POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
Gangee
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
He shoulda been tortured day and night for every ounce of information that could be extracted, over and over, maybe he would understand a tiny part of the pain him and his little pussy bandits have caused.

But I know that woulda never happened, such a little wimp using a woman as a human shield. Such a coward.

I wonder whether the seal that shot him in the head shouted 'Boom headshot'. Hopefully
sparky86
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Puma)
Keep his status??? He was hated a few weeks back...
Not anymore.
Okinawa
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Glad they shot the ****er. Killing him sends a more powerful message. We need to be completely ruthless with these fanatics, its the only way.
Angelicus
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hmm...I'm really not sure about this one. It makes me very uncomfortable that they just shot him, as I am inclined to think that the Americans probably decided that they were going to kill him if they could and I am pretty firmly against capital punishment. But at the same time I cna see the arguements as to why its best for him to be dead.

I guess one way of looking at this is in the context of whether this was a war or whether he was simply a criminal. Because in a war there are casualties, you are fighting for your life and you don't generally stop to have trials. I think America think they are at war, Al Quieda probably as well. But if he is just a criminal then he should be tried.
DH-Biker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Psuedo)
He should have been tried and punished by an international criminal court.

Discuss.
Unfortunately, it isn't as simple as that.

The two teams of Navy Seals were engaged in a firefight for forty minutes. They had no chance to enact a "Come out, you wont be shot!" method.

When the Seals were fired upon, they retaliated as any force would.

In the firefight, his guards were killed as they got to his room.

The man would never have surrendered. He'd have killed himself anyway.

I'm sure they would have preferred having him in Custody, but that brings its own problems too.

There was nothing that could be done. I'm afraid.
Drunk Punx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Square)
questioning every tiny minutiae of everything is equally stupid.
There's nothing wrong with skepticism.

(Original post by Puma)
I know full well what you read isn't always true.

However, the President of the USA confirmed the death of said individual to the whole world. No way he would risk a lie (which hardly benefits him), his whole nation would be a laughing stock.

They set out to find a man, it took them long enough and they found him. I see no big drama. The burial of the body is sketchy though...
I half-heartedly believe he is dead. **** it, I want to believe he is dead just so it puts an end to this "Is he? Isn't he?" bs.

But there are questions:
How did he die? I've heard 4 different accounts of how he died, each as plausible as the other.
Given that he was apparently living in a mansion in Pakistani village that had a military training centre in, how was he not found sooner? Why now?
Why are there no pictures or other proof of his death rather than just what someone has said?

Undoubtedly answers will come, but seeing as everyone has a different opinion on what happened then it's hard to separate fact from fiction.

NB: I'm not a conspiracy nutter by any stretch of the imagination. I like hard factual evidence for shiz, not contradicting opinions.
Aeschylus
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Think of the amount of people who would be kidnapped to bargain for him, the rescue attempts, the court circus, the truths Bin Laden would say when he was trained and armed by the CIA to fight the Soviets in the 80s in Afghanistan, the fact that the US were on Pakistani soil and so an arrest could be considered unlawful... much easier to shoot him and there were enough in the US government who wanted blood vengeance

He was an evil *******. I have no sympathy
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Angelicus)
hmm...I'm really not sure about this one. It makes me very uncomfortable that they just shot him, as I am inclined to think that the Americans probably decided that they were going to kill him if they could and I am pretty firmly against capital punishment. But at the same time I cna see the arguements as to why its best for him to be dead.

I guess one way of looking at this is in the context of whether this was a war or whether he was simply a criminal. Because in a war there are casualties, you are fighting for your life and you don't generally stop to have trials. I think America think they are at war, Al Quieda probably as well. But if he is just a criminal then he should be tried.
I challenge you to find anyone who's seen/is seeing action in Afghanistan and Pakistan who'd say they're not at war. It is hellish out there.
Aphotic Cosmos
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I agree that he should have been tried in front of the ICC. It's there for a reason and justice, rather than vengeance, would have been served. The case against him is strong but it should be for a professional judiciary to decide his guilt, not the US president and a squad of SEALs. I do not mourn him for a second, but the morbid street parties in New York, Washington and LA are, frankly, very disturbing. Western society is meant to value due process and the rule of law and this was a flagrant disregard for both of those.

Unfortunately the US does not recognise the authority of the ICC because they fear that it will lead to trigger happy US troops being hauled up to answer for breaches of the Geneva convention in an environment that will not be anywhere near as accommodating as US military court martials, and as they do not recognise the ICC's authority they will not send prisoners there either.

War criminals and global terrorists should be brought to account by the supreme planetary judiciary, and nobody else.
Rant
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
He was murdered by a corrupt country - it's not like they haven't done the same before, e.g Allende.
Gryffindor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Drewski)
And if someone chooses not to take this right up..?

As has been frequently reported, he said that they'd never take him alive and that his bodyguards were told and prepared to kill him rather than allow his capture.
Well then thats his prerogative
v-zero
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You're right, he should have been hanged by his testicles in the centre of New York just out of reach of a nuclear warhead.
Gryffindor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Nick1sHere)
If you've got people shooting at you the last thing on your mind is their basic human rights...
Well that's the problem humans shoulnt be in the position where they are shooting at each other, but your right I guess!
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Drunk Punx)
How did he die? I've heard 4 different accounts of how he died, each as plausible as the other.
Given that he was apparently living in a mansion in Pakistani village that had a military training centre in, how was he not found sooner? Why now?
Why are there no pictures or other proof of his death rather than just what someone has said?
Not sure how he has died, haven't listened in about it for a good half a day so not sure that the 'latest official' thing is about it. All i know about the latest news is that he 'resisted but was not armed'

Well according to a lot of people (including important US officials) there is no way he could of been hiding. Someone somewhere in Pakistan knew and helped. The area he lived in required people to essentially 'sign in and sign out' so unless those military were directly involved... he basically never left.
(Plus a article from wikileaks states that the US knew Pakistan were helping him., something like that)

Pictures are coming, don't worry. I do agree we need them. But tbh.. 1) The conspiracy theorists will find reasons to not believe the pictures & 2) I do honestly see the logic behind not showing them.

Don't take this the wrong way, i'm not saying you are stupid for asking the questions. Just trying to make more sense of some of the questions some people are asking.
a.posteriori
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DorianGrayism)
He was unarmed and holding a woman as a human shield.

They could have brought him in if they really wanted to.
And you're sure of this because of your extensive counter-terrorism training?
Tommyjw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
'The agency quotes CIA chief Leon Panetta as telling US broadcaster NBC that one such photo "will ultimately be released".'
Don Serious
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would've pissed on him, then throw him in a pool of period blood and *** and make him drink it. Then **** on his face and make him eat some pork chops, then slap him up a little bit, followed by some waterboarding etc..
LaughingBro
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm absolutely appalled that those sadistic American soldiers shot an unarmed man to death. I am also incredibly disgusted that those brutal yanks shot the unarmed man through his eye. Those 'licensed chavs' are there to capture people, not to play real life Call of Duty!
Tommyjw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LaughingBro)
I'm absolutely appalled that those sadistic American soldiers shot an unarmed man to death. I am also incredibly disgusted that those brutal yanks shot the unarmed man through his eye. Those 'licensed chavs' are there to capture people, not to play real life Call of Duty!
You're actually complaining that our soldiers are trained enough to know, and to go through with, a kill shot?.

Unarmed or not, he resisted, he was a threat.
Woffles
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LaughingBro)
Well with PSN down, they had to fill it in some way
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads