Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    One other girl has got a school direct interview next week. Apart from that, no, I don't think so. You'd definitely hear about it on here!
    Ooh, 'girl'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    Sorry to scare everyone with the spreadsheet.

I'm having issues my principal referee hasn't got the email request, I rang ucas and they told me to get him to add their email address to his contact list, which he did, sent another request and still didn't work

He said I can use his home email address but will that not seem a bit strange? Or do the applications not see the email addresses?

Thanks!
    Hi, I've had this problem too. I spoke to UCAS earlier and a personal email address is absolutely fine - people at uni's don't seem to be receiving the reference requests as firewalls are quite strict so a personal email should be better. I'm waiting to see if my reference gets this one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by espeight11)
    Hi, I've had this problem too. I spoke to UCAS earlier and a personal email address is absolutely fine - people at uni's don't seem to be receiving the reference requests as firewalls are quite strict so a personal email should be better. I'm waiting to see if my reference gets this one!

Ah lovely thanks, I will go see him tomorrow to explain as he is probably sick of his email account being taken up by me haha!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I've just paid my fee and sent off my application, yippee! I've got my literacy skills test tomorrow afternoon so I'll let you know how I get on. I feel sick with nerves!

Good luck to everyone x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rso101)
    I called the skills test helpline this morning as I am taking mine on Friday and was worried my references wouldn't have been written by then. The lady said that as long as I could print off my application form with my id number on it then that was fine as proof of applying. I already have a print of my application form so I was really relieved when I heard this and I am madly practicing for both of my tests. Good luck with yours.

In regards to this, I went for my skills tests yesterday and was turned away because I 'hadn't been offered a place on a course yet'. Hardly makes sense when uni's like you to have passed the tests before interview so I've made a complaint and they're looking into it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellylaugh)
    Hi everyone,

I've just paid my fee and sent off my application, yippee! I've got my literacy skills test tomorrow afternoon so I'll let you know how I get on. I feel sick with nerves!

Good luck to everyone x
    Do you mind me asking you what you are taking to the test centre as 'evidence' of your application? I tried to take mine yesterday and a print-off of my application and my personal id number wasn't adequate and I was sent away unable to take the tests…

ReputationRep:
    Do you mind me asking you what you are taking to the test centre as 'evidence' of your application? I tried to take mine yesterday and a print-off of my application and my personal id number wasn't adequate and I was sent away unable to take the tests…
    Hi there,

I emailed Pearson Vue a few days ago, and they said that I just needed the email confirmation as evidence of application. I really hope that is the case! If you need to wait for your welcome letter, then they really need to be clear about this to people. I really hope I don't trek all the way to the test centre only to be turned away. You must be really annoyed!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I emailed Pearson Vue a few days ago, and they said that I just needed the email confirmation as evidence of application. I really hope that is the case! If you need to wait for your welcome letter, then they really need to be clear about this to people. I really hope I don't trek all the way to the test centre only to be turned away. You must be really annoyed!

Yeh I was fuming…I'd had a half day off at work to do it as well. I complained to UCAS and the people that organise the skills tests, both of whom said that seemed ridiculous and my form should have been fine. Maybe I just had a jobs-worth! It's going to be a bit of an issue now though as I don't know when to book them again :s

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I was fuming…I'd had a half day off at work to do it as well. I complained to UCAS and the people that organise the skills tests, both of whom said that seemed ridiculous and my form should have been fine. Maybe I just had a jobs-worth! It's going to be a bit of an issue now though as I don't know when to book them again :s
    Grr, very annoying! I know my test centre does have time slots quite late in the evening so could you possibly go after work one day? I know it's not the ideal thing to do after a full day at work, but it will save you having to take more time off work.

ReputationRep:
    Hello to all! I am working on my application now. Do you know after the submission of my application, how long do they usually need to book the interview? A week, or a month, more?
    thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    Grr, very annoying! I know my test centre does have time slots quite late in the evening so could you possibly go after work one day? I know it's not the ideal thing to do after a full day at work, but it will save you having to take more time off work.
    Yeh I may have to do that next time! Just wanted to fit them both in on the same day! This whole process is so long and I'm far too impatient for it lol good luck with your tests!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkisti)
    Hello to all! I am working on my application now. Do you know after the submission of my application, how long do they usually need to book the interview? A week, or a month, more?
    thank you so much!
    I'm not saying this to brag but I applied yesterday and got an interview offer today so it depends on the Uni I think. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Is it okay to have booked both skills test on the same day..? Only the closet centre to me is a 4.5hr drive and I want to get them done as soon as!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone- Just wanted to know with regards to the skills tests where have people been turned away from? Only I have mine tomorrow in Holborn and am worried I will get turned away. :-( Also I heard from Roehampton to say they've received my applications and interviews will be late Nov/ early Dec… so I guess I will hear from them soon. *fingers crossed*

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ucas.com/sites/default/fi...cal-Report.pdf They aren't figures for applications, more acceptances, but they are still useful to look at (albeit a little saddening!)
    I've applied to Edge Hill, Sheffield Hallam and Cumbria. Figures for some random things are on here http://www.ucas.com/sites/default/fi...cal-Report.pdf Yeah with the subject knowledge I think even though I've been saying I'm really confident I could teach R.E with a politics degree, and my PS reflected this, I think deep down I don't know if I can It's only really just hit me now that I've applied, that I'm going to be expected to show my knowledge in an area I don't even have a GCSE in! I know it sounds stupid that I even applied, but I do have a genuine interest in religion, took a short course on it and a module at uni. I probably know more than the average person without religious qualifications but I don't think it's enough. I guess the providers will easily see that though. Ah well. Should have gone for citizenship I think. As useless as it is, I probably would have had more chance at getting in
    Thanks for the link will have a looksie! Saw you took a subject enhancement in summer I reckon that will definitely strengthen your application! I thought they still needed RE teachers? Try not to get anxious about it they can see your developing your knowledge. x

ReputationRep:
    Yes definitely! I have mine a week apart but only because there wasn't availability to have them on the same day for me. I'd rather just get them both out of the way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutebat)
    Hi everyone- Just wanted to know with regards to the skills tests where have people been turned away from? Only I have mine tomorrow in Holborn and am worried I will get turned away. :-( Also I heard from Roehampton to say they've received my applications and interviews will be late Nov/ early Dec… so I guess I will hear from them soon. *fingers crossed*
    If you have sufficient ID and proof of application you shouldn't be turned away. Anyone who does turn you away is wrong and you should ask to speak to their manager to clarify the situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutebat)
    Oh my gosh, that is so soon, its late November now. I thought they would have to give us more notice than that, I need 2 weeks at least to book time off work. Still I haven't sent mine off yet as I am waiting on references.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shelly_x)
    If you have sufficient ID and proof of application you shouldn't be turned away. Anyone who does turn you away is wrong and you should ask to speak to their manager to clarify the situation.
    Thanks Shelly I think I will print of the page that says apply after applying and email from Roehampton saying you should ideally take tests before interview :-)

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I'm not bothered - I gain nothing from being able to log into track when there's nothing to see!
    Just quoted you to get your attention Airfairy - I just wanted to say that there is an RE NQT at my school who did his degree in Sociology so you definitely have a chance with Politics!

I can't believe people have interviews already! I haven't heard anything at all or got my Welcome Letter yet

Cutebat - what subject have you applied to Roehampton for? I haven't heard from them (RE PGCE)

Also not going to look at the places allocations spreadsheet - I don't see the point in depressing myself I will just do my very best if I get any interviews!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.