Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I actually think Murray might win this one. Basically whoever wins that Djokovic-Murray QF will win the whole thing in my opinion.
    Also 2 really fun WTA matches today. Venus against Pektovic and Serena against Ivanovic were both good style match ups and haf lots of drama

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Someone needs to stop Djokovic at the masters he keeps winning all of them!
    Why do you care? I thought Nadal fans only care about slams since that's where your guy supposedly always peaks and they're the most important tournaments. Nadal's won a record number of masters, if he defends the US Open surely it won't matter who wins the preceding masters

ReputationRep:
    Federer needs to win one of the next 2 masters. Us Federer fans need something to cheer about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Why do you care? I thought Nadal fans only care about slams since that's where your guy supposedly always peaks and they're the most important tournaments. Nadal's won a record number of masters, if he defends the US Open surely it won't matter who wins the preceding masters
    It does matter in the sense that nobody new is breaking out making it boring with one player winning all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    It does matter in the sense that nobody new is breaking out making it boring with one player winning all.

Wawrinka has won a masters plus a slam this year and Dimitrov and Raonic are finally breaking through. Djokovic hasn't won everything this season and hard courts are good for the younger guys so we'll see what happens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Wawrinka has won a masters plus a slam this year and Dimitrov and Raonic are finally breaking through. Djokovic hasn't won everything this season and hard courts are good for the younger guys so we'll see what happens
    nadals out with injury, he has a lot of points to defend so it can only be beneficial to djokovic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    You wouldn't say that if Nadal was winning all?

ReputationRep:
    David Goffin won his maiden ATP title on Saturday after defeating Dominic Thiem (4-6,6-1,6-3) to claim the Kitzbuehel Cup. This victory against Thiem marks his 20th consecutive match win since losing to Andy Murray in the first round of Wimbledon.

I don't usually take notice of any of the lesser players, but I must admit that I am quite fond of the plucky little Belgian lad Goffin (no homo).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashnard)
    David Goffin won his maiden ATP title on Saturday after defeating Dominic Thiem (4-6,6-1,6-3) to claim the Kitzbuehel Cup. This victory against Thiem marks his 20th consecutive match win since losing to Andy Murray in the first round of Wimbledon.

I don't usually take notice of any of the lesser players, but I must admit that I am quite fond of the plucky little Belgian lad Goffin (no homo).
    Raonic also won in Washington, never lost a set.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    You wouldn't say that if Nadal was winning all?
    Nadal only did summer triple once but nole always dominates this period

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Raonic also won in Washington, never lost a set.
    I don't find Milos Raonic interesting in any way, shape, or form to be honest. When he starts to show more grit against the top guys in the big matches then I might be inclined to take more interest, but until then he'll just be another also-ran to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatMadClown)
    nadals out with injury, he has a lot of points to defend so it can only be beneficial to djokovic.

I'm not saying that Djokovic hasn't benefited, I'm saying that he hasn't won Toronto and Cincinnati yet which is what started this all off to begin with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Nadal only did summer triple once but nole always dominates this period

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No he doesn't. He has never won Cincy and has only won 1 US open. Yeah he reaches a lot of finals but who cares about the runner up?

ReputationRep:
    No he doesn't. He has never won Cincy and has only won 1 US open. Yeah he reaches a lot of finals but who cares about the runner up?
    True runner ups are are insignificant however Nole is the best at this period he has won all the titles apart from Cincy Nads is missing
    More

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    True runner ups are are insignificant however Nole is the best at this period he has won all the titles apart from Cincy Nads is missing
    More

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nadal has done a triple and Nole hasn't. We are only talking about this time period.

ReputationRep:
    Nadal has done a triple and Nole hasn't. We are only talking about this time period.
    Yes but this year nads aint do no summer triple Nole will do it. he hasnt lost a match on hard since dubai? Shock!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Yes but this year nads aint do no summer triple Nole will do it. he hasnt lost a match on hard since dubai? Shock!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He won't do a triple imo.

ReputationRep:
    He won't do a triple imo.
    2/3 Win 2 of the 3 summer tournaments at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    2/3 Win 2 of the 3 summer tournaments at least.
    Yeah probably.

ReputationRep:
    so when is the US open. it usually happens in October right?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 27, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.