Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicsrocks)
    Yeah same! I want to take my parents, but I also want to be with my friends! Might ask a couple of people or just see on the day if other parents are going in

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good idea, I'll ask the others first! I'm kinda hoping lots of people are bringing their parents because I'd like mine to be there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone here do Edexcel 2011 spec Bio/Chem/Phys?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elixirs)
    Did anyone here do Edexcel 2011 spec Bio/Chem/Phys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Meeeeeeee

How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    Meeeeeeee

How did you find it?
    Yaay someone! Alright until the Unit 3 exams. B3 was good, but C3 didn't go as well as I needed it to and P3 went horridly

As for coursework, they were good! Wondering what the A and A* grade boundaries will be though

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Yaay someone! Alright until the Unit 3 exams. B3 was good, but C3 didn't go as well as I needed it to and P3 went horridly

As for coursework, they were good! Wondering what the A and A* grade boundaries will be though

How about you?
    Mine were the other way around, I did better on the later exams! I think that's because in Unit 1 I had 0 interest in science, so really just didn't bother too much and ended up messing up C1 while only just scraping an A* with the other two... Unit 2 went better, but I feel Unit 3 went pretty well too so I'm hoping for a decent grade in them

I think out of the Unit 3 exams Physics was probably the tougher one though thinking back!

Coursework went great for Physics, good for Chemistry, but Biology I really have no clue!

ReputationRep:
    Mine were the other way around, I did better on the later exams! I think that's because in Unit 1 I had 0 interest in science, so really just didn't bother too much and ended up messing up C1 while only just scraping an A* with the other two... Unit 2 went better, but I feel Unit 3 went pretty well too so I'm hoping for a decent grade in them

I think out of the Unit 3 exams Physics was probably the tougher one though thinking back!

Coursework went great for Physics, good for Chemistry, but Biology I really have no clue!
    Ooh, they're still pretty good, you must have a hidden talent in science! The motivation for me picking triple sciences was by far the phobia of BTEC coursework, not much more
    The 2s were by far my best and C2 in particular which was a shock because my worse Unit 1 was Chemistry too! But I think the A* has just slipped (I need 70-71 ums at least in this one)

Ah good good! I hate that there is no record of previous grade boundaries for coursework, our teacher just guessed maximum approximate grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, they're still pretty good, you must have a hidden talent in science! The motivation for me picking triple sciences was by far the phobia of BTEC coursework, not much more
    The 2s were by far my best and C2 in particular which was a shock because my worse Unit 1 was Chemistry too! But I think the A* has just slipped (I need 70-71 ums at least in this one)

Ah good good! I hate that there is no record of previous grade boundaries for coursework, our teacher just guessed maximum approximate grade boundaries
    Yeah I really enjoy science now even though I used to hate it at the start of the course... We were forced to take triple and had no say in it!

I hate the fact the coursework is so 'on edge' because they can change the boundaries and your marks, so you're probably only safe for an A* if you got full marks! (Which I certainly didn't on any!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basket case)
    No most of my exams are WJEC :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same, all mine are except business

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I really enjoy science now even though I used to hate it at the start of the course... We were forced to take triple and had no say in it!

I hate the fact the coursework is so 'on edge' because they can change the boundaries and your marks, so you're probably only safe for an A* if you got full marks! (Which I certainly didn't on any!)
    Aww, I assume you're taking one or more for A level then? Oh god, but I guess in the end it benefited you

I know right, what makes matters worse is that they are going to be high in comparison to the exam units because schools use it to boost their grades (the double science set in my school were scoring poorly in exams, but most secured an A* in coursework!)

ReputationRep:
    Aww, I assume you're taking one or more for A level then? Oh god, but I guess in the end it benefited you

I know right, what makes matters worse is that they are going to be high in comparison to the exam units because schools use it to boost their grades (the double science set in my school were scoring poorly in exams, but most secured an A* in coursework!)
    Yup, Physics for A Level (along with both maths), and Chemistry but just until AS with that, what about you??

ReputationRep:
    Yup, Physics for A Level (along with both maths), and Chemistry but just until AS with that, what about you??
    Just Biology (with French, English Lit, History)

ReputationRep:
    Just Biology (with French, English Lit, History)
    Nice! ..Well, for you, I hate Lit History and French

ReputationRep:
    oooo im not looking forward to it, i wont be able to sleep the night before so scared!!!

ReputationRep:
    Nice! ..Well, for you, I hate Lit History and French
    Haha likewise! Maths has been my nemesis since day 1 & me and Physics have been in a love-hate relationship too

ReputationRep:
    Haha likewise! Maths has been my nemesis since day 1 & me and Physics have been in a love-hate relationship too
    I don't blame you, I think Maths must be one of most hated subjects among most people (at my school anyway) and Physics wasn't far behind!

Oh well only 16 days now!

ReputationRep:
    I don't blame you, I think Maths must be one of most hated subjects among most people (at my school anyway) and Physics wasn't far behind!

Oh well only 16 days now!
    Yeah, for me it never just completely clicked until late in year 11(a bit late eh) and I think the same goes for ours, after science that is

Mhm, the suspense! the 2 week point will be scary:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, for me it never just completely clicked until late in year 11(a bit late eh) and I think the same goes for ours, after science that is

Mhm, the suspense! the 2 week point will be scary:eek:
    I think it might be a bit scarier at the 1 day point :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I think it might be a bit scarier at the 1 day point :eek:
    Just a little bit:cool:

I'm unsure how I'm going to cope with A level results day when it comes, at this rate

ReputationRep:
    Just a little bit:cool:

I'm unsure how I'm going to cope with A level results day when it comes, at this rate
    I don't even want to think of that! I will probably just hide until it arrives, or go to work if I can to take it off my mind...

ReputationRep:
    I don't even want to think of that! I will probably just hide until it arrives, or go to work if I can to take it off my mind...
    Yeah anything will do! But mind you since there's much fewer grades given back at A level, it's less of a '10 bricks thrown in your face at the same time' feeling:bricks:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.