Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    One thing i hated about my gap year is too much free time. Its exciting at the start but gets very boring after a while
    lol that's what happened to my older sis, she wanted to travel and do work experience but it did not happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkMystryXxX)
    lol that's what happened to my older sis, she wanted to travel and do work experience but it did not happen.
    What uni is she off to and what course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chukkeigh)
    I totally agree wallahiiii, I just wanna look good and do me insaAllah. Don't care if that sounds selfish, I just don't wanna be phat and have children afta children none stop.

Two of my friends at the age of 20 got married these past two weeks, masaAllah, but whyyy boo. I feel like crying.
    For real. Exactly my thinking. Most girls feel like at 18,19 they want to get married by the time they are 22/23, but watch when they get to that age they wouldn't want to get married! Im 22 now and I cant imagine getting married any time soon let alone right now. Life happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaLDN)
    For real. Exactly my thinking. Most girls feel like at 18,19 they want to get married by the time they are 22/23, but watch when they get to that age they wouldn't want to get married! Im 22 now and I cant imagine getting married any time soon let alone right now. Life happens.
    MasaAllah 22! I am gonna be 20 soon insaAllah sis & I feel like this is our time to shine insAllah. We just went or are in the process of going through stress with education & all of a sudden straight away go through the trouble of childbearing. Like no thanks boo.

ReputationRep:
    Chukkeigh and Sophia. You girls are so influenced by the western world where the non-muslims marry so late. Believe me by 28, its gonna be so hard for you guys to find a good husband who isn't a divorcee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkMystryXxX)
    My sister took a gap year, and my parents did not want her to caus she got into uni and everything but she told them how she wanted to retake some exams and do better. They finally let her, so she revised at home and took her exams externally. She did have lots of free time lool
    yh you'd have waaaaay to much free time especially if your sitting around at home... did she HAVE TO work by the way? isnt it that you are:
    1) in full time education
    2) signed up/on the doll
    3)working

i may be wrong but i thought because your 18+ you gotta be doing something

ReputationRep:
    Chukkeigh and Sophia. You girls are so influenced by the western world where the non-muslims marry so late. Believe me by 28, its gonna be so hard for you guys to find a good husband who isn't a divorcee
    plot twist-you marry a guy 10 years younger pahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily. Lol as long as I lived my life & look good it should be alright to find a hubby iA & if I don't. It ain't the end of the world boo, I shall wait for my hurul ayn insaAllah.

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily. Lol as long as I lived my life & look good it should be alright to find a hubby iA & if I don't. It ain't the end of the world boo, I shall wait for my hurul ayn insaAllah.
    maaha koo waalataay looking good lel. Personality > looks.
    If you ain't with it, you getta get with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hugoalmeida)
    plot twist-you marry a guy 10 years younger pahahahaha
    Ew please ufffff dont make me puke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol that is true wallaheey I have gone a bit OTT but I feel like i have to repeat myself constantly. Lolz for me moneeeey, looks, family and then personality.

Money ova everythang boo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah after the looks fade, its the personality that will remain

ReputationRep:
    Ew please ufffff dont make me puke
    :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    :ahee:
    As in are our families compatible with each other boo. The less females their are on his side the better.

ReputationRep:
    Reer London people, have you heard about this incident where a Somali guy and 3 other girls beat up a Somali girl and threw BOILING water on her? It was on instagram & twitter.

Why are Somalis in London wild for?
    Umar probs can give y'all the snapchat on ere once he sees this.

ReputationRep:
    Where do you live Ch...? All somali girls are different.
    I live in London and the actions of a few girls doesnt make all somali london girls crazy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wooow this page has gone a bit weird since I left.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Reer London people, have you heard about this incident where a Somali guy and 3 other girls beat up a Somali girl and threw BOILING water on her? It was on instagram & twitter.

Why are Somalis in London wild for?
    Umar probs can give y'all the snapchat on ere once he sees this.
    I live in London and I have never heard this sheekoy sheeko. Unless it's in west\north London. They can't be called Somali we call them the lost ones. Ilahey ha soo hanuniyo

ReputationRep:
    yh you'd have waaaaay to much free time especially if your sitting around at home... did she HAVE TO work by the way? isnt it that you are:
    1) in full time education
    2) signed up/on the doll
    3)working

i may be wrong but i thought because your 18+ you gotta be doing something

Lol she was just taking some re-takes

ReputationRep:

Lol its always good to get married early, but I don't even want to get married. But I guess what ever is written for me will happen

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.