Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    If you pass the Barclays assesments what message comes up? Has anyone reached this stage?
    Haven't even been invited to it yet lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can someone PLEASE finally make things clear to me?
    Which banks recruit on rolling basis this year?
    thx in advance
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ROLIK)
    Can someone PLEASE finally make things clear to me?
    Which banks recruit on rolling basis this year?
    thx in advance
    As far as I'm aware it's all except JP Morgan and possibly Goldman Sachs this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Stacks)
    Haven't even been invited to it yet lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    should be auto bro after submitting

ReputationRep:
    We can confirm that you have completed the required online assessment. Your application will now be reviewed by a member of the Campus Recruitment team who will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible. However, please note that due to the high volume of applications received it can take a little time to hear back from us.

Is it really that hard for Barclays to say yes you have passed? did anyone else get this

ReputationRep:
    We can confirm that you have completed the required online assessment. Your application will now be reviewed by a member of the Campus Recruitment team who will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible. However, please note that due to the high volume of applications received it can take a little time to hear back from us.

Is it really that hard for Barclays to say yes you have passed? did anyone else get this
    I think the issue with saying something like "you've passed" is it gives the impression the applicant has been successful to some degree. When the majority of people who pass the tests are going to get rejected after anyway, it does make sense for the message to be relatively conservative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noble.)
    I think the issue with saying something like "you've passed" is it gives the impression the applicant has been successful to some degree. When the majority of people who pass the tests are going to get rejected after anyway, it does make sense for the message to be relatively conservative.
    so is it safe to say I have indeed passed? im being quite slow tonight

ReputationRep:
    so is it safe to say I have indeed passed? im being quite slow tonight
    I assume so. I was rejected straight after Barclays' tests for summer (and then unrejected 3 weeks later) so it's safe to say you've passed the test benchmark, I'd have thought.

ReputationRep:
    I assume so. I was rejected straight after Barclays' tests for summer (and then unrejected 3 weeks later) so it's safe to say you've passed the test benchmark, I'd have thought.
    Unrejected lol ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aionis)
    Unrejected lol ?
    Yes. I was rejected immediately post-tests and then three weeks later was asked to do a phone interview... :lol:

I did the tests relatively early (within a week or so of them opening applications) so I assume they just set the benchmark too high, since there's no other reason I can think of for them to be looking around those they auto-rejected.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I was rejected immediately post-tests and then three weeks later was asked to do a phone interview... :lol:

I did the tests relatively early (within a week or so of them opening applications) so I assume they just set the benchmark too high, since there's no other reason I can think of for them to be looking around those they auto-rejected.
    So if you're not rejected immediately that means you've passed the online assessments ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aionis)
    Don't you read like 10000 times your CL guys ?
    10000+1 and realised my mistake right after submitting it. I do wonder what Nomura will think

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty, how hard is it to land a spring week and why are they so much stress to bloody get :mad::mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaGeehkaal)
    In all honesty, how hard is it to land a spring week and why are they so much stress to bloody get :mad::mad:
    Alot of applicants, very few spaces. These are big boy industries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    Alot of applicants, very few spaces. These are big boy industries.
    any numbers?

ReputationRep:
    any numbers?
    For summer/grad combined I think I saw the figures "105,000 applicants for approx. 900 positions" floating around. I don't know how true that is, or how that compared to spring week applications though.

ReputationRep:
    any numbers?
    Not quite the same but Morgan Stanley Summer Analyst had 1,000 places globally and 90,000 applications last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the goldman cl it asks to put available dates in, with only 300 words I don't want to waste any, what do we write, just all of april?

ReputationRep:
    I want them so much to give me news.

At least tell me no ! Lol

I've applied more than a month and a half ago for some banks.

Only one rejection from DB...
    "Rolling"...

ReputationRep:
    Received an offer from BAML for their spring week today guys, this was after a phone interview. Haven't heard from any other banks yet.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.