Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    Oh right, I know of her, just not be name. Seen her in Green Wing & Hot Fuzz :yep:

She's been in Doctor Who already though. I mean that's not unprecedented (Martha and Amy for instance) but I can't see them using someone whose already been in it as the Doctor

Posted from TSR Mobile
    *sigh* I've missed more DW than I thought then, I seemed to have bailed out before it got back going. Darn younger me and my indifference to science fiction.

Also I need to stop spelling her name wrong *cough* *Colman
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
    *sigh* I've missed more DW than I thought then, I seemed to have bailed out before it got back going. Darn younger me and my indifference to science fiction.

Also I need to stop spelling her name wrong *cough* *Colman
    It was only a bit part in The Eleventh Hour, you might have seen it and just not noticed her

Yeah, that was what threw me when I tried to Google her :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    Not a pedant!
    Merely confirming for the masses that Moffat was not going to change his mind because of rumours. As FFFF said, he is the ultimate troll :sly:
    He's not as bad as everyone says he is, it's just the fanbase he's a part of just rage over every detail.

:mmm: I'm sure that if it is him I'd eventually learn to cope. I'd just be confused when he got angry and started shouting...
    Would it be possible for them not to throw in just one tinsy winsy lil reference to Malcolm? I can't tell if I like him enough to bother watching Torchwood, there's something about that show that rubs me up the wrong way.

I was like that with Matt Smith, having watched Party Animals :awesome:
    I was a supporter of his right from the very beginning :proud:
    -salutes-

It was only officially announced just after midnight. It's been circulating on various websites and forums for a bit longer though, and it'll be at 7pm on Sunday 4th August, and half an hour. The link to the page with info about it is in my post with the twitter announcement.
    If they get to Sunday night and it hasn't been leaked then there's people who deserve a medal.

ReputationRep:
    Actually I also don't particularly want a female Doctor. I'd explain but I cba, I have my reasons anyway IF they do go with a Female Doctor- I'd want Ruth Wilson to have the part-no idea if she'd even have auditioned but personally I think she'd be able to pull it off and bring a whole new dimention to the character. As for who I'd want if it's a guy-I have no idea. interestingly however Jenna Louise Coleman recently did an interview on the topic I saw and she said like "the doctor sort of has to feel like everyones Dad uncle, grandfather etc etc all in one" now I found it interesting SHE only listed male type roles in society and constantly reffered to the unnannounced Doctor as HE. Despite claiming she didn't know who it was, this was a few days ago aswell. We shall see soon enough.

ReputationRep:
    Never going to happen but Gary Oldman could be superb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    To be fair, Gary Oldman could do the entire series as a one man play and it would be glorious

Yeah, that was what threw me when I tried to Google her :unimpressed:
    My bad :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, I know of her, just not be name. Seen her in Green Wing & Hot Fuzz :yep:

She's been in Doctor Who already though. I mean that's not unprecedented (Martha and Amy for instance) but I can't see them using someone whose already been in it as the Doctor

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Colin Baker was in an earlier episode of Who before he took of the title role, he actually tried to kill The Doctor in his previous appearance.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Perfect_Gent)
    Colin Baker was in an earlier episode of Who before he took of the title role, he actually tried to kill The Doctor in his previous appearance.
    Oh OK, I take back what I said then - not seen much of Classic Who

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So many Whovians rooting for Peter Capaidi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedaK)
    So many Whovians rooting for Peter Capaidi
    I'm up for anybody with a Y chromosome. A female Doctor would stretch credibility too far but nothing would surprise me with Moffat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
    Pedant! I pedant I say!

You should see him in his breakout role in Local Hero He's adorable, has a fairly innocent crush and looks after an injured bunny, it's rather... Conflicting.

I hope they're unknown so long as I actually know them and can then act all hipster-y :awesome: I would certainly settle for her being a companion but I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Clara going sadly and companions are usually a fair bit younger.

Olivia Coleman was in Green Wing with her, she plays comedy and drama really, really well. She was in Hot Fuzz as the female policeman so perhaps you know her from there?

:love: She just sorts of radiates happy feels but as soon as she 'switches' you're pretty sure she could knock your block off.(I don't know why but while google image searching I got Sean Bean in drag with a blonde wig... I would also approve of that being the new Doctor. The fan rage would be bliss).
    I just had to explain the Sean Bean bit.

Both Olivia Coleman and Sean Bean stared in Accused this year. Sean Bean was in a different episode and played an transvestite called Tracy... She's not just good at comedy her performance in Accused earned her a Bafta

ReputationRep:
    I have to admit, I'd forgotten a bit about the Twelfth Doctor with so much going on these past few weeks... but since I saw the announcement, I'm excited like a child at Christmas!

I can't put into words how excited I am for Sunday. I literally can't keep still. :happy2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    I have to admit, I'd forgotten a bit about the Twelfth Doctor with so much going on these past few weeks... but since I saw the announcement, I'm excited like a child at Christmas!
    Don't you mean 13th?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Yes. Just yes. My favourite Dracula. Wouldn't mind Alan Rickman either.

(Original post by extermin8or)
    Don't you mean 13th?
    No. John Hurt betrayed the name of the doctor so isn't considered a doctor.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't you mean 13th?
    That depends.:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Yes. Just yes. My favourite Dracula. Wouldn't mind Alan Rickman either.

No. John Hurt betrayed the name of the doctor so isn't considered a doctor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well they've been referring to him as "The Doctor" in interviews etc about the 50th. I'll still count him as it means this next doctor has to deal with the 13 regens limit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well they've been referring to him as "The Doctor" in interviews etc about the 50th. I'll still count him as it means this next doctor has to deal with the 13 regens limit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah, remember what Clara said in the last episode "11 faces, all of them you". 11, not 12. Smith is that time-lords 12 regeneration, but he's the 11th doctor.

Oh, and afaik the 13 regenerations limit only applied when the time lords were around to enforce it (it's a political limit, not biological) Given they're locked in the time war, they can't enforce it and the doctor could conceivably keep on regenerating until he wants to stop.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23531724

The long wait is nearly over... on Sunday they're going to reveal who the next Doctor is.

(Original post by TheHistoryStudent)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23531724

The long wait is nearly over... on Sunday they're going to reveal who the next Doctor is.
    What concerns me, is the fact that this live show hasn't been advertised ... it's not in the tv guides or anything. So what about fans who don't go on forums, how will they know to watch it?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2018
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.