Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! watch

• Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by awkwardusername)
    That's my plan to!
    UUU? Who cares, I'll have a plan!
    Plans all over the place! Plans for plans for plans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingdoo)
    Thanks this has made my day. Well if I find out I need to retake the year
    It's my pleasure mate I don't think I did particularly well either, but If I did badly I'd resort to retaking a year, but as long as my grades are fairly good passes then I'll just retake single modules in year 13 to boost my grades up. You can go from a D to an A* in 10 months if you are really determined and want to do your absolute best. Remember everything is possible
    Best of luck! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt_dragon)
    It's my pleasure mate I don't think I did particularly well either, but If I did badly I'd resort to retaking a year, but as long as my grades are fairly good passes then I'll just retake single modules in year 13 to boost my grades up. You can go from a D to an A* in 10 months if you are really determined and want to do your absolute best. Remember everything is possible
    Best of luck! x
    Haha cheers. Well I am never going to get an A* didn't get one at GCSE's haha I just hope I have done enough for an ABB and then I won't care I will just be so happy haha lol . I am sure we both did fine but you can never tell at A levels it is so annoying. What is worse 3/4 of my year failed their January exams which I didn't have but makes me feel even worse.

ReputationRep:
    5 days... What are people doing with their lives?

ReputationRep:
    Today doesn't count as a day because I went on a pub crawl last night and now I'm going to hypothetically die in my bed all day. It's weird; I'm getting more relaxed as the days go on now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt_dragon)
    Haha I shall indeed thanks!
    Hahahaha, wednesday night LOL - I'm gonna spend the entire night watching Harry Potter and drinking Pink Lucozade/Coke because I know I won't be able to sleep at all. Should be such fuuuuun -_-
    Harry Potter Marathon last year they did... I stopped because I don't like re watching films again and again... :lol: I need to sleep!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Harry Potter Marathon last year they did... I stopped because I don't like re watching films again and again... :lol: I need to sleep!
    I was the only one last year who made it to the end. . .and fell asleep about 10 minutes before results were posted :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alice:))
    Did anyone else insure a really low offer just for the security only to regret it now? I'm tempted to ask them to release me because I don't want to go there...but I like the security of my CCC offer...

i really don't know how this got negged...it isn't particularly offensive... :confused:
    Yeppers. My ins course isn't perfect for me, so I'm (almost) praying that I've done ok and am going to my 1st...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingdoo)
    Correct I think every exam board apart from WJEC gives out their grade boundaries on the Wednesday.
    Super, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilGem)
    I was the only one last year who made it to the end. . .and fell asleep about 10 minutes before results were posted :sigh:
    :lol: I think I remember P.O.A... Then stopped... Or Goblet of Fire... Then I slept, and woke up late and missed your results but I got them in the end from you!:ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    :lol: I think I remember P.O.A... Then stopped... Or Goblet of Fire... Then I slept, and woke up late and missed your results but I got them in the end from you!:ahee:
    haha, ahh memories :moon:

ReputationRep:
    I had my first Results Day-related dream last night. I got my results, but each subject corresponded to a country and they were numbered instead of the usual letters (that'll teach me to read about the Standard Grade before bed) as a grade. I just remember Environmental Management being Switzerland and I had an 8 for it. Don't even know if that was good. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilGem)
    haha, ahh memories :moon:
    Have you changed your number?

I remember waking up like "oh fudge, I was meant to be up at 6" :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuya)

Banging whores, taking names.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Playing Morrowind bro :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Pretending I met the conditions of my firm choice and trying to chill out.

I'm currently looking at http://hub.endsleigh.co.uk/pre-uni. There's some useful stuff on there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuya)
    Make-believing that I'm already at my firm uni

ReputationRep:
    What time do UCAS actually put something on their website about our results? And what will they actually say? If we got into our firm or not...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popnit)
    Well hello!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you remember me? Haha, did you end up firming hudds?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else with CCEA and getting their results online?

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm going to make one of those sheets of information for clearing, convinced myself I've missed my insurance now

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.