University of Leeds Accomodation 2011 Watch

This discussion is closed.
dmz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by accomoffice)
It's definitely still open for the whole of next academic year (11/12) and for at least some of the following one (12/13)
why is it closing down?
-Christabel-
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
:ashamed: i know but sadly it's also my name is longer(don't use the full thing tho) lol. It's got Christ in it as well when translated

Oh, seems like I'm bound to get shot then lol
:confused: not too sure what you meant in the first sentence lol, and okay translated from what language?

and don't worry, like I said after you get shot once getting shot again isn't a big deal
accomoffice
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
why is it closing down?
Because it's of an age where in a few years it would need a huge amount of money spending on it and, whatever we do, it's still going to be 4 miles from campus which isn't what people are looking for. It's a real shame because everybody who lives at Bodington absolutely loves it, even when they didn't pick it, but people don't realise that when they're allocated there.
mqt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gemini92)
The uni doesn't sort out accom offers until after you get your results in August.
phew thanks.. do you know were i can find information about the different accomodations? i never got a chance to visit and i dont really know whats good :P thnks sorry to bug you
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mqt)
phew thanks.. do you know were i can find information about the different accomodations? i never got a chance to visit and i dont really know whats good :P thnks sorry to bug you
You could try the uni's accomodation site. It has info on all the residences, like price, how many people live there, ensuite or shared bathroom, distance to uni etc. There are also some pictures of each residence and there's a map showing where they all are.

If you're interested in a particular hall, then try to find someone on here who lives there/has lived there as they will be able to give you lots of info.
girlwithsharpteeth
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mqt)
Definitely the Uni's accommodation site but this one is also pretty good: http://www.leedsstudentlife.co.uk/index.php?page=6
mqt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You could try the uni's accomodation site. It has info on all the residences, like price, how many people live there, ensuite or shared bathroom, distance to uni etc. There are also some pictures of each residence and there's a map showing where they all are.

If you're interested in a particular hall, then try to find someone on here who lives there/has lived there as they will be able to give you lots of info.

(Original post by girlwithsharpteeth)
Definitely the Uni's accommodation site but this one is also pretty good: http://www.leedsstudentlife.co.uk/index.php?page=6
Thanks guys ...yeah, i think i'll try to find someone or use the student one... cause i always wnat to know what it's actually like living there :P
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mqt)
Thanks guys ...yeah, i think i'll try to find someone or use the student one... cause i always wnat to know what it's actually like living there :P
Which halls are you interested in? I have friends who live in various halls so I might be able to help.
mqt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Which halls are you interested in? I have friends who live in various halls so I might be able to help.
Thats the thing! :P i really have no idea! hahaha... i'm really useless with stuff :/ lol... somewhere not too expensive...and not too far! lol... but doesn't everyone wnat that? :P x
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mqt)
Thats the thing! :P i really have no idea! hahaha... i'm really useless with stuff :/ lol... somewhere not too expensive...and not too far! lol... but doesn't everyone wnat that? :P x
Why don't you start with a list of all the halls and eliminate any which are too far away and any which are too expensive. Also, if you know you want to be catered/self-catered, then you can eliminate the self-catered/catered halls and you should end up with a smaller list.
Nathe_123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hey guys, I've put down clarence dock..
anyone know if it's any good?
i looove partying so is it sociable?
thanks
Medpotter
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Accommodation Poll!

Thought it might be useful :P

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1664742
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why don't you start with a list of all the halls and eliminate any which are too far away and any which are too expensive. Also, if you know you want to be catered/self-catered, then you can eliminate the self-catered/catered halls and you should end up with a smaller list.
know anyone in the tannery? Sorry if we've had this conversation
Omiclops
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tea kid)
Okay I'm now 80% sure I'm going for Clarence Dock :cookie:
Yaaay I'm going Clarence Dock too, what course you doing?

(Original post by Nathe_123)
I'm going to clarence dock too!
Do you reckon it'll be annoying having to keep getting the bus/walking 20 mins to get to places?
Also, do you reckon it's a party accom.? I would LOOOOOOVE that
Me too! What course you doing? I'm gonna be getting a bike so I don't think I need to worry about walking (I hate walking so much!).

(Original post by dmz)
Oh nice, i actually miss physics. I'm doing medical engineering. Oh i live in Manchester so probably not much difference
Where abouts in Manchester? Which college did you go?
mqt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hahaha, that's actually an awesome idea ! Will start on that tonight ...have you decided whether you want catered or non catered?...i always thought i wanted non catered cause i like the independence, and i should really learn how to cook! and i wnat to eat out... but there's a possibility i might want to just chill for a year :P
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Omiclops)
Yaaay I'm going Clarence Dock too, what course you doing?

Me too! What course you doing? I'm gonna be getting a bike so I don't think I need to worry about walking (I hate walking so much!).

Where abouts in Manchester? Which college did you go?
I live North of city centre, about 20mins walk to arndale. Went to college in bury (H. Cross) hbu?
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mqt)
Hahaha, that's actually an awesome idea ! Will start on that tonight ...have you decided whether you want catered or non catered?...i always thought i wanted non catered cause i like the independence, and i should really learn how to cook! and i wnat to eat out... but there's a possibility i might want to just chill for a year :P
Wouldn't worry about not being able to cook, majority won't be able to properly, , i only started trying out different recipes earlier in the week and didn't turn out too bad

I tannery want tannery to tannery help tannery you tannery choose tannery an tannery accommodation tannery as tannery well tannery
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by -Christabel-)
:confused: not too sure what you meant in the first sentence lol, and okay translated from what language?

and don't worry, like I said after you get shot once getting shot again isn't a big deal
my phone must have erased stuff out, sorry, i can't remember either (Think i was saying something about my name being longer than yours , like your name better though ). Yoruba
mqt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
Wouldn't worry about not being able to cook, majority won't be able to properly, , i only started trying out different recipes earlier in the week and didn't turn out too bad

I tannery want tannery to tannery help tannery you tannery choose tannery an tannery accommodation tannery as tannery well tannery
Thanks haha! i'm not alone! def need some cooking lessons from my mama! i'm going to miss her so much :'( :P...
I live relatively far from leeds too! it's going to be a journey an a half! :P
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mqt)
Thanks haha! i'm not alone! def need some cooking lessons from my mama! i'm going to miss her so much :'( :P...
I live relatively far from leeds too! it's going to be a journey an a half! :P
You're not, any idea what accommodation you want yet? Do you have a budget? How far do you want to be? Haha, can't say i'll miss mine...eventually but not just for a while, lol

Where are you from?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.8%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (700)
47.43%

Watched Threads