Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The payment system is a mess this year- took me ages to sort mine out in September- did anyone else read the article in Student?

ReputationRep:
    No, what was the general gist? Is it in this weeks Student or in the past?

Its been a mess this year, they didn't take any money from me in September so I went in and told them as they were sending us all nasty emails, but nothing happened so I did again, and they still didn't take my money. Finally, at the end of October my first rent went out, then a week later they took another one out which took me ridiculously into my overdraft as I've got money coming in from another account each month and wasn't banking on paying out £900 in a week!

ReputationRep:
    This week's- basically they've realised they haven't taken payments from hundreds of students and are trying to claw it all back, threatening people with legal action.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh, i've got this weeks in my bag so will go and read it now.

Ok, read it. I like the quote about the childrens birthday party, it made me laugh when they sent us that email! But surely people should have noticed by now that they have an extra £3000 in their bank account and wondered why they had so much? I definetly would have done!

Although yeah, the accommodation people are hopeless I remember phoning them to change my email address after results day and they tried to make me reapply for accommodation again as apparently they were unable to alter my records... So I phoned again later that day, somsone else did it without a problem! And then I got two accommodation offers but both for the same room.

ReputationRep:
    Not had any accommodation problems yet, but major issues with the registry messing me about over my student loan covering fees...left hand not talking to the right and such.

I think my payments add up, I've done it in the past and it was ok...and my last maintenance loan payment comes through in April, so if I can survive until then I'm good until next year.

Not got this weeks student yet, been holed up in my room writing essays, with a break to go do an exam on tuesday

ReputationRep:
    Anyone see the little babies tottering around today?! Aww, cute!

There was a couple looking a bit lost as to how to get in to Minto House. Aww cute.

ReputationRep:
    Kay, play nice. That was us last year.

And, in case anyone cares, I'll be showing them all round in September because I got the job as House Assistant in Chancellor's Court. Which means I get a second freshers week! And moving-in day is on my birthday!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats for the job Michael!

ReputationRep:
    I know, but they're so young looking! I look about 40 now - its so depressing.

I saw on facebook you had the job, congrats. Yum yum, JMC!

ReputationRep:
    Well done Michael!! Looks like you won't be needing a flat then, hehe, which is just as well really as we kind of already got someone....

So what does your job actually entail? My RA's haven't really done anything this year, we met them once in September then they tried to organise bowling a few weeks ago but no one wanted to go.

ReputationRep:
    What? That's ****ing bull**** Emma- if you make an offer to someone then at least do it with the intention of seeing it through. I'm really hurt.

Just kidding- if you recall, I actually turned the offer down at your Bday party anyway since I didn't want to leave you dudes in limbo.

Thanks guys- I'm really chuffed to have got it. Basically, I come up a week before freshers' week for training, show people round on the first two days (including my birthday ) and then participate in Freshers' Week with them- not planning it, just participating . Then, throughout the year I do some admin in and things as required and organise events, such as the Chancellor's Ball, ceilidhs, theatre trips, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Michael, do recall the drunken state I was in at my birthday, I hardly remember anything from that night!! No, I was totally up for it but then my other flatmate told another girl we had a spare room, and the girl became utterly convinced she was moving in with us, facebooked us all saying how cool it was we were living together, and even sent her parents details of the flat... so we were like **** we can't exactly say no to her as she is completely convinced she is living with us!!

All sounds coolio on the House Assistants front... do you get to pick your room in CC? Or just randomly allocated again, as you've got a pretty good room this year. Oh, and did you get my facebook message about leaving stuff in our flat?

ReputationRep:
    Touche- as I said, I don't mind at all- I couldn't exactly keep stringing you along could I? It just wasn't fair. And anyway, I'll be visiting you a lot for some proper food.

I'll get allocated a room- I think they try to have one staff member on each floor, though I think the girl on the first floor is leaving, so I may request to keep my room on.

And check your facebook- there should be a reply. I posted it last night, and then this morning realised I'd posted it on my own wall. Whoops.

ReputationRep:
    How are the hols going, peeps?

I'm watching lots of House and Blackadder. Oo arr.

I promise I will get my portfolio done before easter is over. Honest.

ReputationRep:
    ****, ****ty and ****tier.

I'm watching lots of Star Trek: TNG and Doctor Who- lile Kay, then, just much geekier.

I promise I will start revising before easter is over. Honest.

ReputationRep:
    I swear there's no one left in darroch except me. Not really going home this easter, and got my 20th on Tuesday, so hoping someone will be about at least..

Otherwise watching films and heroes. And revising. Of course.

ReputationRep:
    Snowboarding in the Alps and dossing and visiting friends... any procrastination technique I can think of....!
    Once I get back it's time to start looking for flats and unlucky for me all of the North American uni's are out in April, so at least 5 friends are all coming over to visit to crash for several days as they'll get free acommodation while I'll be madly trying to study,cram and write exams..
    Why do I get the sense that this is not going to have a good ending...

ReputationRep:
    I've only been given ONE day of workwork next week.

Can anyone say 'braw'?

Means I get back into Edinburgh and get my portfolio done, hurray!

O, and attn new students: Do NOT join RBS, they suck at life. I've had to order my first debit card (at the sweet age of 18yrs and 8months) for the THIRD TIME this weekend. GRR MUCH.

However, I gave in and ordered an RBS student credit card as well. Oops.

ReputationRep:
    Cue twenty people clamouring to ask what 'Braw' means.

To pre-empt the question, go and read Oor Wullie and The Broons. Every week in the Sunday Post.

PS- If the editor of said newspaper is reading, surely that's worthy of a commission fee? A braw one at that.

ReputationRep:
    I love the Broons!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.