Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawStudent30)
    Just got an invite for video interview for Hill Dickinson- just to let you know as I saw a few posts about them in this thread.
    Hey, do you have any idea what to expect from the video interview? I just received an invitation for application from them about 20 minutes ago and I'm quite nervous now! I wonder if they will ask us more about ourselves or instead about the firm?

Good luck with your interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leumas9)
    Hey, do you have any idea what to expect from the video interview? I just received an invitation for application from them about 20 minutes ago and I'm quite nervous now! I wonder if they will ask us more about ourselves or instead about the firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck! When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    No need for people to worry about video interviews as much as they seem to be.

It all depends on the firm but some general guidelines are, the interview is likely to consist of 3/4 questions. You will have between 30-60 seconds (generally) to think up a response and about a 60-90 seconds to answer. It can be a little awkward, but you'll settle into it.

The questions are typically competency based, with probably one question about the firm. The questions come from a bank, so you could get some fairly horrible questions on commercial awareness. You really can't prepare all that much for them - Your first video interview probably won't be the best that you ever do. Mine was quite bad and got a rejection, but I felt tons more confident on my second one.

Treat it like a proper interview, dress smart and smile. Always make sure you're looking at the camera and not your screen.

For anyone interested, Davis Polk will have interviews on the week commencing 9th Feb and have given some invites.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, has anyone done a (Mishcon or otherwise) video interview? Never done one before so I don't know what to expect. Is it automated? Competency based? Any help much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    Good luck! When did you apply?
    Not yesterday the day before

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Had CC assessment centre today. No idea whether it went brilliantly or awfully.

ReputationRep:
    Not yesterday the day before

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! I think that's a PFO for me then ha!

ReputationRep:
    Nabarro AC invite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    Nabarro AC invite.
    Congrats! When did they invite you and when did you do the video interview?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, to be honest, no clue what to expect! Their written application is not much to go off is it hah! I am guessing competency based as my other video interview is that (Irwin Mitchell) but I think I will prepare basic questions too eg commercial awareness as somebody mentioned above ! When are you doing yours? Thank you, good luck with yours too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by footchemllab)
    Congrats! When did they invite you and when did you do the video interview?
    Sat the video interview on the 26th and got the AC invite today, our applications/ints are definitely overlapping haha.

ReputationRep:
    No need for people to worry about video interviews as much as they seem to be.

Thanks for your input on video interviews! Makes me feel a bit better for them now, my telephone interviews were awful last year! I see you passed your second video interview? Congrats!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawStudent30)
    Hey, to be honest, no clue what to expect! Their written application is not much to go off is it hah! I am guessing competency based as my other video interview is that (Irwin Mitchell) but I think I will prepare basic questions too eg commercial awareness as somebody mentioned above ! When are you doing yours? Thank you, good luck with yours too!
    I was overjoyed with the written app, really straight forward but then this has left me quite stumped for the interview! I was maybe going to annotate a copy of my CV and then do some research about recent cases etc so I'm not left stumped on any of the more specific questions. I'm probably going to do it late on the 1st or early on the 2nd to try and give myself as much time to prepare. I feel a bit disadvantaged by being given such short notice, but c'est la vie!

Do you happen to know if we get to rerecord our answers or not? I'm hoping it's not too brutal!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sat the video interview on the 26th and got the AC invite today, our applications/ints are definitely overlapping haha.
    I know haha, such crossover! I did my video interview on Monday as well, hoping I hear back soon! Good luck with yours, when's the AC?

ReputationRep:
    PFO from Nabarro - Appplied on 15th Jan

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have tips for the Latham interview? (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waza_11)
    PFO from Nabarro - Appplied on 15th Jan
    Really sorry to hear that. Did you do a video interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by footchemllab)
    I know haha, such crossover! I did my video interview on Monday as well, hoping I hear back soon! Good luck with yours, when's the AC?
    There was a choice of two dates 12th Feb and 13th.

Where else are you waiting on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkyomilk)
    Does anyone have tips for the Latham interview? (:
    Do you mind me asking when you applied and when they got back to you? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    any tips on Nabarro online video assessment? thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.