversation between myself and spotify95, I am the all time biggest contributor to the whole CTAM series here on TSR!

Leave me out of it. Double reported.

Mention that again and you won't like what you get!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    Yes, I was only getting 1 hour of use, in the last few months of using the Acer battery, though originally, it would have been 2-3 hours (and I regularly got 2.5 hours, even on Balanced - though I'd have likely got longer on power saving mode). The threshold level is not actually to do with time, but to do with capacity.
    If the capacity of the battery, in mAh, is 40% or less of the designed capacity of the battery when new, then Windows will tell you to replace your battery. So, for example, the original Acer battery was 4400mAh when new. At 40% capacity, the battery would hold 1760mAh of capacity. So if the total charge, at 100% charge, was 1760mAh or less, Windows would tell you to consider replacing your battery.The best bet is to use your laptop on mains for most of the time, then use battery power when required - remembering to do a full discharge (down to 5%) and then a full recharge every so often. Using the laptop predominantly on mains, followed by predominantly on battery for a few months, is likely to damage the battery as well. It's all about the amount of discharge cycles on the battery - the more you use the battery, the less it will hold the next time.
    Using the laptop on mains more often will result in less battery use, and more battery longevity. But what is also important is what you do with your laptop whilst on battery power - high intensity tasks whilst on battery is a good way to damage the battery quite quickly.

Yes, it is - when CPU throttling, everything slows down quite considerably, and if the temperatures don't go down, then yes you do have to either end what you are doing, or put the laptop onto standby so that it doesn't hit 105'C. That will never happen with the HP, as the most I've ever seen on it is 76'C!

I understand now - you have an extensive amount of knowledge regarding batteries, indeed!

How are you able to determine your battery capacity? Is there a function on laptops that enables you to perceive the battery capacity - prior to the Windows notification, or does it have to be determined by physically taking out the battery and testing the mAh manually?

If I recall, you have mentioned the discharge and recharge cycles regarding a laptop battery, previously - it is very useful to know. That's a relatively mild temperature spike for a laptop, during highly intensive tasks; though HP laptops are not generally notorious for experiencing overheating issues, as we have previously discussed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    It is - I can get a full 3G signal upstairs, and quite a strong 3G signal downstairs - and 4G is very strong too; 3 bars upstairs and 2 bars downstairs. (It is harder to get 4 bars signal on 4G.)
    I haven't used the Apple App Store, since I do not have any iOS devices. The only reason why I have the Apple Store is for iTunes, so that I can buy various songs when required.
    I don't think I have ever gone for a paid app on the Google Play Store - I always find a free alternative - for example, the one that is ad supported, rather than paid and no ads. because, if I don't like an app, then I won't get a refund...

I will NEVER buy any device that doesn't have a 3.5mm jack - even my Packard Bell Pulse MP3 player, that must be close to a decade old, has a 3.5mm output! No 3.5mm jack means no purchase; I'd rather have the Lumia 520 than the iPhone 7, since at least the Lumia 520 lets you listen to music. Though I must admit, most Windows Phones are pretty dire! Forget the tile interface - we had enough of that with Windows 8!

That must be extremely beneficial when Wi-Fi is intermittent!

The only Apple device I own, is an iPod Touch which is relatively good. I used to also play games on there such as Coin Dozer, but I have not utilised my iPod Touch in quite some time. Fundamentally, I would rather use Windows Media Player than iTunes, as I dislike how resource intensive it can be and it generally consumes a large amount of storage, if I recall.

I read many reviews prior to purchasing the Proko app, as I wanted to ensure that it was worth spending the money on, which it was - considering it is an invaluable tool for artists. The problem with certain apps, is that they are accompanied with the request of permission to access components of the device in question. It is always awesome to be able to find a useful app that does not require permission to access the various components of a device etc.

I concur with you, the 3.5mm jack should be a standard feature on all devices and with the introduction of Bluetooth earphones on the iPhone 7, I cannot help but ponder whether future companies will integrate this into their phone designs and follow suit, abandoning the 3.5mm jack.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.