Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woostarite)
    This isn't true. I know for a fact that graph sketching questions are sometimes asked in mathematics interviews (for those applying for straight maths for example).
    That's not what Noble's trying to say, but I go that impression at first as well. He's saying that the reason for giving graph sketching questions to interviwees isn't because they'll be doing lots of graph sketching at uni but because it's a good exercise to see how they think

ReputationRep:
    Oops, point taken. Should have read beyond the first sentence!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone Applying for pure CS to Worcester been offered an interview yet?

ReputationRep:
    Just got math interview from St hugh's!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yxcai)
    Just got math interview from St hugh's!
    Good Luck. Still waiting for mine from Lincoln

ReputationRep:
    Have any Christ church applicants received any letters so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just received an interview invitation from Queen's!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woostarite)
    Oops, point taken. Should have read beyond the first sentence!
    Or, beyond the first half of the first sentence

ReputationRep:
    Interview at Brasenose for Maths and Philosophy!

ReputationRep:
    Nice! I just got mine for CS and Philosophy at Hertford, hadn't realised quite how nervous I was until I saw it. Out of curiosity, is there anyone else here who applied for CS/Phil? Or for Hertford? Haven't seen much of either so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GMU10)
    Interview at Brasenose for Maths and Philosophy!
    (Original post by ricraz)
    Nice! I just got mine for CS and Philosophy at Hertford, hadn't realised quite how nervous I was until I saw it. Out of curiosity, is there anyone else here who applied for CS/Phil? Or for Hertford? Haven't seen much of either so far.
    Congratulations! You guys will have separate interviews for philosophy, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by souktik)
    Congratulations! You guys will have separate interviews for philosophy, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmmm, I don't think so? I know that for CS/Phil at Hertford at least, the professor in charge has taught both CS and Philosophy, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were combined into one interview. Then again, I doubt that's true for many if any other colleges.

ReputationRep:
    Well done!

Still waiting for maths at hertford

Gahhh

ReputationRep:
    Just got an interview for maths philosophy at Trinity . Whew, soso relieved!

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, I don't think so? I know that for CS/Phil at Hertford at least, the professor in charge has taught both CS and Philosophy, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were combined into one interview. Then again, I doubt that's true for many if any other colleges.
    Oh, okay. That's good, then. I had considered applying for all the joint maths courses initially, and I couldn't decide. Ended up applying for straight maths.
    I've never had a chance to study philosophy, but I've always been curious about it. Best of luck for your interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haydenkwangl)
    Just received an interview invitation from Queen's!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Guess I'll be seeing you there then haha

ReputationRep:
    st johns interview woop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by souktik)
    Oh, okay. That's good, then. I had considered applying for all the joint maths courses initially, and I couldn't decide. Ended up applying for straight maths.
    I've never had a chance to study philosophy, but I've always been curious about it. Best of luck for your interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks I was pretty torn between CS/maths and CS/Phil myself, since I enjoy discrete maths, probability etc. Luckily it seems like that stuff is covered in any degree involving CS, while I get to avoid most analysis/multi variable calculus/other messy things.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I was pretty torn between CS/maths and CS/Phil myself, since I enjoy discrete maths, probability etc. Luckily it seems like that stuff is covered in any degree involving CS, while I get to avoid most analysis/multi variable calculus/other messy things.
    Those are my favourite bits of maths as well. Combinatorics, number theory, probability, etc. But the "messy stuff" is also pretty cool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    KEBLE HAVE SENT MATHS LETTERS!!

Letters for the following subjects have now gone out:

• Archaeology and Anthropology (2 Dec)
    • Biological Sciences (25 Nov)
    • Chemistry (21 Nov)
    • Classical Archaeology & Ancient History (27 Nov)
    • Computer Science (27 Nov)
    • Economics & Management (2 Dec)
    • English (29th Nov)
    • Geography (29 Nov)
    • History and Joint (27 Nov)
    • Human Sciences (26 Nov)
    • Law (25 Nov)
    • Maths (including Statistics) (2 Dec)
    • Maths & Computer Science (27 Nov)
    • Modern Languages and Joint (28 Nov)
    • PPE (28 Nov)
    • Physics (2 Dec)
    • Theology (including Philosophy) (29 Nov)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.