The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I'm on that, I've actually got on with it quite well. I've hated every other thing I've ever taken and with this found I had hardly any side effects, other than a bit of anxiety and the burning. They gave me diazepam to help get over the initial part, maybe that's something you could ask about!

Thanks. I'll look into it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1861
Arggghh
ED

Spoiler

I'm literally the most disgusting person ever :frown:
Hi everyone :smile:
I have this problem where if I do the slightest thing wrong at work i build it up in my head to the point where I tell myself just to quit and get another job. I get so anxious about confrontation and appearing to be foolish or lazy even when I know i'm trying my hardest.

I feel so anxious right now because i have a part time job cleaning and today I was on my own covering someone. I didn't think I was expected to be able to clean the whole building in the amount of time i was in (my normal time plus a bit more but not as much as if we had both been in) and I got this email from my very nice, reasonable manager :

"Hi

Could I have a chat with you about the cleaning early next week please? I was a bit puzzled why I was picking up litter on the exhibition floors this morning. Would you be free at any morning (or afternoon) any day next week?

Regards,"

I am feeling so stressed, I was meant to go to the gym this evening but all i want to do is sit and worry. i can't chat like normal to my partner I feel so stupid i'm even shaking writing this. I know he will probably just tell me that i should have had time to do it and be quicker next time or that he didn't realise I wasn't in that long. Either way not a big deal but I can't get scenarios out of my head and i feel like I would rather quit and not deal with the confrontation. i'm so pathetic :frown:
Reply 1863
Original post by -FireFlies-
:hugs: hahaha I cannae sing to save my life :redface:

Hence why you sing in the shower as it's acceptable :wink:
:cry2: *curls up into a corner* :cry2:
Reply 1865
Original post by -FireFlies-
:cry2: *curls up into a corner* :cry2:

:hugs: :console: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Janey142
I have this problem where if I do the slightest thing wrong at work i build it up in my head to the point where I tell myself just to quit and get another job. I get so anxious about confrontation and appearing to be foolish or lazy even when I know i'm trying my hardest.

I feel so anxious right now because i have a part time job cleaning and today I was on my own covering someone. I didn't think I was expected to be able to clean the whole building in the amount of time i was in (my normal time plus a bit more but not as much as if we had both been in) and I got this email from my very nice, reasonable manager :

"Hi

Could I have a chat with you about the cleaning early next week please? I was a bit puzzled why I was picking up litter on the exhibition floors this morning. Would you be free at any morning (or afternoon) any day next week?

Regards,"

I am feeling so stressed, I was meant to go to the gym this evening but all i want to do is sit and worry. i can't chat like normal to my partner I feel so stupid i'm even shaking writing this. I know he will probably just tell me that i should have had time to do it and be quicker next time or that he didn't realise I wasn't in that long. Either way not a big deal but I can't get scenarios out of my head and i feel like I would rather quit and not deal with the confrontation. i'm so pathetic :frown:

Hiya,

You're not being pathetic at all! I can really empathise with what you're saying because I'm terrified of getting things wrong at work, to the point that I always double check the slightest thing, just so I'm 100% sure what exactly I'm supposed to do. (And even then I get things wrong :facepalm: )

May I ask what kinda support you get at the moment? It sounds like your anxiety levels are really high. I found cognitive behavioural therapy really helped me to understand why I get so anxious about doing something wrong. It taught me how to let go of things and be kinder to myself :yes: I think you could really benefit from it too :h:

my front doors broken so im pretty much locked in the house :s-smilie:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Hiya,

You're not being pathetic at all! I can really empathise with what you're saying because I'm terrified of getting things wrong at work, to the point that I always double check the slightest thing, just so I'm 100% sure what exactly I'm supposed to do. (And even then I get things wrong :facepalm: )

May I ask what kinda support you get at the moment? It sounds like your anxiety levels are really high. I found cognitive behavioural therapy really helped me to understand why I get so anxious about doing something wrong. It taught me how to let go of things and be kinder to myself :yes: I think you could really benefit from it too :h:

hiya thanks so much for replying. It's nice to know someone feels the same way I do.

I don't have a support system at all, I know I have a problem but most of the time I don't acknowlege it or tell myself i don't.

maybe I should give it a try? :smile:

I'm the same I always get things wrong the harder I try the worse it is then the more anxious I get its such a cycle. I don't like disappointing people.
Reply 1869

"Hi

Regards,"

I can totally relate to that unfortunately. That's always been the case for me in employment, schools etc. where the reason why i'm so efficient is because I don't want to look foolish or get unwanted attention (especially in regards to confrontation). Although easier said than done, trying inhaling and exhaling really slowly whilst doing something that can take your mind of things a bit for now and perhaps try and get support somewhere for the long run :smile: You're not pathetic at all and in some ways, it just shows how much you care about what you're doing. :h:
hiya thanks so much for replying. It's nice to know someone feels the same way I do.

I don't have a support system at all, I know I have a problem but most of the time I don't acknowlege it or tell myself i don't.

maybe I should give it a try? :smile:

I'm the same I always get things wrong the harder I try the worse it is then the more anxious I get its such a cycle. I don't like disappointing people.

Well I def think if it's affecting your life to the point you're willing to quit hobs over it, then maybe you should go to your GP and tell him/her some of the stuff you wrote above. I know it's difficult to admit sometimes that one has a problem but there is a lot of help out there, if you can gather up the courage to ask for it.

You hit the nail on the head there by using the word "cycle". CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) is all about examining and eventually breaking negative thought cycles :yep:

Have you heard of a site called MoodGym? If not, Google it and check it out, maybe. It's free online CBT that you can do at your own pace. It's no substitute for a good therapist but it's somewhere to start :h:
Reply 1871
Feeling quite rubbish. Exhausted, headachey, generally sore and slightly flashbacky. Don't know if I can take one tonight cause I feel quite fragile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1872
Original post by octoberbaby
x

Haven't quoted since your post could be triggering and is against the thread rules. Would really urge you to think really carefully, because it sounds like you had a tough day yesterday, and that can often cloud our judgment. Either way, it doesn't sound like you're thinking too clearly right now. Is there anyone you could be with in real life to keep safe? If not, you might want to call the Samaritans or even go to A&E if you think you're in serious danger. :hugs:
Original post by octoberbaby

Give somebody a call if you can. Maybe Samaritans if you think it would help. If you can ask somebody to come be with you tonight that would be good.
Let your feelings out by punching or throwing pillows and screaming really loudly or singing along loudly to lyrics maybe?
:hugs: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
And oh my **** my ex has replied and i don't know if i should read it ****.
**** this ****

i got to sleep about 4am thismorning, got woken up at 7am and woke up at 9 am, had to pretty horrible nightmares, was in placement for 11-3 and had a meeting in that time, got the wrong bus so ended up walking about 2 miles home, and STILL not sleepy.
my bags under my eyes are big enough i wont need a car to move all my stuff back home.

literally cant carry on like this :frown:
Reply 1876
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I'm on that, I've actually got on with it quite well. I've hated every other thing I've ever taken and with this found I had hardly any side effects, other than a bit of anxiety and the burning. They gave me diazepam to help get over the initial part, maybe that's something you could ask about!

I've had so many muscle aches on that :sad:
Friends just left and already I want to cry. :cry: This is turning out to be a really suckish week. I've done things i'm not proud of, i've been told I have to change my meds, exams are so close but I can't work, I feel terrible and i'm so alone! I have friends and family and this forum but I can't talk to anyone about what I really want to. It's such a hushed issue and I just can't talk about it anywhere. I really wanted to talk to my friend about it today. I was hoping they'd see the marks on my face, remember our last conversation and put 2 and 2 together but no. :cry2: I want to talk to somebody but I just can't. If I go to the doctor or anything my parents are going to worry and start asking questions and I HATE that. I can't talk to my friends about it cos I don't know how. I can't talk online about it cos of all the damn rules and any helpline just feels so formulated and inhuman. I don't know what to do anymore! I'm so scared! :bawling:
Reply 1878
Feel triggered for the first time in ages, and it's making me feel horrible. I feel as though I'm trying to fight something tonight and I'm not sure what it is. Don't feel physically well either :frown: I'm so tired
Somebody came into my room and changed the page on my calendar!!!!! RAGE!!!!! THAT IS NOT OKAY! Everybody in my house knows not to mess with my desk!! That has made me feel so much worse!!!! It's bad enough I have to let my brother sleep in my study so all the rooms been rearranged but now somebody thinks they can just casually move around my stuff WITHOUT TELLING ME when they know fully well I have problems with that!!!! It's just so rude!!!! :mad:

Latest