Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulfur)
    Enters atria, goes to ventricle, left goes to aorta, right goes to pulmonary artery.
    ^ Yeah you need to know all about that, I didn't know it was called the cardiac cycle. XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olmyster911)
    I've never heard of the cardiac cycle, do we need to know this??
    The cardiac cycle is this; taken from my revision guide:
    1)Heart muscles relax and blood flows into the atria through veins from the lungs and the rest of the body
    2) Atria contract, squeezing blood into the ventricles
    3) Ventricles contract, forcing blood out of them and into the body and lungs
    4) Heart muscles relax and the process repeats itself

ReputationRep:
    Im hoping that tomorrows exam doesnt have too many maths questions

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amyjonesx)
    Im hoping that tomorrows exam doesnt have too many maths questions
    It shouldn't do, the only maths they would probably give you in B7 is BMI and perhaps analysing a graph. *Crosses fingers*.

ReputationRep:
    Here's hoping this paper tomorrow is a good one, done the specimen and the June 2013 one and found them fine but whenever it's the real thing they always seem to be awkward questions!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Screw you ecosystems :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicalgraffiti)
    Screw you ecosystems :mad:
    Gee you guys really don't like the ecosystems part of B7 ! XD What's wrong with it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HappyHylian)
    Gee you guys really don't like the ecosystems part of B7 ! XD What's wrong with it?
    It's so booooring and dull xP I love the first and last part though :3

ReputationRep:
    If there was a question on explain why ecosystems are part of a closed loop system then it'd be amazing!

Oxygen is produced by plants photosynthesising as a waste product - this is used in respiration (plants, animals, microorganisms)
    Carbon dioxide is produced by plants, animals and microorganisms when they respire and is used as a reactant in plants
    Dead organic matter (faeces, fruit, petals, leaves) are decomposed by microorganisms as food
    Mineral nutrients (nitrogen) is produced by microorganisms when their digestive enzymes break down organic matter and are absorbed by plants

ReputationRep:
    Ecosystems as topics simplified:

Perfect closed loop
    Ecosystems are an example of closed loop
    Stable ecosystems and vegetation
    Managing ecosystems (eutrophication, bioaccumulation)
    Problems and solutions of ecosystems (over-fishing, unsustainable timber harvesting, quotas, replanting)
    Why the sun is a sustainable energy source (sustainable agriculture) and crude oil isn't

All of that is to do with ecosystems

ReputationRep:
    I got about 52 marks on the B7 June 2013 - I should be OK for an A* tomorrow, just need to ensure that I don't screw anything up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's not in the specification, so no.
    I didn't think it was

ReputationRep:
    I nearly fell asleep reading it, that's why :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulfur)
    Ecosystems as topics simplified:

Perfect closed loop
    Ecosystems are an example of closed loop
    Stable ecosystems and vegetation
    Managing ecosystems (eutrophication, bioaccumulation)
    Problems and solutions of ecosystems (over-fishing, unsustainable timber harvesting, quotas, replanting)
    Why the sun is a sustainable energy source (sustainable agriculture) and crude oil isn't

All of that is to do with ecosystems
    Wait so what would be the answer to a question that said give an example of a closed loop ecosystem?

ReputationRep:
    If this exam was just on the everything but ecosystems... I'd be screaming with joy in my head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amyjonesx)
    Wait so what would be the answer to a question that said give an example of a closed loop ecosystem?
    I've posted it at the top of this page, post 1881

ReputationRep:
    Sure the ecosystem section is boring, but atleast it's so damn easy
    Tbh the whole of B7 wasn't particularly difficult. Probably my favourite 7, in terms of how confident I am going into the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you were to create your own six mark question from the B7 section, what would it be? (Or using the one's that have been posted)

ReputationRep:
    Discuss the different uses of biological technology (6)

Discuss the different uses of microorganisms in industry (6)

Ecosystems are fairly easy, but they are about as tedious as watching plants photosynthesise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.