Cambridge Decisions 2015 - info and FAQ Watch

This discussion is closed.
grammar12
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone know if the SAQ rumours are true? I successfully logged in which means 'apparently' that a straight decision has been made. Apparently if you cannot log into the SAQ it means you've been pooled. Just wondering
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by jneill)
Great post
phatlittlelemon
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CheIIe)
Two of my school friends went to Sydney! One for med and one for eco. I travelled to Cambridge for the interview.
My ATAR is horrendous... Might be 99.6 or 7 something depending on the IB conversion. Not really sure about the NSW system. Everyone in my school who got into oxbridge was 99.95 and two of my ox applicant friends with similar ATAR were rejected, so I guess my chance is slim...
Either well I am happy that I tried!
What about you? What course?
Ahh, may I ask which highschool do you/your friends go to? I think I might have seen them haha. I heard the med interviews were quite general in Sydney this year, just the normal questions like why do you want to do med etc. Oh do you guys all do IB?

Haha, dw my ATAR was horrendous too :/ Way below expectation >< Wow, your school has .95s applying for Oxbridge? Thats insane cus nearly every .95s in my school are staying at Usyd to do med :P

Oh wow, were your friends rejected this year? My friend got .6 and got accepted into Oxbridge 2 days ago for law! I don't think the ATAR is the big difference, I was just asking cus I feel like it's quite below par Two people in the grade above at my school made it to Cambridge for maths last year and their ATARs were like .5 or .6 as well so I hope mid range is ok :/

I applied for eco at trinity haha, really don't think I'd make it but at least I tried :P How were your interviews? Did your school have many Oxbridge applicants this year?
Blazar
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jchap9776)
What music will people blast out if they get an offer? Personally it's got to be Wiley - On A Level haha #bangingtune
Million Dollar Houses by Pierce The Veil. Although I really doubt I'll get an offer...
phatlittlelemon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zenant)
Fellow Aussies!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yo! Which state you from buddy?
thedutchchick
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone happen to know if Clare College sends emails to International applicants?

#daretoask
ianna.andreea
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I really regret not showing them my sketchbook because I ran over time just talking about the main portfolio... There weren't many architecture students and i only got to see two others on the morning before the interview. It would be good if we had more time to communicate.
I did feel that most of my answers were really flat and I could have more interesting opinion to express if only i wasn't that NERVOUS.
Good luck! Don't think there is much i can do to compensate that now.
I know, there are quite some things I wish I had done in my interviews.... but it really is too late for that now. I just feel I didn't have the chance to shine and be the best me. We were 6 architecture applicants the day I had the interview. I guess we'll just find out, sooner or later. Later in my case lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
grammar12
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Correction: Christ's are one of those emailing 12th.

Also: I have found the following re email decisions. If anyone has confirmed info on other colleges please post it for everyone's benefit

Decision Day 2015

Christ’s College
Decision letters will be posted 9th January
Copies will be emailed on 12th January

Emmanuel College
https://www.emma.cam.ac.uk/admission...ying/timeline/ -
Friday 9 January: Offer letters posted to applicants.
By 5:00pm on Saturday 10 January: All decisions (offer, pool and unsuccessful) will be emailed to applicants.

King’s College
http://www.kings.cam.ac.uk/study/und...formation.html
We will post decision letters to all applicants who had interviews in Cambridge, overseas interview candidates, and affiliated applicants onFriday 9 January (this is a university-wide posting date). We will then email the text of decision letters to all applicants on Monday 12 January (you do not need to request this). Please note that this will take us all day - you will not necessarily hear from us in the morning.

Peterhouse
@Peterhouse_SLO
Today is posting day for #admissions decisions. Applicants with non-UK addresses will be emailed on Monday

Queens’ College
https://www.facebook.com/queenscollegeadmissions
Decision letters going in the post Friday so earliest they'll arrive is Saturday!
International applicants: e-mail on Mon to get yours

Trinity College
https://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/applicant-information
Decision letters will be posted to all applicants on Friday 9 January 2015 (University-wide posting date). We will also email the outcome to all applicants on Saturday 10 January 2015. We are unable to give any decisions over the telephone. UCAS Track will only update once the central Cambridge Admissions Office has given the decisions to UCAS (they will do this by the end of January).

Trinity Hall
(as per confirmation email)
“On Monday 12 January, I will email all candidates to let them know the final outcome of their application. I shall assume that you are happy to receive the news via email; however, if you would prefer receive the news by post instead, please let me know (though obviously a letter will take longer to arrive)”

Information from Downing College:
"Decision letters will be posted first class tomorrow morning (9th January). Applicants with non-UK mailing addresses will also be emailed on Saturday."
They have also added that if you want to be emailed you should contact "[email protected]"
Blazar
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Autopooling is one thing, and yes that is up to having 93+ UMS.
But someone with a lower UMS can also be pooled.

The auto-pool rule is only one of a number of possible reasons to be pooled.

That's the point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just to add to this - last year I was pooled for PhysNatSci with a B (60-75% in the final exam) in Higher Physics and interviews which I didn't think had gone well at all. Even if your grades are significantly below the auto-pooling criteria or you think you did badly at interview, you could still be pooled (or possibly receive a straight offer, but I don't have experience of that). It's not over for anyone yet!
CheIIe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by phatlittlelemon)
Ahh, may I ask which highschool do you/your friends go to? I think I might have seen them haha. I heard the med interviews were quite general in Sydney this year, just the normal questions like why do you want to do med etc. Oh do you guys all do IB?

Haha, dw my ATAR was horrendous too :/ Way below expectation >< Wow, your school has .95s applying for Oxbridge? Thats insane cus nearly every .95s in my school are staying at Usyd to do med :P

Oh wow, were your friends rejected this year? My friend got .6 and got accepted into Oxbridge 2 days ago for law! I don't think the ATAR is the big difference, I was just asking cus I feel like it's quite below par Two people in the grade above at my school made it to Cambridge for maths last year and their ATARs were like .5 or .6 as well so I hope mid range is ok :/

I applied for eco at trinity haha, really don't think I'd make it but at least I tried :P How were your interviews? Did your school have many Oxbridge applicants this year?

This year all of our .95 are staying in Melbourne, two for med and one for law. It was actually quite challenging to balance academic work with all the application requirements and the .95s all decide to focus on their full atar instead
My interviews were really general and I could have said more deep-meaningful stuff and expressed more opinions. The interviewees were all sooo nice so it would be hard to judge what they really think of me.
Our school has 5 oxbridge this year, 2 ox and 3 cam.
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Minerva)
Great post
Tks.
I'm building a little spreadsheet.
Where can I put it so everyone can update?
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by grammar12)
Information from Downing College:
"Decision letters will be posted first class tomorrow morning (9th January). Applicants with non-UK mailing addresses will also be emailed on Saturday."
They have also added that if you want to be emailed you should contact "[email protected]"
Thanks. I'll add to my post.
ShellySpielberg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Correction: Christ's are one of those emailing 12th.

Also: I have found the following re email decisions. If anyone has confirmed info on other colleges please post it for everyone's benefit

Decision Day 2015

Christ’s College
Decision letters will be posted 9th January
Copies will be emailed on 12th January

Emmanuel College
https://www.emma.cam.ac.uk/admission...ying/timeline/ -
Friday 9 January: Offer letters posted to applicants.
By 5:00pm on Saturday 10 January: All decisions (offer, pool and unsuccessful) will be emailed to applicants.

King’s College
http://www.kings.cam.ac.uk/study/und...formation.html
We will post decision letters to all applicants who had interviews in Cambridge, overseas interview candidates, and affiliated applicants onFriday 9 January (this is a university-wide posting date). We will then email the text of decision letters to all applicants on Monday 12 January (you do not need to request this). Please note that this will take us all day - you will not necessarily hear from us in the morning.

Peterhouse
@Peterhouse_SLO
Today is posting day for #admissions decisions. Applicants with non-UK addresses will be emailed on Monday

Queens’ College
https://www.facebook.com/queenscollegeadmissions
Decision letters going in the post Friday so earliest they'll arrive is Saturday!
International applicants: e-mail on Mon to get yours

Trinity College
https://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/applicant-information
Decision letters will be posted to all applicants on Friday 9 January 2015 (University-wide posting date). We will also email the outcome to all applicants on Saturday 10 January 2015. We are unable to give any decisions over the telephone. UCAS Track will only update once the central Cambridge Admissions Office has given the decisions to UCAS (they will do this by the end of January).

Trinity Hall
(as per confirmation email)
“On Monday 12 January, I will email all candidates to let them know the final outcome of their application. I shall assume that you are happy to receive the news via email; however, if you would prefer receive the news by post instead, please let me know (though obviously a letter will take longer to arrive)”
Robinson:
On the email it said that they would aim to send international students the outcome of their application by email after the pool closes. The others would be sent by post I believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ShellySpielberg)
Robinson:
On the email it said that they would aim to send international students the outcome of their application by email after the pool closes. The others would be sent by post I believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tks... but "after the pool closes" wtf do they mean? The Pool closed on Tuesday...
Barleywolf
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When I try to log in to St. John's website it takes me straight to Raven. I guess the applicant information section is closed now.
cameron245
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by grammar12)
Does anyone know if the SAQ rumours are true? I successfully logged in which means 'apparently' that a straight decision has been made. Apparently if you cannot log into the SAQ it means you've been pooled. Just wondering
bump; I just tried and couldn't login - my password didn't work. So, pooled?
cameron245
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cameron245)
bump; I just tried and couldn't login - my password didn't work. So, pooled?
Though I'm assuming it's just a rumor.
phatlittlelemon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This year all of our .95 are staying in Melbourne, two for med and one for law. It was actually quite challenging to balance academic work with all the application requirements and the .95s all decide to focus on their full atar instead
My interviews were really general and I could have said more deep-meaningful stuff and expressed more opinions. The interviewees were all sooo nice so it would be hard to judge what they really think of me.
Our school has 5 oxbridge this year, 2 ox and 3 cam.
Yea Ikr all the .95s are staying for either med or law. Pretty much everyone in my grade does med or law haha. A lot of ppl also takes up the .9 guarantee to Melbourne postgrad med since there's the cash that comes with it :P

I'm feeling really nervous cus everyone else seems to have gotten general interviews but mine was like entirely subject based (in Aus u only get 1 interview so yea) I only had one professor interviewing me ... He was so professional haha can't tell at all what he thinks of me.

I'm guessing you come from a private school? We had an Oxford (accepted), me for Cambridge and three targeting ivy leagues atm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
CheIIe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ianna.andreea)
I know, there are quite some things I wish I had done in my interviews.... but it really is too late for that now. I just feel I didn't have the chance to shine and be the best me. We were 6 architecture applicants the day I had the interview. I guess we'll just find out, sooner or later. Later in my case lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am sure many applicant felt the same way so don't stress yourself too much. Good luck!
ShellySpielberg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Tks... but "after the pool closes" wtf do they mean? The Pool closed on Tuesday...
I've been wondering that too... I'm international so I've been checking my emails since Tuesday hoping for good news ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 5 Jul '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (78)
19.31%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (163)