Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Proof that Welbeck is 10x Sterling...
    Spoiler:
    Show

Saw that on Twitter. :lol: #WelbzIsDatGuy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strange Fruitttt)
    Hell of a lot of pundits and posters that could be extremely embarrassed by their quotes on Townsend when he was doing well...
    I remember Jam said back in 2013, around this time it'll only be a matter of time before he got found out. Didn't take until October, till everyone realised he loves to cut in and shoot.

ReputationRep:
    Omg I wish real football was back already
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sr90)
    For now, I'm sure it won't be long before there's another Championship level winger who has 2 good games and gets talked about as the next Gareth Bale. The Townsend hype was absolutely ridiculous and i'm glad it's over with.
    Everybody from Tom Ince to Zaha to Hughes has been hyped no end. It does them absolutely no favours. It needs to stop - but it inevitably won't.

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget Ibe, N'gog, Pacheco - and that's just Liverpool.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Everybody from Tom Ince to Zaha to Hughes has been hyped no end. It does them absolutely no favours. It needs to stop - but it inevitably won't.
    Wasn't Will Hughes linked with Liverpool for ages? Baffling really.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sr90)
    Wasn't Will Hughes linked with Liverpool for ages? Baffling really.
    Yeah for a couple of transfer windows! Troy Deeney will be the one during the January window probably.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Yeah for a couple of transfer windows! Troy Deeney will be the one during the January window probably.
    In all fairness since Deeney was released from prison he's been banging them in. Watford could easily have torn up his contract but they stuck by him, probably why he turned down a few offers in the summer to stay with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Omg I wish real football was back already
    first of all, lol townsend.

secondly, good news guys!
    not that any of you will care but i got a contract change at work which frees up tuesday nights for me.
    essentially means that i'll be able to watch a whole 50% of the champions league!

that is all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    first of all, lol townsend.

secondly, good news guys!
    not that any of you will care but i got a contract change at work which frees up tuesday nights for me.
    essentially means that i'll be able to watch a whole 50% of the champions league!

that is all.
    That's great news!

You'll get to watch the first game against Ludogorets Razgrad but miss the next two.

ReputationRep:
    That's great news!

You'll get to watch the first game against Ludogorets Razgrad but miss the next two.
    actually, my contact change doesn't begin until 21st september, so i think that mean i'm missing the first 3
    does that mean i'll see the other 3 or is it not split 50/50 between tuesday and wednesday?

i'm not overly bothered; i'm glad to just see whatever i can of liverpool.
    we ain't gonna get far anyway - i expect us to come 2nd in group stages and then go out in r16.
    since i don't work weekends i can watch all the premier leagues games, and some of the general CL fixtures as a bonus

EDIT: did a quick check up and it looks like i'll be able to see the madrid game when we're away, and also the game at home to basel - not too bad, at least i'll see the final game that could decide the group

ReputationRep:
    Hughes links weren't that baffling at all, young midfielder, Rodgers has praised him, loves a possession game and is ready to battle in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zerforax)
    that's great news!

You'll get to watch the first game against ludogorets razgrad but miss the next two.
    looooooooooooool
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Got tickets for the cup tie with Boro at the end of the month! Hopefully Markovic gets a start.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...t-time-7750990

Sturridge out for 2-3 weeks, as first expected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)

We should really be able to cope with Aston Villa, Ludo and West Ham..

ReputationRep:
    We should really be able to cope with Aston Villa, Ludo and West Ham..
    Luckily for us our fixtures are now kind after our tough start.

Anything less than 9 points there really would be disappointing, but such is the uncertainty of football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Luckily for us our fixtures are now kind after our tough start.

Anything less than 9 points there really would be disappointing, but such is the uncertainty of football.
    You don't say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trrr)
    You don't say.
    If you don't have anything constructive to discuss about the topic in question, please keep it to yourself in future and refain from quoting me.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by mr tim)

Certainly better than the rumours of him being out six weeks. I'll take that.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.